Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

Autobot Commander
User avatar
Posts: 4109
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Location: Wellington

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:38 am

Got the Visual Dictionary today and the first page explains the politics quite well...

Image

Back to reading...

Supreme Commander
Posts: 8256
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby skydemolisher » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Mr_Ash wrote:My only true gripe - all that Phasma hype from trailers really led up to nothing.


Have to agree. I was hoping for some kick ass thing to happen, instead we get Force Baton Trooper and a Trash Compactor joke.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby Nero » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:13 am

Just saw it a second time.

With all the hype, speculation and (vague and loose potential) hints I do hope that Rey IS NOT related to Luke, it seems to predictable and would be nice to have someone outside the Skywalker family be lead character. Plus it seems too obvious of an option to go with. Id accept maybe being distantly related through Anakins mums or Padames family but going with daughter would feel like a cop out.

Kinda hoping/ theorising that somehow Rey convinves Kylo to swap back, kill big and ugly then they help set up the new academy. Always love a good redemption story even after getting his father killing on. Another obvious and repetitive story move but always a classic.

Also would love Fin to be force sensitive, then had a side story (comics, tv show, expanded movie) on him going back and saving or liberating some more storm troopers now that we know theres a possibility of the kidnapped and conditioned ones being able to "turn good".

Lastly, isnt there something in the expanded universe about mandalorians not being force senstive (i.e., any cloned troops) or at least hating it so much that they avoid it? Even though the EU was canned as non cannon Tem is still referred to as Mandalorian. So because Fin isnt a clone its possible that he gotta the force. Plus hes a great character so enthuiastic about things "wooo" "yeh" "woo" hes a woo guy :)
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Supreme Commander
Posts: 8256
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:40 am

Nero wrote:Lastly, isnt there something in the expanded universe about mandalorians not being force senstive (i.e., any cloned troops) or at least hating it so much that they avoid it? Even though the EU was canned as non cannon Tem is still referred to as Mandalorian. So because Fin isnt a clone its possible that he gotta the force. Plus hes a great character so enthuiastic about things "wooo" "yeh" "woo" hes a woo guy :)


Original Mandalorian's I don't think were Force Sensitive but the ones from more recent times are Mandalorian by name and culture, not blood. Its probably more that Mandalorian culture isn't really in line with the Jedi Path and they would carry animosity from the Mandalorian Wars which happened so far back its kinda funny, but they still have that grudge against force users because of it. There were force sensitive clones, just not very many and some former Jedi did take to the Mandalorian path.

And I mean come on... Robes or awesome armour? :P
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby Nero » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:11 pm

skydemolisher wrote:
And I mean come on... Robes or awesome armour? :P


image.jpeg
image.jpeg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Supreme Commander
Posts: 8256
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Nero wrote:
skydemolisher wrote:
And I mean come on... Robes or awesome armour? :P


image.jpeg



Hahahaha I'm pretty sure that Kylo Ren is wearing a breastplate under the robes at least. He looks so much like Revan. **wants to play KOTOR... Doesn't want the length of KOTOR**
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby Nero » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:14 pm

skydemolisher wrote:
Hahahaha I'm pretty sure that Kylo Ren is wearing a breastplate under the robes at least. He looks so much like Revan. **wants to play KOTOR... Doesn't want the length of KOTOR**


I know what you mean Ive been wanting to replay 1 & 2 for the last few years now but the game length always stops me.

I would be so happy if they somehow evolved him into Revan or did a separate series about Revan and some KOTOR stuff. Was talking to a friend the other day and he said wouldnt it be amazing if Netflix got rights to make a series on Revan, now its all I can think of.

Revan is amazing
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Supreme Commander
Posts: 8256
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Nero wrote:
skydemolisher wrote:
Hahahaha I'm pretty sure that Kylo Ren is wearing a breastplate under the robes at least. He looks so much like Revan. **wants to play KOTOR... Doesn't want the length of KOTOR**


I know what you mean Ive been wanting to replay 1 & 2 for the last few years now but the game length always stops me.

I would be so happy if they somehow evolved him into Revan or did a separate series about Revan and some KOTOR stuff. Was talking to a friend the other day and he said wouldnt it be amazing if Netflix got rights to make a series on Revan, now its all I can think of.

Revan is amazing


I think Revan was the Star Wars story that was on par with the Films in a way, certainly one of the best stories they made. Really miffed that we didn't get anyone other than Bastila Shan in the Black Series here in stores.

I heard a while back that there are plans for KOTOR to be re-released for XB1, PS4 and PC.

I'm currently making my way through Clone Wars on DVD.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby Nero » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:47 pm

skydemolisher wrote:
I heard a while back that there are plans for KOTOR to be re-released for XB1, PS4 and PC.

I'm currently making my way through Clone Wars on DVD.


All these re-releases, I hope it means theyre considering tapping back into kotor. EA has the deal to work on all star wars games and EA also has Bioware!!! :) hmmmmm hadnt clicked but that makes this seem more possible, would definitely love it if they did.

Always been meaning to check out those toons, recommended?
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Supreme Commander
Posts: 8256
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Re: Star Wars TFA Discussion *WITH SPOILERS* (OK?)

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Nero wrote:
skydemolisher wrote:
I heard a while back that there are plans for KOTOR to be re-released for XB1, PS4 and PC.

I'm currently making my way through Clone Wars on DVD.


All these re-releases, I hope it means theyre considering tapping back into kotor. EA has the deal to work on all star wars games and EA also has Bioware!!! :) hmmmmm hadnt clicked but that makes this seem more possible, would definitely love it if they did.

Always been meaning to check out those toons, recommended?


I enjoy them, they certainly have some great episodes and some things that came as a surprise.

From what I understand the 1313 game is being reworked into something, with people from Uncharted and some other franchise working on it.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Previous

Return to Pop Culture Fandom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest