Trivial Irritations Thread

Discuss anything you like in here, as long as it doesn't belong in the other forums and is appropriate.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 11388
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:39 am

Using mobile data to watch YouTube and Netflix when at home because I had turned off WiFi at work due to an issue and had forgotten to turn it back on again

TFNZ Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Rotorua and Auckland

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Muleac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am

I've done that a couple of times. Enough so that I now turn on the data limit and set it to an amount just as a reminder if I keep using the data. Works for me because I hardly use my data.

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 6025
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:52 pm
Location: 41°19'S, 174°46'E

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby jiptravolta » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 pm

[omega] wrote:Still no pm notification alert via email
Unless you log into TFNZ .
Anyone else still experiencing this?

I tried a fix for this. Please let me know if it worked.
Image

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 11388
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:14 pm

^ It did not work
I received a message at 7.49, no email

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby megatronacepticon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:59 pm

When Christchurch is one of the largest cities in New Zealand and the Pokemon movie doesn't come to any theatres here. How the hell do you mess up a distribution so badly that one of the country's main cities gets completely skipped?

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 11388
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:25 pm

megatronacepticon wrote:When Christchurch is one of the largest cities in New Zealand and the Pokemon movie doesn't come to any theatres here. How the hell do you mess up a distribution so badly that one of the country's main cities gets completely skipped?


You made me look that up.
Seems Dunedin gets 1 showing on Saturday 11/11 at 1.30pm, at the more expensive cinema.

I haven't seen a Pokemon movie in years ..

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby megatronacepticon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Zippo wrote:
megatronacepticon wrote:When Christchurch is one of the largest cities in New Zealand and the Pokemon movie doesn't come to any theatres here. How the hell do you mess up a distribution so badly that one of the country's main cities gets completely skipped?


You made me look that up.
Seems Dunedin gets 1 showing on Saturday 11/11 at 1.30pm, at the more expensive cinema.

I haven't seen a Pokemon movie in years ..


Apparently it's showing at Event and Rialto. The only South Island Event Cinema is in Blenheim and there hasn't been a Rialto here since the earthquakes. I'm probably more salty than I should be because in previous years they've had limited Australiasian releases through Hoyts, but since this one is being released theatrically worldwide the distribution rights ended up going to people who weren't Hoyts, making this the first one I haven't been able to go to in a number of years.

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 11388
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Dunedin has Rialto and Reading, as Hoyts left a few years ago now and building anything in this city seems to be a foreign concept
Just a shame that tickets at Rialto are $16 while it is only $10 at Reading (you can probably figure out what cinema I prefer to go to when I wish to see one in a cinema)

Headmaster City
User avatar
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Spike » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 pm

I saw war for the planet of the apes in Dunedin. Ticket cost me ten and it was a nice cinema. Better than the 19.50 in Auckland.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 11388
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Spike wrote:I saw war for the planet of the apes in Dunedin. Ticket cost me ten and it was a nice cinema. Better than the 19.50 in Auckland.


So not a trivial irritation then, in fact should be in the good times thread?

Headmaster City
User avatar
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Spike » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:23 pm

Haha it’s all about perspective.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:16 am
Location: Palmerston North

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Thatotherguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Getting asked questions on Trademe listings that could easily and quickly be answered by google (as that's what I often use to find the answer for them).

Questions specific to the item I'm selling are fine, but when it's a general sort of question surely it isn't too hard to do your own research. I mean, that's how I see it when I'm a buyer

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 11388
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Thatotherguy wrote:Getting asked questions on Trademe listings that could easily and quickly be answered by google (as that's what I often use to find the answer for them).

Questions specific to the item I'm selling are fine, but when it's a general sort of question surely it isn't too hard to do your own research. I mean, that's how I see it when I'm a buyer


My pet peeve is "how tall is it"

TFNZ Administrator
Posts: 11388
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby Zippo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Another phone misadventure

My SIM card tray got stuck in the phone, no local phone repairers would look at it
So I took a gamble and yanked.
Part of the SIM card tray is now stuck in my phone

However a little wiggling and it was put into its location so the rest of the tray can fit around it, meaning I can still use the phone.

I hate 2017 for phone issues

1 dead phone, 2 broken phones (though both functional)

TFNZ News Crew
User avatar
Posts: 3551
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm
Location: Dunedin

Re: Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby omegaprime » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

feeling under the weather, its not fun at all, well at least i dont have my son this weekend so i dont have to worry about him getting sick as well, lots of water and lots of rest for me, i hate being sick

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest