TF4 Movie Thread

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Evil Decepticon
User avatar
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:15 am

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Fairtex » Thu May 30, 2013 2:06 pm

I may be the odd one out but I like the new Prime truck design a lot. Has that hot rod vehicle style and gruntier look to it. Those chrome smoke stacks are cool.

ROTF Buster Prime and APS1 Striker Prime are my all time favourite TF's. I have an affinity for movie leader Primes so this will probably a buy for me. BUT only if they can make this new Prime in a leader size with all the chrome (like Buster Prime/APS1 Striker Prime) and UFO accessories. Will wait for the Takara version of this as usual.

Loved all 3 movies (including ROTF). Looking forward to the next 3 and hopefully more. Glad Bay and Spielberg are still doing this.

Gestalt
User avatar
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby kevman12 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 pm

:D :D :D As much as I would like to agree, my wallet doesn't. I shall resist, I shall resist! Mind over matter (meditate) Ammmmm..... Ammm.... :lol: :lol:

Faction Leader
User avatar
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Wellington

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Monkey222 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm not sure what to think about the new characters. Prime looks odd. I really don't want to get any of the figures if Hasbro repeat what they did with the DoTM toyline, with 50 Bumblebees, no Dino, and Wheeljack and Soundwave being hard to find. (Also Mechtech)
WANTED: ROTF Lockdown, Classics Grimlock Missile, ROTF Stratosphere.

View my Trade Me listings: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2437745

Collection count is in! The grand total is 466 transformers!-20/06/2014

TFNZ Moderator
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:13 am
Location: the United Kingdom

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Subria » Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 am

Only two words can really describe the new vehicle colour and designs - Hot Wheels.

Not impressed - much prefer the realism of the vehicles of the last films. For robots in disguise to have such gaudy colours, ah well. Maybe it's not for me.
Avatar art by Dan Khanna

This Moderator is no longer resident.

Gestalt
User avatar
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby kevman12 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:32 am

Subria wrote: Not impressed - much prefer the realism of the vehicles of the last films. For robots in disguise to have such gaudy colours, ah well. Maybe it's not for me.


I told myself the same thing, then the toys arrived.

Its like those Beast Hunter toys, I didn't like them, I didn't like the re-molds, saw the new colours then I saw one upfront. Then my hands reached out, I walked up to the counter and took my wallet and paid with plastic.

TFNZ News Crew
User avatar
Posts: 3717
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm
Location: Dunedin

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby omegaprime » Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 am

Looks like ratchet has been spotted and maybe hound or bulkhead lol

Pretender
User avatar
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Vestra » Fri May 31, 2013 10:31 am

I would currently call that big ass vehicle Bulkhead but it may indeed confirm that Hound rumor. Pretty damn disappointed 'bee is back. If hes black for some dramatic reason because Sam has gone somewhere that is awful shameful writing. I dislike the character but I expect a Came(r)o.
Looking for various MP figures, swing me a pm if you have any for sale gentlemen.

Autobot Commander
User avatar
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby buyaball » Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

if it was me scripting i would call it bulkhead it looks very bulkhead to me

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-177588/
Image

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Gestalt
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Chris » Fri May 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Subria wrote:Only two words can really describe the new vehicle colour and designs - Hot Wheels.

Not impressed - much prefer the realism of the vehicles of the last films. For robots in disguise to have such gaudy colours, ah well. Maybe it's not for me.

I agree - Optimus and most of the Autobot cars do look a little too hot wheels for my liking. And some of the colour's are awful - the bright green car is terrible looking, the black and blue cars colours clash, and the black car with a yellow front looks like a junker too me.

However BulkHead/The Green Army type truck looks super awesome imo.

I just hope the Decepticons in this move have different colours schemes instead of all being the same silver/gray colour as in previous movies.

Gestalt
User avatar
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby kevman12 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:20 pm

buyaball wrote:if it was me scripting i would call it bulkhead it looks very bulkhead to me

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-177588/


Ditto! Green bulkhead all the way. White vehicle - Ratchet... Unless, Bay decide to call it something else.

The slick green and the orange just look to good to be a skid and a mudflap.

Gestalt
User avatar
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby kevman12 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Vestra wrote:I would currently call that big ass vehicle Bulkhead but it may indeed confirm that Hound rumor. Pretty damn disappointed 'bee is back. If hes black for some dramatic reason because Sam has gone somewhere that is awful shameful writing. I dislike the character but I expect a Came(r)o.


That green hulk can't be a Hound. It just doesn't fit - but then again because it is a Bay movie you could be right. Funny, if there was like a betting system for who gets it right and people seriously take it on T.A.B or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretender
User avatar
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Vestra » Fri May 31, 2013 9:43 pm

kevman12 wrote:
Vestra wrote:I would currently call that big ass vehicle Bulkhead but it may indeed confirm that Hound rumor. Pretty damn disappointed 'bee is back. If hes black for some dramatic reason because Sam has gone somewhere that is awful shameful writing. I dislike the character but I expect a Came(r)o.


That green hulk can't be a Hound. It just doesn't fit - but then again because it is a Bay movie you could be right. Funny, if there was like a betting system for who gets it right and people seriously take it on T.A.B or something :lol: :lol: :lol:


Something tells me it is hound, a small military jeep might not get across what he wants the character to achieve. Hopefully it is, I can see a pretty nifty leader toy coming out of that thing. Plus Bulkhead and Hound in the same movie seems lame to me.

And Hound it is!
Looking for various MP figures, swing me a pm if you have any for sale gentlemen.

TFNZ Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9008
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland, NZ

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Starscream NZ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 am

Well, now we know for certain that it's Hound, as Bay's confirmed it himself.

No official confirmation as to who that other vehicle is, but i'd be confident in thinking that Ratchet will stick around too, with Prime and Bee, and that's who we caught a glimpse of.

I disagree with the comments about the Bugatti, I think the colours work really well, and would've been perfect for a live-action Blurr character. However since he's Drift I don't have much issue with it, nice contrast to Drifts typically white/red appearance. And hey, he'll probably have a kickass sword too.

Also, moving this thread to the appropriate forum ;)

Heroic Autobot
User avatar
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:38 pm
Location: Levin, NZ

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby wozzum » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:45 am

So... The green machine is Hound. I'm guessing that it's prowl behind him in the group shot. Maybe the story rumor about grimlock/dinobots is true. Would make for an interesting internal conflict type side story.
"I think we seen th' last of ol' Starcreep alright. An' that's the first thing that's gone right all day."

Pretender
User avatar
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Vestra » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 am

Its the bloody corvette Slingshot that worries me now. We had Bay's team whinging about people referring to production names in the past, then they came up with crap like Dino and Que so I've little faith in anything they do along that chain. IDW will have to clean up their mess again, no doubt about it. If its some kind of Sunstreaker that would be nice I'd like the brothers on my shelf.

Agreed on the Bugatti, that should turn out to be an interesting design. Hopefully Rachet is in there as I'd hate to see them cut the old cast down to Prime and 'bee, who should be long bloody gone imo. If he speaks out of a radio still I'm going to be so madddddd.

Something tells me that old G1 looking prime is going to be destroyed by the new truck, similar to the middle finger the Camero gave the Volkswagen in the first film. Destructive and disrespectful. No respect for the movies but the animation and designs are always pretty wonderful. Looking forward to a Leader Hound.


So, with Hound confirmed, who thinks those previous rumours about Dinobots and Galvatron are accurate?
Looking for various MP figures, swing me a pm if you have any for sale gentlemen.

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest