IDW COMICS

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:09 am

jiptravolta wrote:is there a link so we can see some of the artwork in the first issue?

Here you go...

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=7704

It's not the wow-fest of Dreamwave, so far, but it's interesting. A little more marvel-ly.

Child of Primus

Postby onslaught86 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:39 pm

At $2.50, I'd quite like the Megs cover..but I just got back from town, so there's nothing near me. :(

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:05 am

onslaught86 wrote:At $2.50, I'd quite like the Megs cover..but I just got back from town, so there's nothing near me. :(

I could see if there's still one left here if you want, but it'd cost you an extra 80 cents postage!

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:49 am

onslaught86 wrote:At $2.50, I'd quite like the Megs cover..but I just got back from town, so there's nothing near me. :(

i can check comic compulsion or whatever for you if you want, just grab it off me if you come to the toy fair next week

Child of Primus

Postby onslaught86 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:52 am

i can check comic compulsion or whatever for you if you want, just grab it off me if you come to the toy fair next week

Ooh, yes please. :)

And cheers for the offer, Sooty.

Gestalt

Re: IDW COMICS

Postby kevman12 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:11 pm

I want to buy IDW collection Vol. 1. Any thoughts on Megatron Origins?

Also anyone wanting to sell there IDW collection Volumes 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8?

Was thinking of trying it out here before I try my luck on Ebay, Amazon or Book Depository.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 pm

kevman12 wrote:I want to buy IDW collection Vol. 1. Any thoughts on Megatron Origins?

Also anyone wanting to sell there IDW collection Volumes 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8?

Was thinking of trying it out here before I try my luck on Ebay, Amazon or Book Depository.

Megatron Origins is the 1st series in terms of IDWs timeline.
A couple flashback scenes predate it, but it's pretty much THE starting point for Cybertron's uprising and subsequent civil war.

Must have if you want to see the full picture.. especially if you want to know whats going on in Megatrons head in the current More than meets the eye series.

Pretty much all of IDW is strong with the weakest links being:
Transformers / Avengers cross over: 'nuff said
Heart of Darkness: Art + Story is awful and _almost_ not part of the canon its so weird
Bumblebee #1-4: IMO lame art + weak story
"Transformers" #1 -#6: Story and most the art is good BUT the faces the artist drawers BUG the hell out of me. Personal preference here but worth noting :P
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Astellan11 wrote:Megatron Origins is the 1st series in terms of IDWs timeline.
A couple flashback scenes predate it, but it's pretty much THE starting point for Cybertron's uprising and subsequent civil war.

Must have if you want to see the full picture.. especially if you want to know whats going on in Megatrons head in the current More than meets the eye series.

Thanks! That pretty much made me tip over the line. Hmmm... Now have to save then the fun starts, ebay, Amazon... First world problems - choices, choices, choices. Funny how I think about comics and toys while other folks are living like $1.50 a day. Hmmm... Does ADs on do the Famine are working.

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Read book 1 and 2 of Megatron Origins. A bit late for me yes I know - but wouldn't it be epic if Megatron got Leader Class or Voyager class figure of him on the mines?

Just found a new respect for the old bad guy. Its like rich folk stepping on the weak or say Automated robots taking over daily jobs and normal folk getting angry. It really is a classic - guy isn't a bad guy, some prick pushed the right buttons and the anger inside ignites.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:45 pm

kevman12 wrote:Read book 1 and 2 of Megatron Origins. A bit late for me yes I know - but wouldn't it be epic if Megatron got Leader Class or Voyager class figure of him on the mines?

Just found a new respect for the old bad guy. Its like rich folk stepping on the weak or say Automated robots taking over daily jobs and normal folk getting angry. It really is a classic - guy isn't a bad guy, some prick pushed the right buttons and the anger inside ignites.

I know what you mean just started these and its like oh yeh he has a point, the development is great.

Looking forward to getting through more, think Im through devastation in this line then will move onto the two new main lines. Is nice work
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Dam, almost up to date with these and its soooooooo good. So much deeper character development wise than I'd ever imagined

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Finally up to date, what a glorious 2 months it has been.

Would really recommend the series to everyone, such amazing developments that has refined my favourites further.

Will have to ignore it for a few months to build up a stockpile again

Pretender

Postby MAULER666 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Nero wrote:Finally up to date, what a glorious 2 months it has been.

Would really recommend the series to everyone, such amazing developments that has refined my favourites further.

I've only ever read bits just enough to fill some gaps in but mega cool for sure. Have you been buying them? Or reading online man?
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:22 pm

MAULER666 wrote:
Nero wrote:Finally up to date, what a glorious 2 months it has been.

I've only ever read bits just enough to fill some gaps in but mega cool for sure. Have you been buying them? Or reading online man?

Reading online, you should go through IDW collection then go through the two recent series of MTMTE & RID, very good but they have a weird mixed story line cause theres cross overs every so often.

I just had to do it after some CW toyline figures came with spoilers hahah

Pretender

Postby MAULER666 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Cool man, where do you go to read them? Hook me up bro. 8)
My list of gimmees:
G1 Vortex
G2 Snarl
G1 Fireflight

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion