Collecting and death

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

Collecting and death

Postby omegaprime » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:49 pm

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/n ... d.1089255/

This thread right here and what has happend, well its made me think.

We are all collectors but at the end of the day we are not immortal, this might sound crazy but i want you all to think about this for a moment who would you want selling your collection for you when you pass away , Im not sure who i would want to myself but i know i dont want whats happened here happening to my collection.

So ive been thinking about this all day long and still dont completely know what to do myself, i do want my family to pick what they want, then i would like them to be sold on, what are your thoughts.

Gestalt

Re: Collecting and death

Postby kevman12 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:39 am

omegaprime wrote:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/new-here-and-look-what-ive-found.1089255/

We are all collectors but at the end of the day we are not immortal, this might sound crazy but i want you all to think about this for a moment who would you want selling your collection for you when you pass away , Im not sure who i would want to myself but i know i dont want whats happened here happening to my collection.

So ive been thinking about this all day long and still dont completely know what to do myself, i do want my family to pick what they want, then i would like them to be sold on, what are your thoughts.

Note:

Step 1 - Get your Will
Step 2 - Under executor and power of ownership write in: kevman
Step 3 - Covered

Win - Win

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:02 pm

I dunno, my family could do whatever they like really. I have nothing of great value or worth and the only person who sees any value in the things I own is me, all my stuff is really completely valueless to anyone in my family. Other than my guitars, TV, xbox, etc. Things other people would use.

My collection would likely just end up donated somewhere or hanging round for kids to play with. I suppose if I died what I own is really all my family have of me to hold onto.

But in the end, they have to do with it whatever feels right to them. :)
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Pretender

Postby MAULER666 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:12 pm

My kids have already ear marked which G1/2 pieces they would hold onto when I go. The actual bots I had as a kid they know have great sentimental value
as they were given to me by my Mum over 20yrs ago. The rest they can sell with impunity knowing I wont be doing a roll over beethoven in my new dirt digs lol.
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:11 pm

I hope my family would sell everything and put the money into a trust for younger family members. It's just mass produced plastic at the end of the day.

Return to General Discussion