Batman Vs Superman

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

Headmaster City

Batman Vs Superman

Postby Old_Timer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Durka Durka Durka!! Mohammed Jihad!!!!

No.of TF's in collection:32 (just a beginner)
Fave quote: You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without falling over.

Heroic Autobot

Re: Batman Vs Superman

Postby Nero » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Sooooo amped for this, even though man of steel was in my opinion mediocre a good old scrap between these two and setting the stage for the justice league will be a good watch.

Also interested in seeing how Batfleck handles the cowl
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Headmaster

Postby Devcon » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4

Looks pretty good :D
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki

Heroic Autobot

Postby soak314 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Looks sick. Proper DKR looking bats with a rough-voice that isn't entirely laughable.

Hopefully it'll be more Watchmen than Man of Steel.

Targetmaster

Postby RotorstormNP » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 am

I waited for the official version to drop. I enjoyed all the debate/news VO at the start and the reveal of the FALSE GOD graffiti on the statue, but was a little underwhelmed with the face-off. I'm still excited to see it, especially after reading TDKR and watching the recent DVD animated adaptation, but the teaser didn't do much for me.

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Yeah I can't say I'm all the impressed by it, bit of a rude way of saying it but seen a number of people fanwanking on it hard and I just don;t see the appeal... Nor Batfleck, he just looks wrong to me.

The thing I mainly find weird is they keep hinting its a Vs film while at the same time trying to say its not actually a Vs film, hence the v in the title. As if people are assuming and its being made to look like a film that isn't actually the film at all.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Gestalt

Postby Sledgehama » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:21 pm

I can't say I'm overly impressed with this trailer either. I find it troubling that the DC film world is so dark and polarised that you're either worshipping Superman or trying to kill him. For what really is meant to be one of the most aspirational superheroes, it's not giving a vibe of what I want to see in a Superman movie. Not quite sure why Batman has to have a Robocop vocoder (even if he is wearing Tony Stark's cast-offs) and so far I don't see anything in there that makes Affleck's casting more obviously a good move. Hopefully Warners will take Marvel's lesson from the first Ant-Man teaser to heart and kick it up a notch with the next trailer, but I just don't get excited to see this film. Still will see it of course, so the overall effect is probably a bit wasted on me anyway :)

Heroic Autobot

Postby soak314 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:01 pm

I find it troubling that the DC film world is so dark and polarised that you're either worshipping Superman or trying to kill him.

DC's going for the edgy, grey morals and grim realities route vs Marvel's modernized, mass appeal, saturday morning heroics.

I think it makes sense, as DC's most influential titles (Red Son, Killing Joke, Watchmen, Sandman, Swamp Thing, DKR, All Star Supes to name a few) are usually existentialist, or attempt to deconstruct the superhero genre/the superhero world they are set in. Marvel generally does not ever go to that level of storytelling for their comics.

Simply put, as Marvel/Disney try to make movies that are 'fun' for all ages, DC/Warner decidedly veers the other way to try and appeal to a more 'mature' mindset.

This hasn't exactly worked out: Man of Steel was a storytelling flop and the butt end of the Nolan Batverse was written so strangely it almost felt like satire. But I am all for the direction. I don't want two cinematic movieverses from two vastly different COMIC universes trying to do the same thing.

In regards to Batfleck, I honestly don't understand all the fuss from either side. Bale made a great Bruce, but to me he wasn't all that swell a Batman. The designs for his costumes in particular were terribly uninteresting.

Meanwhile, Batfleck's costume is looking proper DKR. Something I'd actually buy a toy of. Can't say much past that. The mechanized voice is odd, although it does kinda fit with the powersuit (which he did use in the comics this whole bit is drawing from).

But with all that said, I'm actually worried about them messing up Wonder Woman more than anything else. Snyder tends to do terribly casting women.

Pretender

Postby MAULER666 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Hmm gotta agree with the majority here, pretty underwhelming trailer. Cool to see Bats in a thrasher suit and supes giving off the injustice regime vibe. Going to watch it with interest regardless.
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight

Evil Decepticon

Postby Dzeb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:13 pm

EPIC!!! Really looking forward to this, always been keen but that trailer showed us a lot and WOW

Heroic Autobot

Postby soak314 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fis-9Zqu2Ro

If the entire movie's script is this caliber of childish trashtalk I would not mind.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:18 am

A very different Lex than usual

Looking forward to it

Heroic Autobot

Postby prowl is prime » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Watched it last night. Affleck was ok, dark and brooding rather than the higher energy level of Bale. I liked Alfred he was a good choice.

Movie had a lot of backstory, fight was good but not surprising.

Worth a watch

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Subria » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:13 pm

It's a mess of a film, sprinkled with some nice pieces here and there, but far too many scenes which are quite random and really don't make a lot of sense.

DC are going about the whole universe thing wrong. Single character films that build towards an ensemble, rather than trying to force the ensemble almost straight away.

And the continuity between the TV and the films is somewhat confusing/irritating. It seems a shame that TV Flash isn't going to be the one on film.

This Moderator is no longer resident.

Next

Return to Pop Culture Fandom