A controversial topic...

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Headmaster City

Re: A controversial topic...

Postby loismustdye » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:42 pm

I dont have an opinion on the flag, i would rarher the government out that $$ into lunch for kids at school, something of more importance than a bloody flag.

As for the TPPA, it needs to be open, signing potentially our rights away to fllog off some more milk is BS, if tim groser and co were so sure of it they need to open it up for the terms to be examined by those it will effect.... Us.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 pm

Yeah, the money used for the flag could've been used for something with a more meaningful contirbution to society.

The TPPA stuff, I feel that if the National government are trying very hard to keep it secret, then we need to know what it's about.
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

Headmaster City

Postby Old_Timer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:30 am

I'm not opposed to a flag change if it's a half decent one. People harping on about soldiers fighting for the flag and what not bother me more than the possibility of a flag change. It's going to happen at some point, and I think the referendum needs to happen sooner rather than later... for the simple fact that it is only going to increase in cost as time goes on. Once the referendum has happened then it can be put to an end once and for all.

TPPA... yep... needs to be more open. Not opposed to free trade in theory but if it really is about corporate issues then it should be stopped. However... I'm not so sure people know what they are talking about, and most of the opposition is just people jumping on the bandwagon. Yes there are people who are opposed who do know what they are talking about... but something that I've been wondering about in the past couple of days is the proposal to add GST to online purchases. If the corporates will be able to sue the pants off the NZ govt for infringing on their business practices and their ability to make money... wouldn't that GST proposal becoming a reality be a mistake for the NZ govt? I mean... forcing people to buy locally (or limiting what they can get for their money online) goes against the whole idea of a free trade agreement doesn't it?
Durka Durka Durka!! Mohammed Jihad!!!!

No.of TF's in collection:32 (just a beginner)
Fave quote: You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without falling over.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Trump won, this is going to be a intreasting few years.

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:24 am

I honestly hope that we're all proven wrong and he becomes one of the best presidents in recent years. Or he gets removed from office before he can cause too much damage.

I understand his opposition wasn't the best choice either, so I hope this is the wakeup call America needed.
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Monkey222 wrote:I honestly hope that we're all proven wrong and he becomes one of the best presidents in recent years. Or he gets removed from office before he can cause too much damage.

I understand his opposition wasn't the best choice either, so I hope this is the wakeup call America needed.

Giant douche vs turd sandwich? :lol:

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:46 am

Mr garrison for the win!
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Trump's VP has me even more worried.
I struggle with USA. In many ways they are the world leaders that smaller countries look to for inspiration. But their attitudes towards races, cultures, religious belief and gender identity and sexual identity are medieval. It's the 21st century, let go of the hate.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Itll be an interesting few years.

America was on the decline in the super power market anyway, this will definitely get them out of the game for awhile.

China will definitely take the opportunity to grow and run with that.
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Previous

Return to General Discussion