Masterpiece Grimlock re-release

Davehammer provides orders for upcoming TakaraTomy product, specifically Masterpiece releases. Check out what he's got on order!

Moderator: Moderators

Evil Decepticon

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock re-release

Postby davehammer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 pm

sure, no prob =)

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:45 am

Seen a few people report that Grimlocks coming out early (and without the new crown/coin?). Any idea if your stock is the same Dave?

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:24 pm

That might be the Taiwan exclusive ver that comes in a white box with new artwork and I think that's the one with the crown
The one I'm getting is just the Asia exclusive re-release in the standard Takara black box and the same accessories as the old MP08 plus a coin

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:31 pm

I think people have been getting the re-release with a note to say they're awaiting the "gift" (the coin and sword cover) and it will be sent out at a later date.

So it's completely independent of the white one which came with Jetfire in some cases.

Could just be a mistake, but I've read a few people say this now which is kinda weird :S

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:45 pm

They told me it will come with a coin but didn't say anything about a sword cover.
It it just a straight up re-release of the original Takara MP08 with slightly different stickers of authenticity.

The one that comes with the crown and white box is the Cyberton Con exclusive ver but I don't think this one comes with the dino mode accessories.

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/grimlock-jetfire/

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:28 pm

davehammer wrote:They told me it will come with a coin but didn't say anything about a sword cover.
It it just a straight up re-release of the original Takara MP08 with slightly different stickers of authenticity.

The one that comes with the crown and white box is the Cyberton Con exclusive ver but I don't think this one comes with the dino mode accessories.

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/grimlock-jetfire/

The original solicitations for this Grimlock reissue was that it would with a collectors coin, that transformed into a crown for Grimlock, as well as 'flame sword' (which sounded like a sheath for MP-08's sword, with a flame styling).

Some people have begun to receive their MP-08 reissues, without those suggested extras, and that they'd get these 'in March' (or at least the coin, anyway). They're not the white-boxed reissues, the same normal MP boxes, with a 30th anniversary logo as opposed to the 25th anniversary one.

Sounds like the whole thing is as vague and cryptic as Takara can be at times.

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Let me double check with the supplier.
The promo I was given looked like this.
Attachments
1504086_743352129026414_752487106_n.jpg
1504086_743352129026414_752487106_n.jpg (271.5 KiB) Viewed 2339 times

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Yeah, from what I gather it's a straight up MP-08 reissue as that picture indicates as well as the special coin, and also rumoured 'flame sword' as well. No one has ever seen any pictures, this was just mentioned in solicitations by a few other e-tailers.

Don't worry i'm more than happy to just get my hands on a Grimlock - i'm not fussed on whether he has those extra accessories or not.

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Rest assured, if it comes those accessories, I'll include them.

I'll ask around and keep you posted.

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Just go an email from EHobbyBaseShop saying that "The free gift (crown/coin thing) has not arrived yet, but it will arrive in the next week and that's when we will ship MP-08." - so I guess that pretty much confirms that you do get the extra stuff they talked about, it just might be a week or two delayed.

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:25 pm

According to my mate the crown is actually the artwork cover that holds the coin and not the crown that came with the Hasbro or Marvel comic version.
It should also come with a flame sword effect part that goes over Grimlock's sword, however the supplier cannot confirm me on the sword effect at this point.

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:29 am

Good news and bad news

The good...
MP Grimlock will see an early release date, matter of fact, I already have one in hand

The bad...
The gift coin/crown is not available yet but will very likely be before the end of January
Also, they still can't confirm whether the sword cover is real or not

Heroic Autobot

Postby prowl is prime » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 am

So does this mean the balance for Grimlock is due now/soon?

The flame sword cover sounds like a piece of cloth or paper that fits over the sword.

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 am

Just put another 50 towards this.
Thanks

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:34 pm

prowl is prime wrote:So does this mean the balance for Grimlock is due now/soon?

The flame sword cover sounds like a piece of cloth or paper that fits over the sword.

Just complete the balance when everything is ready to ship.
Also seeing that you've got your name down for MP G2 Sideswipe too, you may consider shipping them together since that should be coming out soon in Feb.

Muleac wrote:Just put another 50 towards this.
Thanks

Thx =)

PreviousNext

Return to Davehammer's Pre-Order Forum