DO ANY OF US ACTUALLY READ COMICS WE OWN??

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

Minibot

Postby Snakeeyes » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:57 pm

yes, over and over and over again when me bord and i still dont know why i do :? :? :? , like the meaning of life ... i dont know ... please inlighten me oh primus :wink:
'Me Grimlock, me not think of that'

Evil Decepticon

Re: DO ANY OF US ACTUALLY READ COMICS WE OWN??

Postby Veg » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:17 pm

SOUNDBLASTER wrote:I don't really.... I might start reading them so we can get this comic discussion thread up and going... (D)

Yes I cannot get enough of Brad Meltzers runs on comics. I've ordered Green Arrow: Archers Quest and I'm going to order Identity Crisis soon. His run on JLA has been so good I don't want issue 12 to come out ever.

Heroic Autobot

Postby barricade252525 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:52 pm

i actually find it hard to get tf comics so i dont have any of them. But i have some x- men comics, spider-man and a few duel masters. Oh and i also have alot of star wars.But i have a tonfull of manga including alot of dragon ball z and naruto with some random astro boy ,zatch bell and bleach.I have been wanting to get full metal alchemist manga for some time now but i decided it was a waste of money since ive already watched all the anime.

OOps stupid me i do have one transformers energon and i have read war and peace vol 1 and generation 1 vol 1 since my high school (selwyn college) has a lot of comics in their library.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Ramjet » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:10 am

I read the comics I buy. It might take me awhile but I do get to them. :wink:

Currently my reading pile is:
Beastwars Omnibus
All Hail Megtron TPB
Infiltration 1 - 6
Escalation TPB
Sixshot Spotlight

Heroes for Sale here in Palmy has been giving me a good quantity of TF comics to pick from
"The Universe cowered once at the name of Megatron and it shall do so again!"

Headmaster City

Postby s4turn » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 pm

i only just got my first TF comic.. mind you I cant be bothered reading it :P

Evil Decepticon

Postby Ramjet » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Which one was it?

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:56 pm

i own two comics WATCHMEN and TF War Within. i've read both of them at least once. i wouldnt bother buying a comic if i didnt think i was ever going to get around to reading it, i've looked at getting '300' and the 'sin city' comic but just couldnt imagen finshing them (gut feeling)
besides theres far better things i could spend my $$ on :)
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

Evil Decepticon

Postby Ramjet » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:47 am

Well If the Sin City comic is as good as the movie then I could see myself enjoying it. Personally I thought the movie was very cool and very funny.

Comics work really well for me because I have trouble visualising what I'm reading, so I find having the images on the page as well as the text increases my enjoyment of the story.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Jetfirerussell » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:26 pm

I have a small collection of comics, and have read most of them, mainly because some of the ones I don't have are issues part way into a series so makes the the story gues work. some of my collection consists of:
2/3 of the Original US G1 Marvel series
War within parts 1 & 2
AHM
IDW series (half)
Megatron origins
Target 2006
Hearts of steel
Spotlights
Movie and ROTF
DW Gen1
My favourites The IDW (infiltration, devastation etc..) and the firts half of AHM.

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:28 am

SOUNDBLASTER wrote:DO ANY OF US ACTUALLY READ COMICS WE OWN??

Yes, yes I do. I only seal them in bag and board after I get the trade. That way, I have as much TF knowledge as I can possibly get a hold of. Also, the bad and boards in the Comic Factory, a comic shop I fequent because it's next to my college, are inferior, so ideally I want to take them out.

Gestalt

Postby Rodimus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:08 pm

at times ill have a time where I am constantly reading them then I move onto something else I really want to get back to reading the batman series but unsure on the whole incorporated storyline, I haven,t touched ongoing since issue 13 but have been tempted lately to catch up, I have started reading the dark of the moon prequel Rising storm recently aswell.

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:12 am

Rodimus wrote:I haven,t touched ongoing since issue 13 but have been tempted lately to catch up

If they ever made a song about what killed G1 forever, Mike Costa's name would be the chorus in that song.

Gestalt

Postby Dr Syn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:56 pm

I've all but given up on buying the G1 comics, AHM was the start and the ongoing hasn't held a candle to the Infiltration - Maxium Dinobots story lines. I really liked what Furman was doing. Only The Last Stand of the Wreckers has been the exception, that was total quality.

However, idw's Movie stuff is pretty good. Depending on your artwork pref, I rather enjoy Carlos Magno's art and the DotM prequel/tie in comics are excellent.

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

The writer for the movie comics is good, I added him on facebook because of his talent. Magno, I think, is a terrible artist who draws worse than Frank Miller. His art style is not toy accurate and it's difficult to make out what he's drawing. I prefer other artists like Milne and Figueroa to do the movie comics.

Pretender

Postby Grandmaster » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:52 pm

IamLegendaryAntiHero wrote:The writer for the movie comics is good, I added him on facebook because of his talent. Magno, I think, is a terrible artist who draws worse than Frank Miller. His art style is not toy accurate and it's difficult to make out what he's drawing. I prefer other artists like Milne and Figueroa to do the movie comics.

Frank Miller is awesome, what are you on dude? His work on Batman, Ronin & Wolverine was excellent. His "art style" is that ART! If you want toy accurate art then you shouldn't be reading titles that he pens. :roll:
My lego creations on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72062810@N08/

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion