StarWars: VII Toy unboxing event

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

Headmaster City

StarWars: VII Toy unboxing event

Postby green dragoon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

So is anyone else looking forward to the new SW: TFA toys launching tomorrow?

I must admit i"m getting there. I haven't collected much in the way of starwars for a while but maybe this new movie series will reinvigorate my interest in Starwars figures.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

Headmaster City

Re: StarWars: VII Toy unboxing event

Postby loismustdye » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Its cool they are making a big deal of it, and the vehicles are going to be intersting, as will be the character reveals. But i wont be buying any after hearing somewhere that they are likely to be 5 POA figures, which in this day and age is a huge backwards step.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:28 pm

loismustdye wrote:Its cool they are making a big deal of it, and the vehicles are going to be interesting, as will be the character reveals. But i wont be buying any after hearing somewhere that they are likely to be 5 POA figures, which in this day and age is a huge backwards step.

I've heard that too and seeing as most of the Rebels figures on the shelves seem to be that, its sad.

Still it'll be fun to see new things.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Gestalt

Postby Sledgehama » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:26 pm

5 PoA definitely sucks and are a major step backwards, but that's where they've decided to take it. Hopefully we'll see some properly articulated versions of these characters down the line but in the meantime I did get a few, primarily focusing on the First Order (troop builders!) and 6 inch black series.

I find it really interesting that these toys are, at this stage, being sold purely on the fact that they're Star Wars and look cool - we really have no emotional attachment to any of the characters or anything yet given the level of secrecy and it doesn't even have that tangential familiarity that we had with Episode I (young versions of existing characters Obi-Wan, Vader, Threepio, etc). The hype machine seems to be whirring along nicely on the basis of the very small amount of fuel they've given us!

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm hoping they do a 3.75" Black Series of them, been quite pleased with the ones they did release. Hoping to find the Jawas next time a sale comes up.

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:43 pm

I wondered into Warehouse tonight to check out what this new Starwars toyline will have to offer, i was quite pleased to see SW Titaniums are back just when i'm starting to collect some of the older series.

I've been thinking lately about the reduced articulation in the 3.75" figures and i was starting to come around to to the idea of basic figures again i mean i never really use the extra range of movement anyway when put on display, and i figured at least they will be cheaper to pick up..... But No! i see tonight the 3.75" 5 POA are $17.99! that is total bollocks right there, the 3.75" Black series were $19.99 for heavens sake. And Hasbro cant use the classic "plastic costs more defense" because the new TMNT figures retail for $14.99. So what I'm really saying is if i do end up buying any figures it will be after the movie and on sale.
The Titaniums on the other hand i'm getting on the next sale.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:56 pm

green dragoon wrote:I wondered into Warehouse tonight to check out what this new Starwars toyline will have to offer, i was quite pleased to see SW Titaniums are back just when i'm starting to collect some of the older series.

I've been thinking lately about the reduced articulation in the 3.75" figures and i was starting to come around to to the idea of basic figures again i mean i never really use the extra range of movement anyway when put on display, and i figured at least they will be cheaper to pick up..... But No! i see tonight the 3.75" 5 POA are $17.99! that is total bollocks right there, the 3.75" Black series were $19.99 for heavens sake. And Hasbro cant use the classic "plastic costs more defense" because the new TMNT figures retail for $14.99. So what I'm really saying is if i do end up buying any figures it will be after the movie and on sale.
The Titaniums on the other hand i'm getting on the next sale.

Yeah the price point I found kinda weird a while ago. They sold them for $10-12 and then all of a sudden they did 2 packs for $20... But they were all 5 POA or less really. Other than the Black Series, which only seems to be at Farmers, along with the good Marvel figures.

Return to Pop Culture Fandom