Transformers Movie - Ratings and Reviews

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

How high do you rate the Transformers movie?

Five stars - Best. Movie. Ever.
13%
Four stars - Pretty damned awesome
55%
Three stars - It wasn't bad, wasn't great either
20%
Two stars - I didn't really like it that much
7%
One star - Michael Bay ruined my childhood =(
5%

Total votes : 75
TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm

barricade252525 wrote:cant explain why i love it so much but im giving it a 5/5. And megatron was so badass he is by far the best character in movie and best megatron ever. I have heard that if a sequel was going to be made optimus brings jazz back to life using the piece of the all spark he got from meg's chest.

Unfortunately this won't be the case. Jazz was beyond repair - and as far as we know, that piece of Allspark wouldn't be enough to re-create Jazz. Plus he was killed off because he was a high-ranked character that fans loved, in the sequel we're likely to his place over-taken by other characters.

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:08 pm

loismustdye wrote:the nokia bots, how cool were they? a psycho little phone trying to blow th e crap outta people with his tiny rockets and bullets...awesome.

Coulda done more with the de3cpticon numbers i think, 2 on one battles and so on.
Surely Jazz'll be repaired for a sequel, we cant not have Jazz.

Well Ratchet does say he's too far gone for repair... But then Megatron must come back so Jazz probably could too with the help of the cube fragment left.

It was kinda sad seeing him die... Heroic in a way but sad. And the battle damaged Jazz toy doesn't make full sense since he has what looked like a bit of blast damage on him yet I don't think at any point he got shot or came close to it.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Firstly, Jazz got thrown into some buildings by Brawl, then Megs fired his cannon at Jazz and sent him flying, so yeah he did get a bit damaged before dismemberment.

Faction Leader

Re: Transformers Movie - Ratings and Reviews

Postby Cyclonus4 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Poor Jazz (D) Haha foolish autobot
(D) STANDING TALL BEHIND YOU ALL! (D)

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 pm

good movie engoyed the story loved the fighting music was alright did not like the over use on slowmo and i didnt like the od camra angels but i liked the movie all in all

Headmaster City

Postby Damolisher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Wow, that is one insulting poll result right there.
"I'm crazy, you're crazy, the whole world's crazy. It's just to which degree you're crazy."- Terry Funk

Minibot

Postby saddestmoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Hey Peeps!

Saw the movie last night - gotta say, I enjoyed it a lot more than the first movie.

Not perfect, but actually a lot better than what I was expecting, having read a number of negative reviews.

In the end, it was a 'leave your brain at the door' flick, which was a fun ride, IMO.

:)

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:30 pm

This was for the 2007 movie guys, don't forget!

Minibot

Postby saddestmoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:54 pm

^^^ Whoops!

:oops:

my bad...

Mini-Con

Postby xclant » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Movie is good but i was disappointed in them both i mean prime is so uncharacteristic its not funny Anybody who can accept prime saying stuff like "What is with you" or Shooting a wounded deception in the head in cold blood at point blank range is not a true fan at all.... Michael bay needs to go back to transformer old school and study up a bit aside from those minor gripes not to bad...

Faction Leader

Postby Cyclonus4 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:33 am

Did anyone notice when spike was driving fox home for the first time n the whole time while the driving all side windows are bright white, like they hadn't put a background in. The rear window has a background but seemingly not the sides
(D) STANDING TALL BEHIND YOU ALL! (D)

Mini-Con

Postby Omnicron » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:13 am

I could not disagree more . the franchise has been tainted.I personally refuse to buy any merchandise associated with the movie.No arc no alpha matrix? wtf.while i did not want to see a live action version of the original movie I think there are things that should have been preserved. the arc. matrix of leadership.hotrod kup springer alpha trion Unicron. the way the autobots and decepticons came to earth by accident. I was looking forward to a live action space ship battle between the bots and cons.Imagine the asthetic of a live action unicron devouring an entire planet AWESOME!! Oh well cest le vie.

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:05 am

I thought Revenge of the Fallen was pretty great when I saw it. I don't know why all the movie critics hated it. When you consider how great the action was and how much action there was, there's no doubt this movie is on par with The Dark Knight, if not years ahead of its time. ROTF had some great concepts, it's just that Michaeal Bay had to write some of the movie's plotline because of the writer's strike.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:02 pm

IamLegendaryAntiHero wrote:I thought Revenge of the Fallen was pretty great when I saw it. I don't know why all the movie critics hated it. When you consider how great the action was and how much action there was, there's no doubt this movie is on par with The Dark Knight, if not years ahead of its time. ROTF had some great concepts, it's just that Michaeal Bay had to write some of the movie's plotline because of the writer's strike.

Please don't tell me you just compared ROTF to The Dark Knight...

Those movies are SO far apart in terms of quality it's not right to compare them.

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 pm

I think I watched Dark Knight twice, and I don't see a big gap in quality between that and ROTF. Dark Knight had action in the first and second half of the film; ROTF had lots of action from beginging to end.

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion