The 'I love MTMTE' thread

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

Evil Decepticon

Re: The 'I love MTMTE' thread

Postby Astellan11 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Mr_Ash wrote:
Astellan11 wrote:I think Trepan = shadowplayed Vos.
Anyone else thinking the same thing?

Trepan was killed a long time ago by Megatron after being trying to to shadowplay Soundwave (MTMTE #14)

Thats the official story, I think he got shadowplayed so hard he forgot how to speak, and now can only speak the ancient cybertronian tongue. :)
Also we know Chromedome was Trepans student and his past is full of dark secret thingies.
Perhaps he erased Trepans mind, and turning an already psycho member of the Institute into a full blown mute DJD murderer is one of his regrets.
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Evil Decepticon

Postby GuanYu79 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 am

Starscream NZ. I bought, I read, I loved. Good recommendation there. My only gripe which is small is that it has a lot of characters that I am unfamiliar with. Yes I admit I'm a huge Prime fan and would love to see more of him and many of the other G1 characters. It's nice to get to know these new ones but some old are always nice. Who is that psychologist guy by the way

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:44 pm

GuanYu79 wrote:Starscream NZ. I bought, I read, I loved. Good recommendation there. My only gripe which is small is that it has a lot of characters that I am unfamiliar with. Yes I admit I'm a huge Prime fan and would love to see more of him and many of the other G1 characters. It's nice to get to know these new ones but some old are always nice. Who is that psychologist guy by the way

Pretty much everyone on the Lost Light is a G1 character. The only ones that aren't, are new creations (such as the DJD, Pharma and Rung, the psychiatrist). Any new character introduced was done so as there were no pre-existing characters in TF lore that fit the required personality/profile. Hence these characters got introduced.

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:15 am

So I saw a message on another site saying that the new leader megatron can have an autobot symbol. I thought this was weird and decided to hit tfwiki to see why.
This directed me to mtmte. I'm not a big comic reader and have had no interest in the transformers stuff but I thought why not and bought the digital copy of the latest arc with megatron on the lost light.

I enjoyed it.

Two weeks later and I have bought every available volume on comixology and see what you have been raving about.

I think I've gone on record before saying that I didn't really rate the last stand of the wreckers but I completely enjoy this series.

I like the use of smaller name characters and they way they interact with each other. Particular enjoy skids and even rodimus. Ultra Magnus is the only one I'm not thinking much of but still think he is cool.

Problem is now I wanna get the characters in plastic form. I'm far to susceptible to hasbro's clever subliminal marketing.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:10 pm

I've been reading all of IDW comics in order, and am currently up to Devastation mini series
A ways to go until I get to MTMTE and RID however - waiting on sales

Pretender

Postby Antonio Handsome » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:57 pm

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

MTMTE and RID in a Humble Bundle - no excuse not to read now!
i am great at signatures

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Latest issue was full of great character moments!

At least now we know when Ratchet takes off.

Also Ten is going to be a lot of fans new favorite character.. me included.
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Mon May 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Just nearing the end of the IDW collection, which means I am about to start this or RID.

From what Ive heard theyre relatively separate but parallel storylines, with some crossovers.

Whats your lot's advice on reading them? Read separate or read in the suggested order by IDW with 4-5 of each and alternating between?
Soundwave superior. Autobots inferior

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Sat May 23, 2015 1:53 pm

If I was going to get back into the comics...where best to start? Background: I read all of Dreamwave, loved them, ongoing was awesome, was so bummed when that all finished. Tried to get into the first IDW's, but didn't like the artwork as much and just didn't care. If I was going to try again, where best to go?

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sat May 23, 2015 2:19 pm

mr_sooty wrote:If I was going to get back into the comics...where best to start? Background: I read all of Dreamwave, loved them, ongoing was awesome, was so bummed when that all finished. Tried to get into the first IDW's, but didn't like the artwork as much and just didn't care. If I was going to try again, where best to go?

Easiest would be to jump in at th one shot "Death Of Optimus Prime" which sets up the two current ongoing series 'More Than Meets The Eye' and 'Robots In Disguise'.
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Sat May 23, 2015 2:32 pm

See now if I knew that Don Figueroa was back on board I would have been right back on it. 'The Transformers' 2009 seems to be when he jumped on in there. Need some of that! Can't find a digital download though. Also would be keen to find this: http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/tr ... y-edition/

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sat May 23, 2015 3:06 pm

mr_sooty wrote:See now if I knew that Don Figueroa was back on board I would have been right back on it. 'The Transformers' 2009 seems to be when he jumped on in there. Need some of that! Can't find a digital download though. Also would be keen to find this: http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/tr ... y-edition/

Kickass torrents has numerous TF comics download links for the idw and new split series

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Sat May 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Hmm, tried to sign up, they wanted my credit card.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Nero » Sat May 23, 2015 5:01 pm

mr_sooty wrote:Hmm, tried to sign up, they wanted my credit card.

Really? Thats weird.

Give this a go: https://kat.cr/transformers-idw-collect ... 32179.html

Has IDW collection through up to pretty recent, Ive been chipping my way through it. Like anything theres good and bad but mostly good and very interesting to see familiar faces with much more depth

Mini-Con

Postby Goldimus Prime » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Those 2009 Don Figueroa issues are the ones with the movie-face inspired art. The transformers all have weird seams, creases, lips, overly detailed mechanical irises. I still think he's an excellent draftsmen, but those faces just couldn't have been less fitting to the "classics" style robots. I appreciate his efforts to reinvent and integrate the two styles, it just didn't work for me.

I've been going to the Wellington Library to read the back issues. They have the TPB's from that era of the ongoing, and "Chaos Theory"--the story that segues between those Don Figueroa stories and sets up the "Death of Optimus Prime", and thus, the current ongoings--is particularly good. There's a really great conversation between Optimus Prime and Megatron concerning the escalation of the war, and their personal motivations/rivalry. That particular volume is co-scripted by James Roberts, of MTMTE.

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion