Pokemon Go

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Re: Pokemon Go

Postby Zippo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:41 pm

So over the weekend, changes were made to the app as well as server side

In the app, they removed the footprints from the nearby list - so the Pokemon's proximity to you is now very unknown
They also made a bunch of UI changes and added in the ability to customize your player
Pokemon have also got harder to catch and now escape Pokeballs and attack more often

Some of the maps that have popped up online over the last few weeks have been taken offline as IP ranges have been blocked from accessing the servers, and the bots I was using to make my own maps no longer work either

While I understand the rights of the developer to close backdoor methods of getting information, how about actually FIXING a major feature (that is tracking a Pokemon) before going after websites.

As a result, this game has lost the majority of its appeal - I'll still play, as I need candies but I now know I will have to be REALLY lucky in order to find anything classified as being rare/hard because there is no way to know how close/far a Pokemon is, if it appears on your nearby screen

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 pm

I am pleased with the new update (0.33.0 on Android)

They have changed the nearby list to a sightings list and Pokemon actually drop off/add on in real time as you move (no more stuck lists forcing you to close/open the app).
I need to check if the list order is actually an ordered list of what you will see first, and rumors advise that even if you have multiple of one type (ie, rat, bird etc) it only shows one icon, so the list isn't one solid wall of rats or birds.

Few other things changed as well, but I am so happy the sightings list actually works.
Now I just need to figure out the rough distance that the nearby list actually sees - 100m/200m? EDIT: it's 200m

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Was up in Wellington for a course and of course I went out hunting for Pokemon

So much more variety in the CBD compared to Dunedin; caught a few new ones and have enough candies to do some new evolutions

Previous

Return to Pop Culture Fandom