October Hauls

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Gestalt

Re: October Hauls

Postby [omega] » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Thank you oldschool78
Arived safe and sound :D

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:17 am

Combiner wars Optimus Prime (which I'm contemplating getting the SND upgrade kit for) and MP Hot Rod

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:21 am

Ha Jazz and Baracade, Jazz is just a awsome toy he transforms nicely except his hands lol there anoying to get out of the door, Baracade is just a amazing toy, as normal i faced a issue that i always face when geting new toys like these, it makes me wish the toys that are comeing out today where like these ones

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Heroic Autobot

Postby NZHC » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Thatotherguy wrote:Combiner wars Optimus Prime (which I'm contemplating getting the SND upgrade kit for) and MP Hot Rod

Very nice Hot rod , Did you go for the official or the KO?

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:16 am

NZHC wrote: Very nice Hot rod , Did you go for the official or the KO?

Went official. Did try go for one of the cheaper ebay listings, but got burnt by a trusted seller gone rouge.

Heroic Autobot

Postby NZHC » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Sometimes you just need that space choo choo!

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:33 am

Added PM Prime and Chromedome to my mini display at work. Looking forward to adding Twinferno when wave 3 hit

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:43 am

First purchase in a while - TR Astrotrain. Men this badboy is the best triple mode for astrotrain so far.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:26 pm

More Masterpieces, though I am not sure about Beast Wars Convoy yet (need Megatron I think)

Pretender

Postby Vestra » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:30 pm

Ooooo Ramjet. Man those coneheads are going to cost a pretty penny once I get around to grabbing them.
Looking for various MP figures, swing me a pm if you have any for sale gentlemen.

Gestalt

Postby IronhideTFX » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 pm

Back from Japan.

What an absolutely amazing place.
Osaka, Tokyo, just amazing.

So many shops with G1 boxed items, and stuff i have never seen.

Came back with:

Kabaya Fortress Maximus Metallic Edition Gum Kit (Holy crap this is amazing)
MP G2 Sideswipe
MP G2 Bumblebee
MP Anime Red Alert
MP Sideswipe (Only had a KO)

Could have gotten so many more, but not enough bag space.
Already planning my next trip back. Such an amazing place. The people are so friendly, polite and helpful.

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:36 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

- Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition - I try to keep the non-toy photos down, but thought this one deserved a mention because it nearly broke my wrists lifting it. ;) A compilation of the first 10 years of the comic series. I've never read it before, so it should be entertaining. Always did like his guest appearances on the various Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle series.

- 1/35 Mechataro WeGo 01 "red and yellow" - yellow pictured. Bought purely because of the awesome box cover illustration by Keiichi Arawi. The mechs are fun too if rather difficult to put together due to the very-very small parts.

- Legends Shockwave and Cancer (it's better to think crab rather than the disease). Very nice paint apps on both, but considering Shockwave isn't designed to work with the Titan Return headmasters, his pairing up with the Junior Headmaster is very unconvincing indeed.

- Unique Toys Palm Collection Tom and Jerry - I'm assuming it's Tom the wolf and Jerry the car. Not as detailed as DX9 or Iron Factory, but a most valiant effort indeed. Even has wee little headmasters with cockpits they can ride in vehicle mode. Tom wins hands down as the best designed of the pairing, Jerry's a bit blocky. Clever use of the hollows in the robot mode legs for weapon storage when you don't want them out. Main mark against these are the fact the robot heads can only be set at 90 degree angles.

- Tomica Hyper series Blue Interceptor - best way to summarise this is think: Armada Overload. Weapons and limbs can be swapped around with other bots and support vehicles in the series. Very well articulated except for the head, which is fixed forwards.

- Iron Factory Pink Assassin - Very nice interpretation of Aye-Dee-Dabyu Arcee. About half the size of DX9's WIP version, so she's very small but that by no means is a disadvantage. The back of the vehicle mode still looks a bit silly with the visible legs, but hey.

- Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Myrmidon Warrior - Also got a bio-blue blank male and female figure as well. Saw these action figs on BBTS a while back and wanted to give them a test. Quite nice, but the accessories are all rubbery and a right pain to work with. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to stare at this while thinking of the phrase "Into the wonderful" being murmured over and over...

- Kotobukiya Gigantic Arms Powered Guardian - Technically two sets. A crawler tank and machinegun hovercraft merged into a heavily armed frame that can be ridden by things like Frame Arms, any 1/12 scale action fig or even something like the 1/144 Guncannon above. Love the Demolisher fingers.

IronhideTFX wrote:Kabaya Fortress Maximus Metallic Edition Gum Kit (Holy crap this is amazing)

Definitely worth it. The sheer number of gimmicks they managed to cram into this thing is sweet.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

Previous

Return to General Discussion