Trivial Irritations Thread

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

Headmaster City

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby loismustdye » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm

iPhone sent to Apple for screen repair yesterday, tracking checked this morning to see that the package has been declined for sending to Australia by TNT and is now winging its way back to me.
Instructions were followed using the provided packaging etc by Apple, and after my last experience 14 months ago when the palmy tnt agent (nz couriers) “lost the package” after I delivered it to their depot, needless to say I’m more than a bit miffed with things.....
a phone call to the couriers sheds no light so I’m in the dark till the package gets back to I guess.... my money is on the package has been opened and the “restored to factory settings” iph8ne has disappeared (D)
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Currently collecting G1 from a trust worthy web site.
Looking at eBay I'm some what hesitant when it comes to officiall g1.
Specially for their ko traders.
Prices are just too good to be true.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:56 am

Trade me auctions and seeing so many over priced auctions

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Endless people bashing people for RIBFIR. Plus the Hasbro vs third party aggro. I seem to notice that there is more coming from the Hasbro lovers than it used to. I always thought it was the other way around.

I don’t care who likes what but don’t try to change my opinion and be self entitled jerks to everyone.

Thankfully it’s no one here
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Heroic Autobot

Postby megatronacepticon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 pm

The fact that Transformers communities across the internet are already showing pictures of Power of the Primes wave 2 and beaming about their complete dinobot combiner etc. when we in New Zealand are still over a damn month from getting anything from Power of the Primes. Whoever at Hasbro thought making us wait until the end of March for a toyline that started coming out elsewhere in December needs to have a long hard think about their business practices. I'm sure there are a number of sales that have been lost (even if it's a small number) from people jumping the gun too import because the wait for local distribution is too much.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:09 pm

megatronacepticon wrote:The fact that Transformers communities across the internet are already showing pictures of Power of the Primes wave 2 and beaming about their complete dinobot combiner etc. when we in New Zealand are still over a damn month from getting anything from Power of the Primes. Whoever at Hasbro thought making us wait until the end of March for a toyline that started coming out elsewhere in December needs to have a long hard think about their business practices. I'm sure there are a number of sales that have been lost (even if it's a small number) from people jumping the gun too import because the wait for local distribution is too much.

Yeah ive jumped the gun and got my wave 1 im more then likely going to import wave 2, now im woundering if my wave 2 products will hit before our wave 1 hits

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Because they go way too hard on the movie stock. It is almost like the shelves are fully stocked for a new line but it’s just the same stock that has been collecting dust.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 pm

click bait, turly trivial but such a annoying thing in this day in age

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Trademe members that buy stuff and then don’t pay or send a message within a few days. Frustrating being left in limbo (especially since lately there seems to be more Trademe members that don’t complete trades?)

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Lego - they keep on making sets I like
I've run out of display room!!

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 am

Christchurch drivers, use your lights!

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Discovering that there has been a regular $30 withdrawal from my account every month to a charity I never signed up for. I had not noticed it before as it blended in with my regular automatic payments and daily transactions.

I did foolishly give my contact details to a particularly persistent street charity mugger about two years ago in order to make my escape. I have had to put up with a stream of brochures and pamphlets in my letterbox since but I never agreed to anything nor have I consented to setting up an automatic payment. More importantly I don't recall giving out my bank details.

Time to pay a visit to the bank and try to sort out all the what, when, where and hows.
Crura Fish!

Gestalt

Postby IronhideTFX » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 pm

NKF wrote:Discovering that there has been a regular $30 withdrawal from my account every month to a charity I never signed up for. I had not noticed it before as it blended in with my regular automatic payments and daily transactions.

I did foolishly give my contact details to a particularly persistent street charity mugger about two years ago in order to make my escape. I have had to put up with a stream of brochures and pamphlets in my letterbox since but I never agreed to anything nor have I consented to setting up an automatic payment. More importantly I don't recall giving out my bank details.

Time to pay a visit to the bank and try to sort out all the what, when, where and hows.

As someone who works in a bank i can tell you, its hard to take money without signing anything.

You would either need to have an automatic payment made, or sign a direct debit form.
The bank will be able to see if you have an AP's, or DD's loaded against your account (Which at our bank, the signed form would be compared against your Account Operating Authority form that would have a signature specimen).

The other thing it could be is a skimmed card, where they do smaller transactions each month to take from your account (Instead of just taking until it goes).

Really interested to see how it goes, and let me know if you need a hand getting your money back.

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:25 pm

NKF wrote:Discovering that there has been a regular $30 withdrawal from my account every month to a charity I never signed up for.

What charity is it? If they're doing it to you they might be doing it to others.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:46 am

skydemolisher wrote:What charity is it? If they're doing it to you they might be doing it to others.

CCS Disability Action. Not a dodgy group by any means as they are responsible for a whole range of supports for the disabled. I am inclined to believe at this stage that it may just be an administrative misunderstanding rather than anything sinister.

If it is indeed them then I'm not too fussed about them receiving the donations. I mainly want to work out the mystery behind it all.

IronhideTFX wrote:You would either need to have an automatic payment made, or sign a direct debit form.
The bank will be able to see if you have an AP's, or DD's loaded against your account (Which at our bank, the signed form would be compared against your Account Operating Authority form that would have a signature specimen).

Could either an AP or DD be set up by verbal consent? After chatting with my dad about it he suggested it might have been set up as a consequence of a phone conversation. I cannot recall any one phone call I had last year, but I am starting to think that might be what happened. I am usually a bit paranoid about agreeing to anything like this over the phone because of the rise of phone scammers.

I'll check with my bank first and see if they can provide any more information. I might also approach CCS directly and see if they have provide me with a copy of whatever I might have submitted to them.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion