WHO DID U TRANSFORM TODAY ..

Can't find anywhere else to put your thread regarding TF's? Simply post it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Princess

Re: WHO DID U TRANSFORM TODAY ..

Postby Mr_Ash » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:35 am

The Drit mold is quality. What were the other two that got you hooked on plastic robots?
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Heroic Autobot

Postby soak314 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:05 am

Mr_Ash wrote:The Drit mold is quality. What were the other two that got you hooked on plastic robots?

This skinny guy and PRiD Arcee. I'd end up getting far better tf's later on, but I think they set the standard for the mix of ease and complexity I'd like in a transformation.

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:14 am

MP05 Megs. Without instructions and it didn't take me forever.

Alt mode is his best mode but really looking forward to Apolloyon X.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:54 am

soak314 wrote:Image

My very first collector figure. Part of a gif set of the original three toys that set me on this slippery slope (spoilers: they were all excellent transfomers).

This is the same toy that got me seriously back into TF collecting too. After that it was Generations Red Alert and since then it hasn't stopped.

I was totally surprised at how brilliant the articulation was and the heft of the figure. It also reminded me of Turbomaster Boss which was a childhood fave so that probably helped.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:55 pm

head swapped xarron and foc bruticus 1 screw easy to do now I have the wreckers and there combined mode lol.
So teqnicly I transformed the combatacons lol

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Been transforming the CW core robots lately and swapping the wave-1 limb-bots around for fun. Needless to say, these are very fun toys.

I also found my Legends Starscream and tried to work out how to fit him onto Prime's super mode chest. The Legend Commander Seekers are clearly not designed as chest plates, but once you figure out how to get them on, the difference it makes to the torso proportions of the super mode is simply amazing. Definitely works better than the standard chest.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

Headmaster

Postby Devcon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 am

MP starsaber - very interesting transformation and yet so simple. If or I should say, when they make Leo sabre, the combined mode is going to be massive!

Also been transforming the cw aerialbots. At first I was a bit disappointed with the feel of the figure and how light it was compared to your traditional chug figure. Chug had a lot more detail involved in the transformation but after combining them to superion, I can see why. Very reminiscent of g1 and it kind of reminded me of scramble city especially with drag strip added to the fold.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:55 pm

Transformed Movie Jetfire after a year in storage. I forgot how tricky and fiddly this figure is....

Transforming the old figures just gave the right transformers hit. :lol:

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Hot Spot, Streetwise, Rook, First Aid, Blade and Groove all got opened and transformed to vehicle and then combined

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed May 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Profesor modeImage

This toys arms are a major letdown
Edit: this is my lil monsters toy
Last edited by omegaprime on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Wed May 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Speaking of the new RID line, I've just been transforming the Nemesis/Scourge version of Rid Prime (ala Star Convoy). Overall it's quite a good toy with great detail and a relatively simple transformation. All this is ruined slightly once you get to the shoulders. They only allow one axis of rotation. Think Micromaster/Minicon shoulders. Kind of wastes the otherwise fantastic joints at the hips and the ball joints for the elbows and knees.

Vehicle mode's not bad, but just don't look at it from the top. Yeah, having visible robot legs does break the illusion a bit.

Still, not bad. However cutting corners has cost it quite a bit. I think I may avoid the rest of the original items in this series.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:13 am

These guys.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Played around with FOC Bruticus today, I really like the FOC look. Cybertronian versions but with G1 inspiration. I think I like their vehicle modes the best

Sadly there are a few too many "is it meant to go this way, ehhhh ouch ok it didnt snap but that didnt sound healthy" moments.
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Heroic Autobot

Postby TrickyFingersNZ » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:39 pm

IDW Voyager Sandstorm and Springer, about 5 times each. Trying to figure out how I'm gonna paint these bad boys.

KO Oversized Leader Class AOE Hound. This guy is amazing quality!!!

Human Alliance Jazz, Soundwave, Mudflap and Skids.

AOE Snarl, Strafe, Scorn, Slug and LC Grimlock. Not sure if I'll ever get around to painting these ones though.

Mini-Con

Postby Goldimus Prime » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:26 pm

MP Ultra Magnus. Nearly every couple days for two months now. Can't stop moving him from truck to robot and back again. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else TF