Rogue One: the first Star Wars Anthology film

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

Gestalt

Re: Rogue One: the first Star Wars standalone

Postby RotorstormNP » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:23 am

Regardless of what it's about :D more news overnight: Alexandre Desplat has been announced as composing the score for Rogue One. His Gozdilla score is excellent, so I'm happy with this news.
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui

Gestalt

Re: Rogue One: the first Star Wars Anthology film

Postby RotorstormNP » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:32 am

BIG NEWS

Rogue One had a panel at Celebration overnight where concept art and an ILM teaser (not yet online and word is it won't be released) were shown, as well as the synopsis:

"A band of resistance fighters unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans in the Star Wars Anthology film, Rogue One."

This news is considered big enough to be on Stuff and NZHerald.co.nz as well as fan sites. Awesome.

I've retitled the thread to reflect that Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm Story Group Leader Kiri Hart said Rogue One is the first "Anthology" film, rather than "stand-alone". I like it.

I think this is a great idea: the mission(s?) to get the plans were among the first things mentioned on screen in A New Hope, and I feel it provides an opportunity for a very exciting and different kind of Star Wars film.

Thoughts?
Cheers, Zac in Whanganui

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:43 am

Good bye, Kyle Katarn lol.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Previous

Return to Pop Culture Fandom