Pokemon Go

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ News Crew

Pokemon Go

Postby omegaprime » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:36 pm

With the irritations tread going pokemon go i think we need a thread for it

TFNZ Administrator

Re: Pokemon Go

Postby Zippo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Currently at level 9; about 2/3rd of the way to level 10
Was going to run a lucky egg and do several evolutions today, but server issues put a stop to that.

Going to head to the wharf after work (if the game is up) to see if I can get water pokemon

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Im 5 going on 6 at present. Wifes at the gym at present so when she gets back im taking the dog for a walk in the cbd, heaps of pokestops there compared to here in the residential areas.
Still not sure why i play it though (D)
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Just got back from a run/Pokemon safari at the river and managed to snag the Electabuzz that I missed last time when my phone died. Also finnnnallllyy hatched my 10km egg into a Hitmonchan. Would've been sooner if the app didn't keep having server issues

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:15 pm

well i finally got to play this for real and it was alot of fun though there is some things i would like to imporved the poke stops are usefull and i can nab them while on the bus meaning i can nab about 20 in less then 5 mins also get to travel over great distance captureing pokemon, man zubats are every where and there hard top hit lol.

i managed to evolve a weedle to a kakuna that was intreasting, ive decided to catch everything i can and deal with the double ups when i get home then deal with any that can evolve :D

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Thatotherguy wrote:Just got back from a run/Pokemon safari at the river and managed to snag the Electabuzz that I missed last time when my phone died. Also finnnnallllyy hatched my 10km egg into a Hitmonchan. Would've been sooner if the app didn't keep having server issues

Mate, go hang round the square in your car in the warm. I went for a nosey and there was easy 100 or more folk gathered around the corners of the square where there was three pokestops each lured up. Got me a pikachu at high flyers :-)
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:04 pm

I've been tempted to hit the square for a while, so might head that way after work tomorrow. I have been enjoying how this game brings people together. Hung out with about 20 strangers at Massey yesterday around a couple of close Pokespots that were lured up.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:39 pm

I headed to the wharf after work
Someone had lured up all three PokeStops in the area, so I added a Incense and Lucky Egg and managed to go from Level 9 to Level 12 and caught 9 new Pokemon.

When I got home I found some of the Mosgiel gyms had weak defences compared to the weekend so took two over and added two Pokemon to already captured Yellow Gyms
There are not many of us Yellows around ... I doubt I lasted an hour holding those down - I can only see one from home and is already Red again

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:41 pm

Just Level 2 here (nearly 3!). Have got a Zubat, Pidgey, Spearow and Charmander. I had a Clefairy but server issues didn't let me keep it.

I haven't gone out an about really. Just near the house but will do so tomorrow.

I love the concept. Hope the server issues get sorted soon.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:18 am

So couldn't sleep and have work from 7.30
Solution, leave house a bit earlier - drive to a new location and see what Pokemon await

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Starting to see high CP Pidgys (180+) on my travels, as well as CP300+ first evolution Pokemon now on my walks at lunch
Sitting at my desk at work I can hit a PokeStop every 5 minutes to get XP, however even plugged into power my phone goes through the battery quicker than I can give it.

In the last hour someone set of a lure at the PokeStop just across the road from the one I can hit - managed to get some new additions to the "collection" through that - including a CP435 Gloom

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:08 pm

And was just about to leave work when someone set a lure on the PokeStop I can catch with ease
So I stayed at work for 30 minutes adding more Pokemon to the list, including a couple of new additions and some more high CP that are going to be ready for evolution soon

Had a couple of eggs also hatch while walking the dogs after work

Good times

- though still only seen 44 out of 151* Pokemon (that is, if all 151 first gen Pokemon are in the game)

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Went into town today. Didn't catch anything amazing, but there were a few lured up spots to take advantage of. Managed to jump a few levels thanks to some hatches/evolutions with a lucky egg boost.

Getting a lot of the same stuff turning up so might head out somewhere in the weekend to try find some new stuff.

Pretender

Postby Antonio Handsome » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Being stuck at work sucks

i am great at signatures

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:02 pm

Lure central. Wow.

Next

Return to Pop Culture Fandom