IDW COMICS

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

Heroic Autobot

Re: IDW COMICS

Postby Nero » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:11 am

I use old kickass torrents to grab them, bad I know but one day once Im earning Ill go back and buy some of the definitive editions.

This gets you from start to almost current: https://kat.cr/transformers-idw-collect ... 32179.html

Their reading order is good until the windblade comics and when you get current use this to get the right order: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tran ... Publishing)#Chronological_Comic_Order

You can use comic readers on pc or if you have an apple device use 'comicflow'

Start to finish is good but if you're impatient then jump forward to 'the death of optimus prime'

Happy reading Mauler and anyone else that rises to the challenge
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Heroic Autobot

Postby TrickyFingersNZ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:35 am

Nero wrote:I use old kickass torrents to grab them, bad I know but one day once Im earning Ill go back and buy some of the definitive editions.

This gets you from start to almost current: https://kat.cr/transformers-idw-collect ... 32179.html

Their reading order is good until the windblade comics and when you get current use this to get the right order: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tran ... Publishing)#Chronological_Comic_Order

You can use comic readers on pc or if you have an apple device use 'comicflow'

Start to finish is good but if you're impatient then jump forward to 'the death of optimus prime'

Happy reading Mauler and anyone else that rises to the challenge

Yea I'm a bit sheepish to admit it but I did the same, downloaded the entire collection as well as all the classics and pretty much every other TF comic in one or two large torrents. The IDW stuff is great so far.

Did some research and went with ComicRack to read them which seems really good.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:55 am

It just gets better and better, I think Megatron has become a contender for one of my favourites. They really flesh him out, a lot more than O Prime gets too

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:14 pm

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ers/33474/

I know its just going to be a small story arch but I wouldnt mind if it became the 3rd continued line of comics after TFs and MTMTE.

Definitely going to be some interesting stories told in this one, very morally grey and lots of questions

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:55 am

Anyone keeping up with these still?

Looks like some interesting stuff is starting to happening, building up the background before the 'titans return' run kicks off.

Also some very very very interesting news being shared about our buddy Grimlock, dun dun dun! Talk about keeping ya hooked

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:17 am

i recon they need to down play grimlock still but slowly bring him more forward im still convenced after titian wars there will be something like rise of the primatives, we are already seeing beast planet like creatures though out the whole story the other dinobots got there own little story as well and a extra thing or two not going to post spoilers, also the rise of the primatives will make a great toy line and it makes sense as its the biggest gap in the classics collection toy wise at least

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 pm

The rise of the primatives makes sense even with the Combiner Wars toyline as I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss out on getting Abominus out there and maybe even Monstructor. So pulling it together more does make sense, we may even get it a bit before Titans.

I hadnt thought about that possibility but makes sense now that I think about it.

The Dinobots special 'redemption' has built up that possibility a wee bit by fleshing them out character wise.

But it could go in any direction at this stage.

Very excited to see where it goes, just hoping that this new arc isnt as lackluster as combiner wars

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 am

If anyone is just lurking through the comics forum wondering whether or not to begin reading, take the words of Shia LaBeouf and "JUST DO IT"

Seriously the latest issue of MTMTE was tremendously amazing, no spoilers but wham right in the feels

And they've started the mini-series 'Sins of the Wreckers' in full sprint and its looking like there will be a lot of chaos, many revelations on what the wreckers actually got up to and continuing to blur the line between sides and where good ends and bad begins.

VERY EXCITING times, get into it.

I will continue to pester and post until we get a bit more dialogue and interest here

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:23 pm

I've been thinking about the last issue of MTMTE with the scavengers, and I reckon I know what happened to Grimlock

How do I do spoiler tags?
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Stik wrote:I've been thinking about the last issue of MTMTE with the scavengers, and I reckon I know what happened to Grimlock

How do I do spoiler tags?

:o I would love to hear your thoughts on it

We could create a new comics discussion thread titled "SPOILERS IDW Discussion" or something similar.

Ive never seen any spoiler tags being used so unless someone lets us know we should go with option A

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Yeah I don't believe we have a spoiler tag set, other times I've seen people make the txt small and try to blend the colour with the background. I'd say just make a thread with spoilers. :)
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:26 pm

skydemolisher wrote:Yeah I don't believe we have a spoiler tag set, other times I've seen people make the txt small and try to blend the colour with the background. I'd say just make a thread with spoilers. :)

Done, now we can discuss all the loops, hoops and twists.

Anyone else up to date can jump in, hopefully we dont spoil it for any one

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:31 pm

The editor at IDW said in an interview that they've got a 'deviations' mini series coming up, with 'what if' scenarios, including the following:

Ghostbusters: “In a world… where the Ghostbusters NEVER crossed streams!”
G.I. JOE: “In a world… where COBRA turns the table on G.I. JOE.”
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: “In a world… where Shredder leads the Turtles.”
Transformers: “In a world… where Optimus Prime never died!”
The X-Files: “In a world… where young Fox Mulder was abducted by aliens!”

A world where O.Prime never died? Very interesting, wonder what that could change and if theyre going with comic, tv, movie, or what media death theyll choose. I think the 80s movie death would be a good one to what if swaperoo would mean no Rodimus and alter the tv series after

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Ohhhhh Yeh, its gonna be what if Prime doesn't die in the 86 movie.

The interview says he, hot rod and starscream will be main focus.

Wonder how far into the tv series they'll take the what if scenario.

Very excited about this, got too excited yesterday and posted speculation before full story came out.

Will try moderate my excitement levels more team

Previous

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion