A controversial topic...

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

Re: A controversial topic...

Postby omegaprime » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Heres one some one brakes a toy in your collection do you think they should replace or give you the money to replace said toy or just let it slide for arguments sake lets trow in two thing 1 being a mp or the other being a legends toy.

For me if i brake something in someone collection i excpect to replace it be it 5c or 200$ one will just take longer then the other lol. Hense why if im not sure ill ask the person to show me how that part moves.

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:15 am

I'm draggin this topic up because I quite enjoy debates.

One of the biggest issues floating around on the internet today is feminism. Should it be called equalism? Do men have it as bad as women?

What do you think?
Last edited by Monkey222 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

Micromaster

Postby Xaaron » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:38 am

feminism is not the same as it was 20 years ago i agree woman can do anything a man can do and they should be paid the same BUT i have read recently some things on feminism and it's grown ridiculous

last week in America a self proclaimed feminist woman aborted her perfectly healthy child because he was a boy that to me is man hate not feminism
also reading articles about feminism they seem more like they want to make men the lower classed or subhuman i don't see equalism in that!
“I don't know whether to thank him or tear his head off!”
—Impactor on Xaaron's "methods"

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:09 am

Xaaron wrote:feminism is not the same as it was 20 years ago i agree woman can do anything a man can do and they should be paid the same BUT i have read recently some things on feminism and it's grown ridiculous

last week in America a self proclaimed feminist woman aborted her perfectly healthy child because he was a boy that to me is man hate not feminism
also reading articles about feminism they seem more like they want to make men the lower classed or subhuman i don't see equalism in that!

I agree that that is ridiculous, but painting feminism with the same brush as this lunatic is wrong. Extremists should not be used as examples of the community.

Example: ISIS should not be chosen to represent Islam, the KKK should not be representatives of Christianity, and extreme feminists who do indeed want men to be put in an inferior role shouldn't be examples of feminism.

Feminism is fighting so that when a woman is sexually abused, she's not asked condescending questions like "were you showing any skin whilst you were walking?"

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Yeah the balance is off now with that e.g

My sister 6 foot tall 90kg can easily beat up most men I know and I just dont mean easily I mean 1 hit kos.
But put a male in her shoes he will get a much much harsher punishment.

Though in the early 2000s I noticed men where winning more custody battles compared to before hand so theres that

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:26 am

I'm a firm believer in equality across all genders, races, sexualities etc.

However there is a growing trend online of "feminists" (specifically in places like Tumblr) where it's devolved from wanting to be treated equal to men, to outright bigotry and hatred. I fear the feminist movement will be destroyed by this sort of in-fighting and bizarro extremists using the word to mask their ignorant views. These people need to be clearly defined as not-speaking-for-the-majority, as feminism should be empowering to ones self, not degrading to others.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Starscream NZ wrote:I'm a firm believer in equality across all genders, races, sexualities etc.

However there is a growing trend online of "feminists" (specifically in places like Tumblr) where it's devolved from wanting to be treated equal to men, to outright bigotry and hatred. I fear the feminist movement will be destroyed by this sort of in-fighting and bizarro extremists using the word to mask their ignorant views. These people need to be clearly defined as not-speaking-for-the-majority, as feminism should be empowering to ones self, not degrading to others.

Feminsim for me was always man hateing intill I meet a really nice woman that had a different point of view then what I had came across the extremists do alot of damage to there movement, besides a few laws and the older generation im sure where at a stage where people consider everyone equal, there just a small percentage that stick out because there to vocal

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:36 pm

omegaprime wrote:extremists do alot of damage to there movement, besides a few laws and the older generation im sure where at a stage where people consider everyone equal, there just a small percentage that stick out because there to vocal

That's the big issue with most movements nowadays. The extremists doing stupid things get the attention and have their views broadcast, while the people who are trying to do the right thing for the movement are ignored and lumped into the same category as the extremists.

Micromaster

Postby ohmic12 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:18 am

Monkey222 wrote:I'm draggin this topic up because I quite enjoy debates.

One of the biggest issues floating around on the internet today is feminism. Should it be called equalism? Do men have it as bad as women?

What do you think?

Came across on YouTube with a guy called sandman and about how a lot of men are going mgtow (male going their own way) some very interesting topics and comments section is a crack up, some sound like they have burnt by women in the past and blame feminism

Guess it depends on which country you are in since we have a ministry of women's affair here but no men's one,
-women only gyms but yet if a male only one existed there would be feminist protesting about,
-over in aussie my cousin worked in a women's refuge and she had a guy ring up asking for help because he was getting abused from his gf but couldn't find any men's refuge and she couldn't help
-I think it was in America if a married guy wants to get a vasectomy he has to get the wife's permission otherwise the doctor will not perform the operation
- there was a chemistry dept in the UK that put a quota in for so many women to be in the course and later on they had to shut it down as most women would change to a different subjects so they weren't graduating enough students to balance the operating cost

In case anyone wants a look
https://m.youtube.com/user/SandmanMGTOW

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:32 pm

ohmic12 wrote:Came across on YouTube with a guy called sandman and about how a lot of men are going mgtow (male going their own way) some very interesting topics and comments section is a crack up, some sound like they have burnt by women in the past and blame feminism

Guess it depends on which country you are in since we have a ministry of women's affair here but no men's one,
-women only gyms but yet if a male only one existed there would be feminist protesting about,
-over in aussie my cousin worked in a women's refuge and she had a guy ring up asking for help because he was getting abused from his gf but couldn't find any men's refuge and she couldn't help
-I think it was in America if a married guy wants to get a vasectomy he has to get the wife's permission otherwise the doctor will not perform the operation
- there was a chemistry dept in the UK that put a quota in for so many women to be in the course and later on they had to shut it down as most women would change to a different subjects so they weren't graduating enough students to balance the operating cost

In case anyone wants a look
https://m.youtube.com/user/SandmanMGTOW

You raise some good points, but they point to the necessity of feminism as well.

If women felt more comfortable in a mixed-gender gym, they'd use them. But women are often ogled and objectified in gyms by men.

The women's refuge turning someone away because they were male is very sad, but also points to the need for feminism. Men are supposed to be tough, not get beaten up by women, not show emotion etc. It wasn't women who said that.
The vasectomy thing is just stupid. I don't understand how that can be justified.
The quota thing was being abused. It does make sense to bring in a certain number of women to encourage more women to get into professional sciences, but I feel letting women in easily, then changing subjects was them exploiting a loophole that the university failed to close.

That Sandman guy does not know what he is talking about. He uses "Man-hating culture" as a term for "being turned down by someone who doesn't find you attractive"

EDIT:
The world is learning what our ancestors knew for thousands of years: empowering women is like giving F'd up little children loaded guns. Nobody wants to be around them. Nobody feels safe around them. They have no control over their emotions, feel no accountability for anything they say or do, and just use the gun you gave them recklessly to try and enforce whatever whim they have at the moment.

I guess certain lessons have to be relearned by humanity over and over.

Some person (because I can't swear on the forums) kindly left this message on Youtube. I just can't fathom the ignorance in this comment.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:37 am

Of tfw how you show the ugly side...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... fan-9.html

Headmaster

Postby Devcon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 am

omegaprime wrote:Of tfw how you show the ugly side...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... fan-9.html

LOL - now thats just sad :( :lol: :lol: :lol:
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:46 am

Good old TFW boards. Alot of BS gets flung around there. Every 100 posts the same argument comes back up and all the same stuff gets said.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:12 pm

So I got into a argument with a feminist on facebook and her only comeback was I was a male... which in the end lead to pming on facebook which lead me to point out how horrible she was being to me just because I was male.
Normally when I get into these things I have my say and leave then count my likes.

But onto another topic

Why is it seen that my generation is seen as lazy even if we give it our all?

I would say our but there is normally a wide variety of generations on boards

Faction Leader

Postby Monkey222 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:40 am

omegaprime wrote:So I got into a argument with a feminist on facebook and her only comeback was I was a male... which in the end lead to pming on facebook which lead me to point out how horrible she was being to me just because I was male.
Normally when I get into these things I have my say and leave then count my likes.

But onto another topic

Why is it seen that my generation is seen as lazy even if we give it our all?

I would say our but there is normally a wide variety of generations on boards

It;s usually because of the job market. A lot of younger people are having difficulty finding jobs because the previous generation aren't leaving them, as well as population expansion.

We're seen as lazy because we don't do anything, because we don't have jobs.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion