GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Re: GOOD TIMES - The Happy Thread!

Postby Zippo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 am

5 day weekend, including a road trip and a birthday

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Road trip status - awesome.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Just used PartPay to purchase something from the Warehouse

Its like layby - pay a quarter now and a quarter each fortnight (4 payments, over 8 weeks)
While I could have paid everything now, this way allows me to manage my overspending tendencies

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:15 pm

House sold, debts paid, contract for land signed, and a new job offer. December has quickly turned from a nightmare to an absolute dream

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:43 pm

An awesome wife, ordered me the Death Star LEGO set for Xmas, now I’m gonna struggle to compete with that..... (A)
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:38 pm

My friends reaction when he realised I did not have a microwave, the shock on his face when I said I hadn't used one in ten years lol.

So I showed him how to make pop corn without a microwave, he said it was like watching a cave man work lol

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:56 pm

omegaprime wrote:My friends reaction when he realised I did not have a microwave, the shock on his face when I said I hadn't used one in ten years lol.

So I showed him how to make pop corn without a microwave, he said it was like watching a cave man work lol

I haven't had a microwave in over 10 years either - they're useless items for the home! (at work is a different story).

If your friend didn't know how to cook popcorn on the stove.. I worry for your friend's intelligence haha
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Heroic Autobot

Postby NZHC » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:15 pm

I got emails from when I got a PM on here today. Can't remember exactly were we were talking about it but it's fixed now.

Also thanks to Mr Ash for the hook up on a bot I have been looking for at retail for over half a year!

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:59 pm

omegaprime wrote:My friends reaction when he realised I did not have a microwave, the shock on his face when I said I hadn't used one in ten years lol.

Haha! We bought one when we bought our house... i think in over a year ive only used it to soften butter :lol:

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 am

One good thing about getting sick and spending the entirety of my break recovering was the chance to marathon my way through the DVD box sets of Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

This being my first chance to watch through Korra, I felt the epilogue at the end of Book 4: Balance didn't do justice to this otherwise fantastic series. With so many interesting side characters and story threads introduced by that point I felt it needed a bit more closure. But then again that might have been deliberate.

Either way, in addition to the conclusion of Samurai Jack that I had mentioned previously, having the chance to spend time with several compelling high quality animations wasn't a bad way to convalesce.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Booked flights and accommodation using my Expedia "Gold" status for a small road trip to Wellington/Napier and the surrounding in-betweens for the end of Feb.

Probably would have been cheaper to go to Australia, but I've always wanted to head to Napier ...

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:39 am

Found a bunch of old Star Wars toys from my childhood in a draw when cleaning out the house. No attachment to them so popped them on trademe for $1 reserve cause I just wanted to get rid of them. The auction has rocketed way higher than I ever expected it to, which is great news cause my budget now has room for Gcreations Prowl :D

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 am

Thatotherguy wrote:Found a bunch of old Star Wars toys from my childhood in a draw when cleaning out the house. No attachment to them so popped them on trademe for $1 reserve cause I just wanted to get rid of them. The auction has rocketed way higher than I ever expected it to, which is great news cause my budget now has room for Gcreations Prowl :D

Man, Rebel looks incredible. Make sure you post pics when you get it!

Good times for me: last night before falling asleep I was suddenly reminded of an old DOS game I played and loved in my youth called Veil of Darkness. Then this morning I suddenly remember Risky Woods. Both games I haven't thought about in maybe about 10 years or more. Made me very nostalgic, but happy as there were a lot of good memories attached to those games.

Another "good times" feel is that I should have my FT Phoenix next week. Finally! Put it off for ages then it's pricetag forced me to wait. Once I get an MP CJ I'm done. Half tempted to get ACES Tumbler as none of the offerings so far really standout. MMC's is too toon proportioned and XTB's won't come out in my lifetime. Maybe Takara will surprise us but then again, I'm not too keen on paying $150 for a mini-bot of a character I am not particularly fond of (always thought CJ was a dick for being mean to Mirage).

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Doing Beerfest with dad and my eldest brother, was another great year of it.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 pm

Got conned by a mate to do a 5k run on the weekend, so no training whatsoever and never having run anywhere close to that before (longest I had ever done was 2.8k run/walk on the treadmill), managed to do it in a few minutes over 30, didn’t think it was too bad for a fat old bastard who has always hated running.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion