Trivial Irritations Thread

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Princess

Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Mr_Ash » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Stole this idea off a forum my gf visits, seemed amusing so thought I'd give it a shot.. here I start with a couple:

*People leaving teabags in the sink -put it in the god damn bin!

*People who do not walk on escalators - they're moving stairs, you're not supppose to just stand there fatass!!!!

Come on guys, have a vent :D
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Autobot Commander

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Gravitron » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 am

Mr_Ash wrote:Stole this idea off a forum my gf visits, seemed amusing so thought I'd give it a shot.. here I start with a couple:

*People who do not walk on escalators - they're moving stairs, you're not supppose to just stand there fatass!!!!

100% agree with both of those.
LOL, there's even a recent NZ rock song about not standing on the escalator, the band/song name escapes me.

A pet peeve of mine is when people don't rinse out the coffee cups/dishes after they use them, leaving any residue to bake on.
Items for sale on TradeMe, check them out.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1153143
Hang out with me on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterGravitron

Headmaster City

Postby groverboy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 am

Mr_Ash wrote:

Have you ever been on the underground? On the escalators there they have signs that explain the rule. YOu stand on the (one side, I can't remember which one), and if you want to walk then you go on the other side. Everyone follows the rule, and it's aces.

Sometimes I want to walk, sometimes I want to stand.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:10 am

Ooo i got a similar one, but its the moving walkway or "automated people mover" according to wikipedia. I mean these things don't even have steps, why the crap is everyone standing there?! Its a gentle incline ffs!! *exploding head smiley"

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:50 am

OK

When you're driving people and they suddenly realise they have something to do before you leave. Especially when they've been sitting around for hours doing nothing.

People in the supermarket who park their trolly in the most blatantly stupid place and then sit there for 10 minutes trying to decide what they want all the while being completely oblivious to the fact that you want to grab one item off the shelf in front of them

People who stop in the middle of the road for no reason, don't look and then decide to continue driving.

people that leave the cap on the toothpaste open after using it.

not filling the ice tray. wtf is an empty ice-tray doing in the freezer!? chilling!?

Also when you get up, and realise you need a shower, and breakfast, and FFS I did those things yesterday already!!!

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Faction Leader

Postby Oldschool78 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 am

People your following on the highway that decide to speed up at the overtaking lane, even though they are holding the traffic up, and slow right back down again after the lane.

Boy Racers, Dirtbikes and dickheads that like spinning their wheels on gravel

Goverment Departments, Paying Gst, Taxes, ACC and watching them throw it away on DPB and solos with 10 kids

Bad, mad and overweight parents raising bad, mad overweight kids

No Waves

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:06 am

Parents who take their kids into shops and then let the little bastards run rampant. Shop Staff are not a babysitting service.

Unattended children should be given an espresso and a free puppy.
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 am

Toy stores that have transformer posters and sighns plastered on every inch of every wall and only have 5 transformer toys in there selection

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Headmaster City

Postby Old_Timer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:48 pm

groverboy wrote:
Mr_Ash wrote:

Have you ever been on the underground? On the escalators there they have signs that explain the rule. YOu stand on the (one side, I can't remember which one), and if you want to walk then you go on the other side. Everyone follows the rule, and it's aces.

Sometimes I want to walk, sometimes I want to stand.

That's the general rule in Japan... just no signs for it... and it gets a little confusing... if you're in Tokyo you stand on the left, but if you're in Osaka you stand on the right... but I'm not overly annoyed about standing behind some cute Japanese girl on an escalator anyway :lol:
Durka Durka Durka!! Mohammed Jihad!!!!

No.of TF's in collection:32 (just a beginner)
Fave quote: You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without falling over.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Jetfirerussell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Old people driving as slow as a normal persons walking pace. Old people and their lack of driving skill/knowledge and road rules.

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Mr_Ash wrote:Stole this idea off a forum my gf visits, seemed amusing so thought I'd give it a shot.. here I start with a couple:

oh man Im both those people :D i remember my mum use to get so pissed off with me with those TeaBags LOL
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Old_Timer wrote:but I'm not overly annoyed about standing behind some cute Japanese girl on an escalator anyway :lol:

pics or it didn't happen :D

green dragoon wrote:

oh man Im both those people :D i remember my mum use to get so pissed off with me with those TeaBags LOL

That makes you a very bad, bad person!
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:00 pm

I work at the airport so I see thousands of people a day so I have a few pet peeves.

1. Cueing.... Just because there is a line doesnt mean you have to join the end.
2 Cueing continued .... If you're gonna stand in the longest line and there is a line with 2 people and you dont go to that line then just wait dumbass
3 Cueing continued ...... People jumping the line, get to the back.
4 Cueing continued ...... Everybody is lining up for something and some jackass thinks they can just mosey on down the side. get to the back
5 cueing lastly ...... go cue somewhere else I'm lazy.

Headmaster City

Postby Old_Timer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Mr_Ash wrote:
Old_Timer wrote:but I'm not overly annoyed about standing behind some cute Japanese girl on an escalator anyway :lol:

pics or it didn't happen :D

Hey give it a chance... I'm not there until May 10th... but... with experiences from time spent in Japan previously... I know it'll happen again!! :wink:

Not too sure a camera wont look dodgy as though!!

Headmaster City

Postby Old_Timer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Cellphones at the cinema!! :x

Next

Return to General Discussion