The 'I love MTMTE' thread

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

Heroic Autobot

Re: The 'I love MTMTE' thread

Postby Nero » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Goldimus Prime wrote:Those 2009 Don Figueroa issues are the ones with the movie-face inspired art. The transformers all have weird seams, creases, lips, overly detailed mechanical irises. I still think he's an excellent draftsmen, but those faces just couldn't have been less fitting to the "classics" style robots. I appreciate his efforts to reinvent and integrate the two styles, it just didn't work for me.

I've been going to the Wellington Library to read the back issues. They have the TPB's from that era of the ongoing, and "Chaos Theory"--the story that segues between those Don Figueroa stories and sets up the "Death of Optimus Prime", and thus, the current ongoings--is particularly good. There's a really great conversation between Optimus Prime and Megatron concerning the escalation of the war, and their personal motivations/rivalry. That particular volume is co-scripted by James Roberts, of MTMTE.

The death of optimus prime is great, it gets better as you go and the development between the two almost gets to a level where its kind of an understanding like batman and the joker have, Ill just leave that vague hint there and wait for you to catch up :D
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Previous

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion