Like Transformers? Like Zombies too?

Whether it be the original Marvel comics or a debate on Pat Lee's drawings of Optimus Prime, discuss all Transformers comics here - Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and everything in-between.

Moderator: Moderators

Supreme Commander

Like Transformers? Like Zombies too?

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Then IDW has a series coming for you. INFESTATION!!!!!!!!!

I picked up a small report from IDW off the counter at Comics Compulsion. It will be a cross over series, I think split between 4 series, though maybe all in one, though I'm pretty sure its just a starter on all in one then separate for the series.

Anyways, it will be covering Transformers, Star Trek, Ghostbusters and GI Joe. Reading the short transmission from Scourge on it has me interested in the series I must say. Kinda like The Return of Optimus Prime mixed in with the Hate Plague.

The thing that also caught my eye on it is that part of it is going to written by Dan Abnett. I got introduced to his work through the Warhammer 40k series on Gideon Ravenor and I think he's a brilliant writer.

So, in conclusion, I just thought I'd share this here. I believe the starter issue is set for January. Issues #1 and #2 of Transformers is set for February 2 and 16.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Gestalt

Re: Like Transformers? Like Zombies too?

Postby invisiblemoose » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm... dubious. It looks like it'll be regular infection-type zombies as opposed to anything hate plague-esque, and I dunno how that is going to work against a bunch of robots. But hey, we'll see.

Headmaster City

Postby groverboy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Of course, if you like Transformers and Zombies, you could always watch the first couple of episodes of Masterforce.

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:42 pm

groverboy wrote:Of course, if you like Transformers and Zombies, you could always watch the first couple of episodes of Masterforce.

I haven't got that yet :cry:

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 pm

You could also watch episode 3 of Transformers: Prime for robo-zombies.
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:53 am

The chaos arc looks more promising than Infestation. I think it begins with Heart of Darkness, since that's what's out right now.

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm

**uses necromancy**

For advice I do seek... I'd really like to obtain the Transformers and Star Trek Infestation issues. I'm hoping to pick up the Ghostbusters and GI Joe issues this week, since I already own Infestation #1 and #2 and yeah, reading #1 last night I'm not even more interested.

So ideas on where to go to perhaps obtain them? As far as I'm aware they are gone here.

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:20 pm

I have found comics to be the easiest to obtain digitally.

seriously, get like an ipod or android device.

IDW currently does all its releases same day-and date, and marvel and DC are going that way

Also, its cheaper to get a current issue (like 6 bucks last I looked) and back issues are like $2.
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 pm

I have an Ipod but its not current generation upgraded so apps don't work on it... Also I'd lose all my music... And physical copies really can't be beat... Smell, feel, taste... Its all so Geekily awesome.

Return to Transformers Comics Discussion