Pokemon Go

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Re: Pokemon Go

Postby Zippo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Someone set of multiple lures that I could once again reach without leaving my desk, so I could leave my phone connected to the charger and just collect all the new and high CP Pokemon (as well almost anything else that came along).

Sadly my trips to new areas looking for different Pokemon was a failure - had new ones "nearby" but could never get to them before either the game crashed and they disapeared from the list, or they just disappeared from the list (seems some Pokemon only spawn for 5-10 minutes)

Just cleaned up my caught Pokemon list and have figured out what I can evolve to get to the next evolution, and what I can evolve purely to gain XP for my human character so he can go up a level
So next time I am a) next to a lure b) have time, I will a) set of a lucky egg, b) set of incense and go forth and see what happens

In the early part of the game I had close to 250 Pokeballs and was getting rid of them in order to free up space; now I have less than 50 Regular and 10 Great Pokeballs left .. and can't seem to get enough from PokeStops. Freaken Zubats get so hard to catch and use so many balls ...

So when do people think that all the lures being placed everywhere to attract Pokemon will run out - another week, two, month?

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:38 am

Dang it
Woke up early so thought I would go hunting

Only to see the game has officially been launched in a few more places and the servers are now offline ..

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:13 am

My Jolteon has lasted almost a full day at a gym, which is impressive cause I feel like team Instinct is a minority around these parts. Slowly bumping up my Pokedex, but half the time I find a unique Pokemon the game decides to crash on me.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:30 am

There was a patch yesterday

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:33 am

If you download areas into your offline mode on google maps it decreases load times, mbs used, battery used i found my game works very well after downloading the dunedin area

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:07 pm

omegaprime wrote:If you download areas into your offline mode on google maps it decreases load times, mbs used, battery used i found my game works very well after downloading the dunedin area

Doesn't work for me

Once the game was up and running this afternoon, I decided to sign up for Ingress in order to use the maps in order to find the XM locations
Been reading about concentrated XM locations and how they relate to Pokemon spawn sights. In the CBD the Ingress map is too busy to be of any use, however out in Mosgiel it was very telling .. I found 2 (maybe 3) possible spawn locations so far .. most of Mosgiel outside the main street is empty of any XM.
No XM, no Pokemon; which explains why walking the streets for hours lands me with no sightings..

Hopefully I can use this information when something other that Weedle/Pidgey/Rattata show up on the nearby list

Evil Decepticon

Postby Dzeb » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Sumner in Christchurch by Cave Rock was going off today. Managed to rack up a little over 30,000 xp. Seen 81, caught 79

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Nearby map issues today were frustrating .. all Pokemon were 3 steps away and didn't move up/down the list
As a result, I had no luck with finding the spawn spots.

However I did head to the Gardens and managed to catch a few, as well as evolve many in order to take me up to level 17

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Each step i think stands for x amount of meters i know it flashs green when your heading towards it

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:11 pm

^ It's just that the nearly list is broken (or has been removed); I was lying in bed this morning and opened PMn Go and saw a Seal at three steps away.
Just as I was going to close the app, Seal appeared right next to me

While I understand that spawns of PMn are random, it annoys to spend an hour of your life to hit an area that has been reported as being a hotspot for a certain PMn .. and finding nothing.
Not even a Weedle or Pidgey .. and then to get back to the office and see that an unrecorded PMn on your 'nearby' list and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Organising a Pokemon Go and Pizza event at Massey. Sometimes I love my job :D

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:27 pm

Been using the mapping scripts to build up spawn locations around Dunedin, while trying to find places that offer Fire/Electric/Dragon/Fighting and Rock Pokemon since I am having major issues getting those types.

In a month I am heading to Wellington for a course, so will of course have to spend time time trying to "catch them all" (or catch more and more and more and more) so I can evolve what I have ...

Did also spend real $ on the game today getting 8 more incubators since level 19 brings some pretty decent CP rated egg hatches (though I haven't yet been able to get my starter Pokemon from the 2km eggs)

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Dragonite (dragon flying) is located around moana pool when he spawns and omanyte (rock water) spawns near the docks, north dunedin is supposed to have pikachu (electric) magmar (fire) and electabuzz (electric ) that should fix ya elements issues lol.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:22 pm

omegaprime wrote:Dragonite (dragon flying) is located around moana pool when he spawns and omanyte (rock water) spawns near the docks, north dunedin is supposed to have pikachu (electric) magmar (fire) and electabuzz (electric ) that should fix ya elements issues lol.

Been in those areas, but either not at the right time or place I guess for the hourly spawns.
I did see Pikachu and Magnemite appear when I was creating my maps around the wharf

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Playing in Rotorua. In town there are just about a pokestop on every corner. Kids and I just go round and round. Not sure of any spawn sites though.

PreviousNext

Return to Pop Culture Fandom