Transformers 5 - The Last Knight

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Autobot Commander

Transformers 5 - The Last Knight

Postby mr_sooty » Tue May 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Anybody even remotely excited about this movie? Must we suffer another of these? Oh sure, you could say 'just don't watch it', but that's not the point. The more this carries on the less chance we'll ever get a proper TF movie. So far it's been confirmed that Josh Duhamel will return as 'Generic army guy #1'. This is the only piece of news I've heard, but it says it all really doesn't it. More of the same old shit. Will I go see it? Probably. Why? Because I'm a stupid dumb arse Transformers fan. Go away Michael Bay, stop making such a mockery of this beautiful franchise. How this has been allowed to carry on for nearly a decade is beyond me. Even DC does a better job. If only Marvel still had some involvement with Transformers.

TFNZ News Crew

Re: Transformers 5 - The Last Knight

Postby omegaprime » Tue May 24, 2016 4:37 pm

the thing is this is more or less what hasbro is commeted to now, the issue with the last movies was there wasnt any bigger picture nothing to build on each movie more or less could be watched by it self and not suffer for not watching the others unlike the marvel univurse, now that they have built a story plot a start and a end a place they want to go they can now create a better story plot M bay isnt the worset director out there go look at dragon ball evolution and avatar the last airbenders real adapatation movies or better yet the recent fantastic 4 movie the bombed so hard it took dragon ball evolutions spot...

im looking forward to it why? because with out these movies our classic collections would problay not exzist and mp collections would be half the size easily, could we do with a new director a better one a reboot as well hell yes but at this point we are 10 years easily away from that happening and at that point it might be a VR movie instead as there predicted to wipe out traditional movies and after playing with VR i can see why.

as for something on the movie POSSIBLE SPOILER it looks like optimusprime is infected with dark energon...

i wish i had the spoiler tag that can hide bits of posts like serebii has lol it would also mean when i do my big posts it you dont need to load all the pictures only for the sections wanted to view

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Tue May 24, 2016 5:56 pm

omegaprime wrote:= could we do with a new director a better one a reboot as well hell yes but at this point we are 10 years easily away from that happening...

And every shitty f'n Michael Bay movie pushes it back further. You say we wouldn't have all the MP's without these movies - I don't see how BETTER movies would have hurt toy sales. I'm not wishing we never had movies at all, I'm just wishing they weren't so friggin awful.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue May 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Better movies would help but if these movies never happened we wouldn't be where we are

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Tue May 24, 2016 10:39 pm

omegaprime wrote:Better movies would help but if these movies never happened we wouldn't be where we are

Agreed. As much as I dislike bays films hasbro needs to make a shit ton of money from the licensing and toys of these films to keep the brand alive and relevant, which is far easier as these bayformer films have a far far larger appeal than the G1 style TF movie we as collectors want.
The market for bays films is bigger and far less "restrictive" than G1. There is no way a G1 based film would ever pull the sorts of numbers that paramount pictures and hasbro would want.

So, unfortunately Bay is partially resposnsible for the resurgance in transformers, and for that I'm kind of perversely thankful to him.

Maybe they could get him to take over the gi joe movies? :pray:
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Tue May 24, 2016 11:23 pm

loismustdye wrote:
omegaprime wrote:Better movies would help but if these movies never happened we wouldn't be where we are

Agreed. As much as I dislike bays films hasbro needs to make a shit ton of money from the licensing and toys of these films to keep the brand alive and relevant, which is far easier as these bayformer films have a far far larger appeal than the G1 style TF movie we as collectors want.
The market for bays films is bigger and far less "restrictive" than G1. There is no way a G1 based film would ever pull the sorts of numbers that paramount pictures and hasbro would want.

So, unfortunately Bay is partially resposnsible for the resurgance in transformers, and for that I'm kind of perversely thankful to him.

rumor has it that gi joe something called micronaughts mask and gobots are all going to be under the same universe soon called the Hasbro cinematic universe im sure i posted about it about 2 1/2 months ago but basicly we could be in for cross overs, im sure they seen how well it went for marvel and though it was a good idea, i kinda agrea from what i know of mask they could easily go with the teqnologey was taken from cybertronins, its not a far leap to involve gi joe or that there will be another planet out there with robots in it.

actualy gobots are very well not knowen but the public and is kinda a blank slate for hasbro to do anything they want with, maybe i should look up what micronaughts are ive seen a toy before some kinda helicopter with a person/robot very micromastery.

Edit: opps not gobots but still would make sense heres a linky

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/12/hasbr ... rse-192021

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Wed May 25, 2016 12:31 am

loismustdye wrote:

Can't agree with this argument at all. Marvel make good movies. They seem to be making plenty of money. The movies wouldn't have had to be 'G1 reissues', they just needed half decent writing, better casting, and better character designs. Of course having big screen block buster movies will increase sales, whether they're good or bad, but good movies will increase them more, not less. Broader appeal? Better movies have broader appeal. Marvel proves that. Kids buy toys, or parents buy them for kids, so why have movies that are largely inappropriate for kids? Marvel also shows that you can make movies that appeal to both kids and adults without having to have 'adult content'.

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion