The 'I love MTMTE' thread

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Re: The 'I love MTMTE' thread

Postby Starscream NZ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:40 pm

Oh yes, I am reading both series as they are released. Can't say I was at all thrilled by the art in the most recent RiD, but it'll be curious to see how Orion reacts to Cybertron when they get home. The times they are a changin'!

Gestalt

Postby invisiblemoose » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Starscream NZ wrote:Oh yes, I am reading both series as they are released. Can't say I was at all thrilled by the art in the most recent RiD, but it'll be curious to see how Orion reacts to Cybertron when they get home. The times they are a changin'!

It took me a LONG time to warm up to RiD - before it was revealed that Prowl was being mind-controlled, I just assumed the writer was writing him and Arcee as psychopaths, and really wasn't enjoying it. I'm glad I have stuck with it though - it still doesn't have a shade on MTMTE but at least it's not just the story of a pack of raving arseholes being jerks to each other.

MTMTE, to me, basically justifies being a fan of Transformers fiction. It's the best it's ever been. Ever. Animated and Beast Wars were pretty damn good in their own ways, but this series. Holy jeeze.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Well.

That wasn't the ending I expected for MTMTE #20. Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. Between MTMTE and Breaking Bad, i've had enough cliffhangers to last me a lifetime!

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:28 pm

If anyone's is interested I've got almost all the series' so far as digital versions if any body knows an easy way to share them.
I also buy all the TPB when they come out, the hardcover "collections " are awesome, but the smaller TPB are much easier to digest.... I've started collecting both :-|
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Pretender

Postby Grandmaster » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Ok, I don't know why it has taken me so long to read this series. It is fantastic!!!!
My lego creations on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72062810@N08/

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:35 pm

I've only read the pack in comics from the toys and while Bee and Megs were average Orion and Trailcutter were amazing. Like, amazing amazing.

I should look into getting tpb's or something. Not a fan of reading them on a computer screen.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Mighty Ape have the collected volumes, I got mine from there and am so glad I have both digital and physical copies of MTMTE! Totally worthy of a double purchase.

Gestalt

Postby invisiblemoose » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Alternatively, support your friendly local comic shop! Provided your profile stating you're in Wellington you can go to Graphic Comics! I've always enjoyed the service I've received there whenever I've visited Wellington so you're in good hands if you do go there.

Also good news for you Deflok as the Orion and Trailcutter books were actually written by the guy who writes More Than Meets The Eye. The Trailcutter issue is even set with the same cast as MTMTE as well!

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Graphic don't seem to have them. I didn't ask, mind, but they weren't visible on their shelf. The other problem is the price... I used to buy dozens of comics a week before giving that up (from there) but it works out so much cheaper to order from the net. Not the best example but Pulsar Max has some TF TPB's for around $70-150 which is ridiculous.

Headmaster City

Postby Damolisher » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:13 pm

I love both serieses, it's just a shame Pulsar Max stopped getting my monthly subscription in for some reason.
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Those prices sound a tad extortionate I can't think of any TF collected comic worth that much. Except perhaps those collected IDW series which has pretty much their entire back catalogue of TF comics.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:58 am

Late to the party here but OMGOSH these comics are great.

I've read everything that IDW's published with transformers.

All hail megatron + RID + MTMTE + LSOTW are by far the best transformers stories of any media to date!

I just LOVE Devastator's story arc so far.
And the Rewind/Overlord scene nearly brought me to tears.
Oh so did the Tailgate reveal / Cyclonus scene... god damn these books are sweet!!
Wanted:
Mint "Euro g1" / g2 anything
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:15 am

Spoilers:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... on-179087/

Check out the cover for MTMTE # 28... wow!
Wanted:
aka Turbomasters, Predators, Obliterators, Axelerators, Skyscorchers, Aquaspeeders, Stormtroopers, Lightformers

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:59 am

OK, I really want to get on the bandwagon as it all sounds so awesome. To catch up what do I need to read? The only thing post Dreamwave I've read/own is LSOTW.

Evil Decepticon

Postby Astellan11 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 am

Mr.Deflok wrote:OK, I really want to get on the bandwagon as it all sounds so awesome. To catch up what do I need to read? The only thing post Dreamwave I've read/own is LSOTW.

Hard call there.

infiltration -> escalation -> devestation -> all hail megatron (with a few random spotlights inbetween) is a pretty good story arc.
This is the events before last stand of the wreckers.

Then theres "The transformers" 1 through 31 which ends with a rather interesting event on Cybertron.

Then The Death of Optimus prime kicks of the current 2 series, More than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise.

MTMTE is generally considered to be a better story, but RID is definitely a must read and definitely has it's great moments too.

(Kinda, missing things and not updated) full read order here:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... rders.html

TLDR;
if you dont mind being in the dark to a lot of previous events just start with these:

The Transformers: The Death of Optimus Prime
The Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #1
The Transformers: Robots in Disguise #1
Wanted:

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion