Trivial Irritations Thread

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Decepticon Warlord

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby NKF » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 pm

The recent Firefox update with the change to the radial loading symbol doohicky thing you see when it's loading pages.

The axis has been changed to make it look 3 dimensional. Now it just looks like a silly dot jumping left and right. I mean, why? It was fit for purpose and in 2D it has that strange hypnotic quality to it where you might catch yourself following the circular motions. Oh well. At least Chrome hasn't followed suit.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Being a silly goose and looking at the Fansproject Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales on their website, resulting in buying a bunch of figures based on my strange desire to acquire examples from the first Third Party toy company (as they seem to be on pretty close to becoming non-existent).

Not necessarily a bad thing. Bought a few things I have been casually curious about for the last few years (like their Deluxe Insecticon 3 pack).
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Mr_Ash wrote:Being a silly goose and looking at the Fansproject Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales on their website, resulting in buying a bunch of figures based on my strange desire to acquire examples from the first Third Party toy company (as they seem to be on pretty close to becoming non-existent).

Not necessarily a bad thing. Bought a few things I have been casually curious about for the last few years (like their Deluxe Insecticon 3 pack).

fansproject menasor is still one of my favorite sets.
I was so tempted to buy another set.
Specifically diesel.
Insecticon 3 pack.....I thought about that for a long time and still haven't made up my mind on them.
A long time on the fence I know.

Fans toys Insecticons hasn't got me by the toes either. :roll: picky aren't I :D

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:35 am

Mr_Ash wrote:Being a silly goose and looking at the Fansproject Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales on their website, resulting in buying a bunch of figures based on my strange desire to acquire examples from the first Third Party toy company (as they seem to be on pretty close to becoming non-existent).

I ordered their Dai Z out of pure impulse. Never had any interest in it before, but suddenly just thought the concept and design was really cool.
Thankfully that was the only Black Friday deal that sucked me in :lol:

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:06 am

I quite rate the Fansproject insecticons and do recommend them. However I find it is very hard to associate them with the characters they are based on, so I just see them as awesome standalone ninja robots with insectoid alternate forms. But that's me. You'll definitely get something to like out of them.

It does sound sad Fansproject are on a decline. At least they were amongst the forerunners that set the ball rolling for quality 3p products.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:36 pm

NKF wrote:I quite rate the Fansproject insecticons and do recommend them. However I find it is very hard to associate them with the characters they are based on, so I just see them as awesome standalone ninja robots with insectoid alternate forms. But that's me. You'll definitely get something to like out of them.

It does sound sad Fansproject are on a decline. At least they were amongst the forerunners that set the ball rolling for quality 3p products.

- NKF

I was never fond of their Ninja themed Insections, but once they were redecoed and retooled into 3/4 of the Deluxe Insecticons, the style was a much better fit for more.

I find it interesting that the first Third Party Tf Company is also currently the only one to have ever released any Original IP products to date (Steel Core, and The Retro Future / Glacialord bots). The Retro Future bots are such a love letter set to 80s robot designs, and Steel Core is still and awesome contemporary figure.

Thatotherguy wrote:I ordered their Dai Z out of pure impulse. Never had any interest in it before, but suddenly just thought the concept and design was really cool.
Thankfully that was the only Black Friday deal that sucked me in :lol:

Dai Z (aka Dai Atlas) was one of the purchases I made this weekend. I already have the Trianix Alpha Version,and it is a fun set. Dai Z has the advantage of additional accesories and a combined vehicle mode.

[omega] wrote:fansproject menasor is still one of my favorite sets.
Specifically diesel.

That has always been a very good looking set of Stunticons. Not for me though, but nice to watch from a distance.
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:24 pm

[omega] wrote:

fansproject menasor is still one of my favorite sets.
Specifically diesel.
Insecticon 3 pack.....I thought about that for a long time and still haven't made up my mind on them.
A long time on the fence I know.

Fans toys Insecticons hasn't got me by the toes either. :roll: picky aren't I :D

Oh man, the fanstoys insecticons are my favorite third party set. Not fanstoys set, all third party. They took out feral Rex and the dinobots
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:35 pm

My brother not having a job and the winz stand down it means i cant be paid his share of things intill he gets back paid, which is a pain...i suppose it just means waiting

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 pm

I have hit a wall in my weight lifting one that i cant seem to find a way around, i use these two 20kg plates and two 5 kg plates on the weights and to make 50kg i do this with my bicep curl and all my other work outs, i find it cheaper to own my own weights and go for a run, now the wall ive hit is i cant seem to find a way to get past the 50 kg mark because the part where the weight attachs to wont allow and more weight, it runs out of room.

so the only way around this is finding a gym who carries a weight above 50 kg which ive had no luck infact they dont have over 40 lol, or i find a store that sells the weights i need to keep moving forward

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:00 pm

I know it's repetitive but still no notifications via email unless you log in to TFNZ.

Thank you Zippo for the heads up pm on your thread.
Cheers for that.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:12 pm

The PM/email issue may be fixed from roughly midday 4th December
I have received 2 PMs since then, and received two emails.

Some reports of success/failure would be nice

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 pm

I got one today.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Zippo wrote:The PM/email issue may be fixed from roughly midday 4th December
I have received 2 PMs since then, and received two emails.

Some reports of success/failure would be nice

Worked for me too.... 2 PM’s, 2 emails!

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 am

so he didnt get back paid, which means he is having to pay me off slowly each week, which ate my savings, at least things are back to normal from here, i would not of beleaved him if i had not gone in there with him...

sigh and now i have to worry about Christmas, at least i got sons presents done and the nephews done.

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Alas, my smartphone is dead. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I think the master boot record or whatever file system android phones use has become corrupted. Basically it can no longer find the operating system.

It has served me well for a good numbers of years, so perhaps it's a good time to retire it and move on.

The trivial irritation here is that I will be experiencing the condition known as FOMO (fear of missing out) for the next couple of weeks as I won't be able to check my e-mails or scan updates on forums like this while I'm on the go. Plus everything else that follows with switching to a new device.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion