Japan - all the information

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Japan - all the information

Postby Zippo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Keen to receive any and all information from anyone who has been to Japan - specifically Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima
Things to see and do, things to avoid that other places may say to visit and of course, where to find those sweet sweet Transformers!!

Cheers

TFNZ Princess

Re: Japan - all the information

Postby Mr_Ash » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Old Timer would be a good person to ask
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Heroic Autobot

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:35 am

The second floor of Nakano broadway in Tokyo has quite a few stores with plenty of Transformers/Anime goodness (Mandrake is transformers paradise). There are also quite a few beautiful Temples, Shrines, and Gardens that are easy to get to and absolutely worth checking out.

Gestalt

Postby IronhideTFX » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:56 am

Zippo wrote:Keen to receive any and all information from anyone who has been to Japan - specifically Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima
Things to see and do, things to avoid that other places may say to visit and of course, where to find those sweet sweet Transformers!!

Cheers

I found Osaka to have some fantastic shops for transformers.

Japan is such an amazing, friendly & safe place.
We went last year, and looking to go back.

Headmaster City

Postby Old_Timer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Been meaning to respond to this for ages. First of all I'm sure you have had some things recommended already... - Nakano Mandarake is a great place to check out. Akihabara is quite awesome for collectable stuff... if you want new stuff though I'd recommend the big chains like Bic Camera, Yodobashi, Yamada Denki etc. Other things you might like... I went to Kobe this past week and further down to Himeji... checked out the castle at Himeji. Incredibly beautiful... and for some reason a crazy amount of cats wandering around. If you head out west to Kanazawa you can have gold plated ice cream... weird I know but something different. When are you planning your trip for, Zippo?
Durka Durka Durka!! Mohammed Jihad!!!!

No.of TF's in collection:32 (just a beginner)
Fave quote: You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without falling over.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Heading over 11th September for a couple of weeks; I have to start my preparation plans soon after not worrying about it for 6 months

Return to General Discussion