It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:36 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Page 307 of 313 [ 4691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 313  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trivial Irritations Thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:32 pm 
Pretender

Getting asked questions on Trademe listings that could easily and quickly be answered by google (as that's what I often use to find the answer for them).

Questions specific to the item I'm selling are fine, but when it's a general sort of question surely it isn't too hard to do your own research. I mean, that's how I see it when I'm a buyer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:11 pm 
TFNZ Administrator

Thatotherguy wrote:
Getting asked questions on Trademe listings that could easily and quickly be answered by google (as that's what I often use to find the answer for them).

Questions specific to the item I'm selling are fine, but when it's a general sort of question surely it isn't too hard to do your own research. I mean, that's how I see it when I'm a buyer

My pet peeve is "how tall is it"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:19 pm 
TFNZ Administrator

Another phone misadventure

My SIM card tray got stuck in the phone, no local phone repairers would look at it
So I took a gamble and yanked.
Part of the SIM card tray is now stuck in my phone

However a little wiggling and it was put into its location so the rest of the tray can fit around it, meaning I can still use the phone.

I hate 2017 for phone issues

1 dead phone, 2 broken phones (though both functional)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm 
TFNZ News Crew

feeling under the weather, its not fun at all, well at least i dont have my son this weekend so i dont have to worry about him getting sick as well, lots of water and lots of rest for me, i hate being sick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 pm 
Decepticon Warlord

The recent Firefox update with the change to the radial loading symbol doohicky thing you see when it's loading pages.

The axis has been changed to make it look 3 dimensional. Now it just looks like a silly dot jumping left and right. I mean, why? It was fit for purpose and in 2D it has that strange hypnotic quality to it where you might catch yourself following the circular motions. Oh well. At least Chrome hasn't followed suit.

- NKF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:24 pm 
TFNZ Princess

Being a silly goose and looking at the Fansproject Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales on their website, resulting in buying a bunch of figures based on my strange desire to acquire examples from the first Third Party toy company (as they seem to be on pretty close to becoming non-existent).

Not necessarily a bad thing. Bought a few things I have been casually curious about for the last few years (like their Deluxe Insecticon 3 pack).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm 
Faction Leader

Mr_Ash wrote:
Being a silly goose and looking at the Fansproject Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales on their website, resulting in buying a bunch of figures based on my strange desire to acquire examples from the first Third Party toy company (as they seem to be on pretty close to becoming non-existent).

Not necessarily a bad thing. Bought a few things I have been casually curious about for the last few years (like their Deluxe Insecticon 3 pack).

fansproject menasor is still one of my favorite sets.
I was so tempted to buy another set.
Specifically diesel.
Insecticon 3 pack.....I thought about that for a long time and still haven't made up my mind on them.
A long time on the fence I know.

Fans toys Insecticons hasn't got me by the toes either. :roll: picky aren't I :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:35 am 
Pretender

Mr_Ash wrote:

I ordered their Dai Z out of pure impulse. Never had any interest in it before, but suddenly just thought the concept and design was really cool.
Thankfully that was the only Black Friday deal that sucked me in :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:06 am 
Decepticon Warlord

I quite rate the Fansproject insecticons and do recommend them. However I find it is very hard to associate them with the characters they are based on, so I just see them as awesome standalone ninja robots with insectoid alternate forms. But that's me. You'll definitely get something to like out of them.

It does sound sad Fansproject are on a decline. At least they were amongst the forerunners that set the ball rolling for quality 3p products.

- NKF

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:36 pm 
TFNZ Princess

NKF wrote:
I quite rate the Fansproject insecticons and do recommend them. However I find it is very hard to associate them with the characters they are based on, so I just see them as awesome standalone ninja robots with insectoid alternate forms. But that's me. You'll definitely get something to like out of them.

It does sound sad Fansproject are on a decline. At least they were amongst the forerunners that set the ball rolling for quality 3p products.

- NKF

I was never fond of their Ninja themed Insections, but once they were redecoed and retooled into 3/4 of the Deluxe Insecticons, the style was a much better fit for more.

I find it interesting that the first Third Party Tf Company is also currently the only one to have ever released any Original IP products to date (Steel Core, and The Retro Future / Glacialord bots). The Retro Future bots are such a love letter set to 80s robot designs, and Steel Core is still and awesome contemporary figure.

Thatotherguy wrote:
I ordered their Dai Z out of pure impulse. Never had any interest in it before, but suddenly just thought the concept and design was really cool.
Thankfully that was the only Black Friday deal that sucked me in :lol:

Dai Z (aka Dai Atlas) was one of the purchases I made this weekend. I already have the Trianix Alpha Version,and it is a fun set. Dai Z has the advantage of additional accesories and a combined vehicle mode.

[omega] wrote:
Specifically diesel.

That has always been a very good looking set of Stunticons. Not for me though, but nice to watch from a distance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:24 pm 
Headmaster City

[omega] wrote:
Mr_Ash wrote:

Specifically diesel.
Insecticon 3 pack.....I thought about that for a long time and still haven't made up my mind on them.
A long time on the fence I know.

Fans toys Insecticons hasn't got me by the toes either. :roll: picky aren't I :D

Oh man, the fanstoys insecticons are my favorite third party set. Not fanstoys set, all third party. They took out feral Rex and the dinobots

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:35 pm 
TFNZ News Crew

My brother not having a job and the winz stand down it means i cant be paid his share of things intill he gets back paid, which is a pain...i suppose it just means waiting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 pm 
TFNZ News Crew

I have hit a wall in my weight lifting one that i cant seem to find a way around, i use these two 20kg plates and two 5 kg plates on the weights and to make 50kg i do this with my bicep curl and all my other work outs, i find it cheaper to own my own weights and go for a run, now the wall ive hit is i cant seem to find a way to get past the 50 kg mark because the part where the weight attachs to wont allow and more weight, it runs out of room.

so the only way around this is finding a gym who carries a weight above 50 kg which ive had no luck infact they dont have over 40 lol, or i find a store that sells the weights i need to keep moving forward

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:00 pm 
Faction Leader

I know it's repetitive but still no notifications via email unless you log in to TFNZ.

Thank you Zippo for the heads up pm on your thread.
Cheers for that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:12 pm 
TFNZ Administrator

The PM/email issue may be fixed from roughly midday 4th December
I have received 2 PMs since then, and received two emails.

Some reports of success/failure would be nice

Page 307 of 313 [ 4691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 313  Next