eBay problem

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Headmaster City

eBay problem

Postby loismustdye » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:05 pm

Ordered an item via eBay from china (I know I know) over a month ago. The tracking provided never worked and the item never arrived and so I put a resolution thing in via eBay to get a refund. eBay replied to say the seller provided information to say it was delivered and closed the case.
So I appealed tonight via eBay and launched a PayPal dispute before then in order to get a refund.

The sellers recent feedback shows they have scammed a lot of buyers and they've bad feedback as well.
Anybody had any experience with this or similar experiences?
I can add any evidence as there is none, other to say the tracking number doesn't work and it never arrived?
Kinda pissed with eBay
Cheers
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

TFNZ Moderator

Re: eBay problem

Postby Subria » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:17 pm

That's somewhat unusual, as eBay and Paypal normally side on the buyer's side as opposed to the seller. Don't paypal offer a guarantee of some kind?

I'd just provide the supplied (non working) tracking number. Delivery records should normally remain there for a few months after delivery, and if if it can't be tracked, well for ammo for you!

This Moderator is no longer resident.

Pretender

Postby Grandmaster » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 am

Yeah I had a similar situation last year. I ordered a Neca Alien Queen figure off a "reputable" seller - loads of great feedback, but it never arrived. Had to go through the process that you are going through at the moment. Turns out the seller had scammed a whole load of people recently and over the month of the dispute their page filled up with similar feedback from scammed customers. They gave false tracking numbers and everything. Pretty disappointing when the item is "delivered" whilst you are actually at home and you try to dispute it with no resolution - at least initially. Fortunately ebay sorted it out and I got a refund but it was a rigmarole to get my money back. I'm way more cautious now when buying from ebay or aliexpress but that kind of scam is still going on :/ In some ways it's better to suck up a higher price and go via BBTS or similar, it gets trickier when the item is not a current product though.
Hopefully they'll sort you out quickly.
My lego creations on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72062810@N08/

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanks, I'm just waiting now on PayPal after they asked for more information (which I don't have due to stating my case when lodging the claim. Of interest is the seller showed eBay information stating it had been delivered, which is not the case as Ive never received it (and the tracking number didn't work with nzpost or any other nz carrier). I'm guessing I might be able to get nzpost to confirm they never received the package at their end and therefore never delivered it but would need to check.
This coupled with an item I bought from a different seller (which was refunded after the tracking number didn't work and the item itself "disappeared" from eBay meaning I couldn't even view the item or leave feedback) has really soured me on it, will be reputable stores for me from now on.

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 pm

eBay reversed their decision thankfully.
Now to wait for it to come through :-)

Return to General Discussion