A film for those who can still remember.

In a forum far far away, discuss other popular brands such as Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Batman, X-men and all their related media.

Moderator: Moderators

Gestalt

A film for those who can still remember.

Postby [omega] » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Warlords of Atlantis is a 1978 British science fiction, fantasy film. As the title suggests, the film is about a trip to the lost world of Atlantis. The movie was directed by Kevin Connor from a screen play by Brian Hayles. It was filmed in color with English dialogue, and ran for 96 minutes. Warlords of Atlantis received a MPAA rating of PG and was also novelized by Paul Victor. The film stars Doug McClure, Peter Gilmore and Lea Brodie.

Plot: Around the turn of the century, British archaeologist Professor Aitken and his son, Charles, have chartered a ship called the Texas Rose to take them out to sea. There, they plan to dive underwater in a diving bell designed by American engineer Greg Collinson. Although everyone aboard the ship, including Greg, thinks that the Professors Aitken are just going to look at fish, Charles and his father are secretly searching for proof of the existence of the lost city of Atlantis.

The movie it's self is a great story but if your expecting 2014 top of the line CGI, well you won't find it there.
Given the era at the time , it's still a great film , specially for those who ever saw it and enjoyed it all those years ago.

Faction Leader

Re: A film for those who can still remember.

Postby Oldschool78 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:56 am

Thanks for that, never saw it. watched this morning

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:55 pm

This is a great idea for a new topic :)

Eliminators (1986) - cheesy as action flick, with a legitimate amazing treaded human cyborg. Full movie is on youtube, trailer is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgAeGUD2FU

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:49 pm

jiptravolta wrote:This is a great idea for a new topic :)

Eliminators (1986) - cheesy as action flick, with a legitimate amazing treaded human cyborg. Full movie is on youtube, trailer is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgAeGUD2FU

Where has this movie been all my life!
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Oldschool78 wrote:Thanks for that, never saw it. watched this morning

Your welcome :D

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Krull is a 1983 British-American heroic fantasy-science fiction film directed by Peter Yates and starring Ken Marshall and Lysette Anthony. It was produced by Ron Silverman and released by Columbia Pictures.

The film includes early screen roles for actors Liam Neeson and Robbie Coltrane.ImageImage
A narrator describes a prophecy regarding "a girl of ancient name that shall become queen, that she shall choose a king, and that together they shall rule their world, and that their son shall rule the Galaxy.

The planet Krull is invaded by an entity known as "The Beast" and his army of "Slayers," who travel the galaxy in a mountain-like spaceship called the Black Fortress. In a ceremony involving exchanging a handful of flame between the newlyweds, Prince Colwyn and Princess Lyssa attempt to marry and form an alliance between their rival kingdoms in the hope that their combined forces can defeat the Beast's army.

A prophecy foretells that Lyssa will bear a child destined to rule the galaxy. The Beast has his Slayers attack the wedding before it is concluded. The castle of Lyssa's father, King Eirig, is destroyed and the Kings are murdered.

The Kingdoms' armies are devastated and the princess is kidnapped
Still a blimin great movie , a must have that I own in my movie collection :D
I just hope Hot toys make a few figures from this film
ImageImage

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 pm

awww man i love krull

you forgot to mention the Cyclops

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dark Crystal is a 1982 American–British fantasy film directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz.

The plot revolves around Jen, an elflike 'Gelfling' on a quest to restore balance to his alien world by returning a lost shard to a powerful but broken gem.

Image Image

Although marketed as a family film, it was notably darker than the creators' previous material. The animatronics used in the film were considered groundbreaking.ImageImage

Image Image

The primary concept artist was the fantasy illustrator Brian Froud, famous for his distinctive faerie and dwarf designs. Froud also collaborated with Henson and Oz for their next project, the 1986 film Labyrinth. Image

i watched this movie when i was about 7 and i was sick and home from school (strangly i was for both of the never ending story movies to) anywho this movie blew my mind a bolt is all i am trying to say.Image

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:49 pm

buyaball wrote:awww man i love krull

you forgot to mention the Cyclops

Imageg]

Yup your right , forgot to mention him , glad you did :D He was a cool character too :D
Do you remember this program that use to be on ?

Sapphire & Steel produced between 1979 & 1982 by ATV was a Fantasy Sci-Fi series but with a twist, our heroes "Sapphire & Steel" were the members of a group of agents called "Elementals" who were tasked with keeping the balance in the universe.

Where these elementals came from or if they were even human was never fully explained. There were ten elementals in the series but only five of them ever had any screen time, Sapphire, Steel, Silver, Lead & Jet.

Faction Leader

Postby Oldschool78 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Cherry 2000 (1987) Melanie Griffith
Set in a post apocalyptic future, Sam Treadwell (David Andrews) lives in a society where romance, economics and technology have evolved into a state where relationships of all sorts are commodities.
Sam has bought his one true love a Cherry 2000 and until she fries her circuits beyond repair, making love in the dishwasher, he was the happiest man on Earth.
Cherry 2000s are rare by 2017 and after Sam's friends have taken him out and tried to take his mind of things using a relationship broker Sam is more love lorn then ever and realises he must have a Cherry 2000.

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Haha Krull was one I would have mentioned, that film is awesome.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Superman 2
Thought I'd throw it in there :D

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Directed by Nick Castle
Produced by Gary Adelson
Edward O. Denault
Written by Jonathan R. Betuel
Starring Lance Guest
Robert Preston
Catherine Mary Stewart
Dan O'Herlihy
Norman Snow
Music by Craig Safan
Cinematography King Baggot
Edited by Carroll Timothy O'Meara
Production
company
Lorimar Productions
Distributed by Universal Pictures
Release dates
July 13, 1984
Running time 101 minutes
Country United States
Language English
Budget $15,000,000 (estimated)
Box office $28,733,290 (North America)[1]
The Last Starfighter is a 1984 American space opera film directed by Nick Castle. The film tells the story of Alex Rogan (Lance Guest), an average teenage boy recruited by an alien defense force to fight in an interstellar war. It also featured Robert Preston, Dan O'Herlihy, Catherine Mary Stewart, Norman Snow and Kay E. Kuter.

Gestalt

Postby Sledgehama » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:33 am

I was a big Last Starfighter fan as a kid - even tried making a Gunstar, though was never too successful, possibly due to the fact that I was making it out of popcorn buckets. Still wish someone would make a toy of that.

You'd think that, given the rise in drone warfare and gaming, a sequel of remake or some such would have been done by now. Some alien army would be chock full of murder machines if Call of Duty and other FPS's were actually recruiting programs...

Gestalt

Postby [omega] » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Sledgehama wrote:I was a big Last Starfighter fan as a kid - even tried making a Gunstar, though was never too successful, possibly due to the fact that I was making it out of popcorn buckets. Still wish someone would make a toy of that.

You'd think that, given the rise in drone warfare and gaming, a sequel of remake or some such would have been done by now. Some alien army would be chock full of murder machines if Call of Duty and other FPS's were actually recruiting programs...

I too was a big fan of this movie.
Even trying to clock space invader games at the shops , hoping that I would be recruited in the same way :lol: :lol:

I used toilet rolls to make my Gunstar :D and fight them against my army men :D

Gestalt

Postby Sledgehama » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:42 pm

[omega] wrote:I used toilet rolls to make my Gunstar and fight them against my army men

Hmm - popcorn bucket Gunstar vs toilet roll Gunstar. There's a movie I'd pay to see :)

Next

Return to Pop Culture Fandom