GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

Re: GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Postby omegaprime » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Hard day of work cleaning the house, even got the paths cleaned off now there no longer gungey, managed to avoid bread for 3 days now so my new diet is going well, john key resigned, got to clean up one of my older transformer shelfs and found i really do love the toys from transformers cybertron, all the presents are wraped up so thats out of the way, yup all in all a good day :D

Oh the trailer for transformers the last knight hits tommorw so something to look forward to.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:40 pm

My sons last shareing day today for the year so, i said i would bring in a special toy if he was good all year long, well he did very well so i brought in Fortressmaximus, needless to say the kids absaloutly lost it, the where gob smaked, perants where asking me where i got him from told them to go to mightyape :D

Well he got home and Fortmax was all they where talking about all day, he asked if next year i would bring something, i will bring tryptacon next year lol he should be out by the end of next year lol.

Gestalt

Postby Windbreaker » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:30 pm

omegaprime wrote:My sons last shareing day today for the year so, i said i would bring in a special toy if he was good all year long, well he did very well so i brought in Fortressmaximus, needless to say the kids absaloutly lost it, the where gob smaked, perants where asking me where i got him from told them to go to mightyape :D

Well he got home and Fortmax was all they where talking about all day, he asked if next year i would bring something, i will bring tryptacon next year lol he should be out by the end of next year lol.

This story really brought a smile to my dial :D

I remember brining in my Tracy Island for show and tell when I was in primary school. I can't recall what sort of reaction it got, but I do remember demonstrating it's play features and being very protective of it; my mum was on-hand to promptly take it and my Thunderbirds home after show and tell. Future collector in the making I guess :lol:

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:38 pm

For me it was Dino-Riders Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Haven't thought about that toy in ages.... now I want to get one again. Off to trade me...
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Gestalt

Postby Windbreaker » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:44 pm

I always have to Google Dino-Riders whenever it comes up and every time I see the images of the toys again I can totally relate to how those school kids seeing For Max felt. That is one sweet ride.

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Spike wrote:For me it was Dino-Riders Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Haven't thought about that toy in ages.... now I want to get one again. Off to trade me...

Mine came off trademe! I remember a kid in my class having the battery operated triceratops. At the time i think it was the coolest thing i had seen. Well outside the displays at the toy warehouse anyway :lol:

Pretender

Postby MAULER666 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Christmas gift shopping DONE n DUSTED whew what a mish man!
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight

Pretender

Postby MAULER666 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:17 am

I just jumped rank to "Pretender" yaaaay, trivial happy stuff!!
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Just had a lightbulb moment. For a while now I've been wondering why TFs have been coming with a very specifically placed hexagonal or round hole on the back of their waist blocks.

In a moment like that guy with the pen and .... no, no, forget it let's not even go there. I now realise these are 3mm peg holes used to connect to those Gundam action display stands with the 3mm pegs so you can display your TF in cool dynamic poses.

All three of the TR/Legends deluxes that I've purchased this month have these peg holes. Highbrow in particular has an extra one on the front landing gear cover to enable his helictoper mode to be displayed in flight. A lot of CW bots have them too, and I think the odd bot from even earlier back may have had these.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:34 pm

They started coming though with classics waspanator

Heroic Autobot

Postby Thatotherguy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Finishing up at work for the year (a day early :D ) and getting to enjoy a windless afternoon in the sun ( a rarity in Palmerston North).

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Getting my mark for my part time study in Uni and getting an A+. Not bad for a high school drop out !!!

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:57 pm

discovered if i do not use my phone for internet and turn wifi and data off in a 24 hour period it only drops 4%

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Our cat came home tonight after having been missing for just over a week, needless to say a happy household again.... once she stops meowing constantly (it's as if she's making up for being lost for a week).

# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Headmaster City

Postby Old_Timer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:09 am

loismustdye wrote:Our cat came home tonight after having been missing for just over a week, needless to say a happy household again.... once she stops meowing constantly (it's as if she's making up for being lost for a week).

Yay!!!
Durka Durka Durka!! Mohammed Jihad!!!!

No.of TF's in collection:32 (just a beginner)
Fave quote: You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without falling over.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion