*SPOILERS* IDW Comics Discussion *SPOILERS*

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

Heroic Autobot

Re: *SPOILERS* IDW Comics Discussion *SPOILERS*

Postby Nero » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:45 pm

SKY LYNX IS BACK!!! Its starting to smell like Combiner Wars II The Combinining, there's been a few more mentions of the enigma so wonder where its going.

Also looks like they may have something super duper special in store for each comics 50th issue.

Lastly, just had the thought the other day. Didn't Megatron's latest body have combiner capabilities for when he was still playing around with Devastator and kicking it with the Cons. Wonder whether this will come back into play at some point, either during Combiner Wars stuff with him turning back (would be severely disappointed if he does after all the build up).

BUT if him and O.Prime got their combine on that would likely break the internet and my mind. Likely won't happen. However, the fact that Megatron has combiner capabilities has my mind and heart hoping for something to happen there
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Nero wrote:SKY LYNX IS BACK!!! Its starting to smell like Combiner Wars II The Combinining, there's been a few more mentions of the enigma so wonder where its going.

Also looks like they may have something super duper special in store for each comics 50th issue.

Lastly, just had the thought the other day. Didn't Megatron's latest body have combiner capabilities for when he was still playing around with Devastator and kicking it with the Cons. Wonder whether this will come back into play at some point, either during Combiner Wars stuff with him turning back (would be severely disappointed if he does after all the build up).

BUT if him and O.Prime got their combine on that would likely break the internet and my mind. Likely won't happen. However, the fact that Megatron has combiner capabilities has my mind and heart hoping for something to happen there

Im not sure if he still has combiner abilities - his internal organs are all messed up with wormholes from when he was a dark universe portal. but we havent OFFICIALLY been told he cant combine anymore, so ya never know
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:41 am

So looks like we will get skids back story before joining the lost light explained more.
I suspect tarn / roller gives him some autobot Intel or bad news but he can't remember it after the failed assassination attempt on tyrest and subsequently shooting himself with the nudge gun.
Skids works with roller in the shadow play flashbacks so he would remember him and be able to trust him.

Dunno what the reveal will be though. Maybe an autobot mole (other than brainstorm)
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:31 am

Is tarn confirmed to be roller?

And I just read that Getaway has a NZ accent. So our bot is a jerk. Sad lol.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 am

There are multiple hints that Tarn is Roller - but I suspect that it isn't the case, as the books are more written along the lines of "go back with new information and the scene changes context" as opposed to "blatantly obvious hint".

I suspect that Tarn is simply a generic or new decepticon we havent seen much of, although I personally would love him to turn out to be someone completely random like alternate universe mirage from his spotlight.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Stik wrote:There are multiple hints that Tarn is Roller - but I suspect that it isn't the case, as the books are more written along the lines of "go back with new information and the scene changes context" as opposed to "blatantly obvious hint".

I suspect that Tarn is simply a generic or new decepticon we havent seen much of, although I personally would love him to turn out to be someone completely random like alternate universe mirage from his spotlight.

Tarn isn't 100% confirmed to be roller. If Tarn is just a bad guy and the only autobot mole in the DJD was previous, now dead Vos, then what do you guys think Tarn does to Skids?
Tortures him some and now Skids is suppressing that memory? Dunno how that would pan out?
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:31 pm

With Skids recognising Tarns voice thats definitely something interesting, wonder where theyll go with that. Does add some more speculation points for the roller theory

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:31 pm

I want it on record that I am 100% against the fact that Tarn is Roller.

Im honestly curious to see if past Tarn is current Tarn.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:37 am

Really enjoying the added level of dark that sins of the wreckers is bringing, checking out all the post war realities for them that Im sure are running huge parallels to current military after several big wars winding down. Its getting deep, dark and gloomy; which is working really well.

And BOOM the beasts are back in town, may be a tie in for beast wars anniversary, maybe?

Headmaster

Postby Devcon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:02 am

Stik wrote:There are multiple hints that Tarn is Roller - but I suspect that it isn't the case, as the books are more written along the lines of "go back with new information and the scene changes context" as opposed to "blatantly obvious hint".

never would've guessed that one.
I thought Tarn was working with megs in the mines when he used to recite his poems?

Still would like to know what happened to roller though as he was orions right hand man, possible back story there somewhere?
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:28 am

You guys up to date?

The latest MTMTE was quite good, a bit rushed but the ending having Megatron renounce violence and become purely a pascifist is taking his development way further than I thought it would.

In the back of my mind Im wondering what hes got planned or where this is going, but I do hope they stick with this version of Megatron. Hes a million times more interesting than hes ever been, seeing his reasoning for what he did and his realisations on how badly he messed up. Deep stuff

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:15 pm

I just hope that there is a direction for it. I hate when writers do something for shock, awe, ratings and then have no where to go with it. You see it most in TV when someone becomes pregnant and its like 'Oh my, this is juicy, what will happen next?' And then it is resolved and they are left with a baby and don't know what to do with it.

I'm talking about YOU Walking Dead!

or...

Marvel - We will make Cyclops crazy and totally opposite to his character. Ok thats over, now what?

or...

Lets 'invert' Iron man, sabre tooth and Havok! and then forget about it. Sabre tooth can stay inverted because we killed Wolverine. but we will just grab another Wolverine too. Iron Man will somehow revert himself because he is the Marvel version of Batman. Havok will do absolutely nothing and be a complete waste of everyones time.

At least Superior Spider-man felt planned out and had an end game. (Marvel rant over, sorry for hijacking).
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Gestalt

Postby Windbreaker » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:11 am

Still need to catch up with Sins and RID, but gosh darn am I excited for MTMTE #50. What a special milestone for a Transformers comic.

Nero wrote:In the back of my mind Im wondering what hes got planned or where this is going, but I do hope they stick with this version of Megatron. Hes a million times more interesting than hes ever been, seeing his reasoning for what he did and his realisations on how badly he messed up. Deep stuff

This. It's turned out to be a fantastic way of exploring the character, the Decepticon ethos and dark events during the war. I'd be thrilled if the IDW-verse sticks with this Megatron, or a Megatron that continues to learn from and build on this foundation. On the flip side, if Megatron was to compromise his ideals once again he could self-destruct rather spectacularly. I imagine Roberts has a firm plan in mind for him. I hear that he's already written the final line of the series!

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:39 pm

:o :o :o

Super what if scenario, but what if the end of the series has megatron become chosen by the matrix to become a prime after some battle where he tries to save O.Prime?

Then it almost comes full circle in that he sought that prior to his fall but comes to earn and gets the standard prime guilt and doubt but is just a full on super good guy.

I think I wouldn't be able to handle him falling again, especially considering all the fleshing out of his motivations and realizations. Definitely my favourite autobot

Micromaster

Postby Leo_Convoy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:26 am

Guys...

I just read MTMtE #50.

I'm really worried...and intrigued...and in need of more!

I have to see how team Rodimus (may) manage to get out of this bind and should they do so, then return to the LL, read what their approach will be to the crew still on board. To find out what implications the epilogue will have to their situation and if we're in for another cross-over soon.

Also found the fan letters to be quite touching.
Megatron - You are either LYING, or STUPID!
Starscream - I'M STUPID! I'M STUPID!

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion