Spoiler Filled Thread - Age of Extinction

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Evil Decepticon

Re: Spoiler Filled Thread - Age of Extinction

Postby Fairtex » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:01 am

Watched it again for the 3rd time last night. Still as good as the first we saw it.

My favourite parts of the movie are still:

When Prime changes to his new truck form and meets up with the rest of the Autobots.
Lead up to Prime calling on the Dinobots and the entire Dinobot scenes. Especially the charge.

3 times is enough. Fulfilled my TF movie crack fix.

Now waiting for the Amazon Exclusive Blu Ray with Prime/Grimlock statue to be released.

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:41 pm

The best line for me was when Grimlock transformed and Drift said "I thought it was going to transform into a gigantic car." all in a japanese accent.

Overall same type of movie as the previous ones. No real progression in terms of story, character development, TF screen time.

Explosions where there shouldnt be like at the beginning when prime busts out of the barn. It was made of wood and no source of tnt evident that could cause the explosion.

Heroic Autobot

Postby Almighty Galvatron » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:24 am

Saw this about a week back. Glad the Mrs gets the occasional free movie ticket from her work, but even though I didn't pay to see this, I still felt ripped off. I'd second pretty much everything Mr Sooty says on page 2. My favourite part was when the end credits started.

This wasn't just an appalling Transformers movie, it was just bad full stop.

Hated it from about 1/2 an hour in. Hated most of the new Autobots (especially Drift - and then I have to suffer through him again in Rise of the Dark Spark). Hated the laziness of the whole "cloud of shite" transformations for the human built Transformers. Hated the same tired routine with the sector 7/CIA/Whatever agent who plays a complete jackass. Still too mch focus on people with the Transformers being in the background. Only thing I really saw as a plus was that they replaced Shia La Boof with Marky Mark.

Way too long, the Dinobots were wasted and the final battle was resolved way too quickly and conveniently for my liking again (pacing was awful again as usual). Michael Bay couldn't make a good Transformers movie with a bomb shoved up his ass and the members of this board dictating to him exactly what he should do.

I've been consoling myself with the fact that the Lego Movie came out on blu-ray a few days later - infinitely better than this pile of crap.

Micromaster

Postby Ultra Cadmus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:37 am

I keep wanting to go see it for a second time

Then I remember, "Oh yeah, the humans weren't great. And it's way too long. Aaaand the dinobots are underused...and the movie just stops and the dinobots run off to do nothing...and the blatantly insulting product placement"

ughrghfhghhghg

I loved the Autobots in this film, as well as Lockdown, the rest? Absolutely awful.

Is it better the second time? Am I the only one who noticed the blatant product placement and how forced the chinese aspects of the film were?

Evil Decepticon

Postby davehammer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Hate him all you want, facts is, Michael Bay is now the second highest grossing director of all time just after Steven Spielberg :lol:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/?vi ... ESC&p=.htm

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:28 pm

davehammer wrote:Hate him all you want, facts is, Michael Bay is now the second highest grossing director of all time just after Steven Spielberg :lol:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/?vi ... ESC&p=.htm

No wonder society is losing its way :lol:

Micromaster

Postby Ultra Cadmus » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:46 pm

That's a sad, sad fact.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Im one of the few who seemed to enjoy it, as I had no expections of a great film before I went in. I really liked the length, as paying $18 for a 1 and 1/2 hour film is a freaking rip. Definately better than the 2nd, not as good as the 1st. As for Bay being the second highest earner, I'm sure hes still getting a cut from the merch, so you all are to blame :p :D

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion