TF4 Movie Thread

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Starscream NZ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:18 am

It certainly does lend itself to the possibility of this being true, if both Drift and Hound are correct.

The dinobots were rumoured for ROTF, and the only 'evidence' we've seen of Dinobots for this was a Instagram hastag with one of the pics with the G1ish Optimus and Bugatti. Nothing to solidly confirm the existence of Dinobots yet.

Also i'm not entirely unsurprised that they're revealing names this early on, this is pretty much an entirely new cast, and when the 07 movie came out, all the character names were revealed quite early on in production/filming. Wouldn't be surprised if they were doing the same here for the most part. Even ROTF had an official robot cast list issued, only DOTM didn't have this. Even that had revelations of Shockwave early on in production.

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Subria » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

I cannot see Bay doing the Dinobots - if only because it'd be impossible to film a physical model of the alt modes like he can with the cars, trucks, aeroplanes that actually exist. Yes, the 'bot modes don't exist, but we've all seen his cinematic style and how well he shoots vehicles.

You have to remember that Bay really doesn't give that much of a toss about the names (anyone remember Devastator / Brawl from the first film?). And how originally Brawl was the police car that became Barricade? And the hordes of nameless protoform 'cons in the last two films?

I'm not terribly impressed, but may warm up. I've not bought any of the new lines for a long time now.

This Moderator is no longer resident.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:04 pm

That truck could be grimlocks alt mode till he scans something else e.g like skids and mudflap did

Faction Leader

Postby timalodapus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:38 pm

ohhh damn anyone seen the new trailer? G1 optimus at the start
word

Pretender

Postby Antonio Handsome » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:00 pm

I've been a bit rough on what I thought the movie would turn out like, but shit, that's a hell of a trailer. I'm pumped.
i am great at signatures

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:18 am

Antonio Handsome wrote:I've been a bit rough on what I thought the movie would turn out like, but shit, that's a hell of a trailer. I'm pumped.

I seem to be in the minority in which I kind of cringed watching it.

Really didn't like what seemed to be Ratchets demise, even though he did nothing in the films, MTMTE has made me love Ratchet. The whole 'Humans against TF's angle would be sweet, if it hadn't been dabbled in ROTF and DOTM already.

I did like that bit with Evasion Mode Optimus/G1 with Mark - this interested me more than anything else I saw. Does parallel quite nicely with Shia and Bumblebee in TF1.

All in all I really don't expect to get much enjoyment from this film. Will see it, but have learnt after DOTM not even a promising trailer can save it from being more of the same.

Faction Leader

Postby Stik » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Begging your pardon, sirs - but the G1 esque truck at the start - does anyone else suspect that could be Galvatron (Who, from what I understand, is a cab-over-engine?)
Is the cat in the hat, or is the hat simply on the cat?

Supreme Commander

Postby skydemolisher » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Stik wrote:Begging your pardon, sirs - but the G1 esque truck at the start - does anyone else suspect that could be Galvatron (Who, from what I understand, is a cab-over-engine?)

Prime isn't it? Marky mark works on the truck, Optimus later blows up his shed... Ungrateful Autobot. At least Decepticon's blow stuff up in front of you, they don't hide and blow stuff up for dramatic effect.
(D) For the Glory of the Decepticon Empire!!!!!!! (D)

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:17 pm

http://www.allspark.com/content/2014/03 ... ne-lineup/

Not sure about the kids line up, but the advance movie line has some promising new characters.

Hmmm... Unsure of
a) AD-07 Dinobot Slug

But the following look good for me:
1. AD-11 Dispensor
2.AD-16 Autobot Dino

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Still a bit annoyed, I don't know maybe I just need to let go of Hound as a jeep.

This line looks more promising -

https://www.facebook.com/famitoy/media_ ... 553&type=3

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm

The more I look at the pictures the more I'm convinced that Hasbro has deliberately simplified the toys so the "advanced/generation toys are appealing. These movie toys are growing on me... Maybe?

Heroic Autobot

Postby jalbert009 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:56 am

Transformers: Age of Extinction Voice Actors Confirmed: John Goodman, Ken Watanabe, Frank Welker and More!

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-age-of-extinction-voice-actors-confirmed-john-goodman-ken-watanabe-frank-welker-and-more/30128/

I am so looking forward to this movie! I just hope the bots are the main characters and don't end up being support characters like in the first trilogy.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Zippo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 pm

So, who is going to the 'midnight' screenings
In Dunedin's case, midnight is actually 9pm for 3D and 10pm for 2D - one cinema closed makes seeing movies hard

Going to the 10pm screening as I cant stand 3D

Gestalt

Postby Red_Baron77 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:45 pm

I won a double pass advance screening of TF4 courtesy of Reading Cinema Courtney Place thru Reel Club showing later at 6:30 :D

I am not planning on buying any TF toy of this line but a free pass for the advance screeing is awesome :)

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Going to The Embassy later. Alone. :( Wife was amped for it too then just recently said it looked like the same old shit to which I responded EXACTLY. Ah well. Will go again with my son this weekend.

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion