Metal Gear Solid V (POTENTIAL SPOILER DISCUSSIONS)

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

Heroic Autobot

Metal Gear Solid V (POTENTIAL SPOILER DISCUSSIONS)

Postby Nero » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Hey just wondering if anyone else is looking forward to this as much as I am, which is heaps and lots.

Really looking forward to see how the story of Big Boss goes this time and where it connects up to in the timeline, as in if we see his full progression to the bad guy from the games from the 80s.

Also keen to see what characters are tied into the story, I mean weve already seen possible Liquid, Mantis, maybe maybe on Solid. As well as the definite addition of Ocelot.

What are your lots' thoughts on where the story might go, who do you reckon or want to see woven into the story? (Would personally love more Gray Fox)
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Heroic Autobot

Re: Metal Gear Solid V (POTENTIAL SPOILER DISCUSSIONS)

Postby Nero » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Finished this a few weeks ago, what a mission that was. Spent way more hours than intended and enjoyed them all.

Quick review:

Gameplay wise it was smooth as heck, probably one of the smoothest running games I have played to date. Really enjoyable controls, combat, shooting system (good as first or third person shooting modes). It does expand the standard metal gear solid gameplay into being more free roam and sandboxy, where you can tackle a mission various ways (run and gun, sneak and kill, passive, avoid, collect intel to refine objectives and numerous side objectives within missions). Really enjoyable.

Character development is a contested area and depends on who you ask but I enjoyed the characters, and as its a MGS game, they do tend to smell a bit like corny 80s film heroes/heroines but thats expected.

The story was enjoyable and good, however, compared to other MGS games it falls short a bit BUT I would still consider the story good when compared to other games. There is heaps to do and keep you busy, I've probably clocked up 100+ hours and only sitting at 80% overall game completion.

I would recommend it to anyone with a vague interest in it. For this game you don't have to have played the others it just adds an extra layer of intrigue but it does run well as a standalone game.
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Return to Pop Culture Fandom