TF4 Movie Thread

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Autobot Commander

TF4 Movie Thread

Postby buyaball » Wed May 29, 2013 8:09 pm

i couldn't find another thread about the next TF movie so here we go i made on

first up optimus primes new look (thanks to http://www.tfw2005.com)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-177574/

Based on the photo, Prime’s new vehicle mode is a mix between his G2 Laser Optimus Prime toy and his Transformers: Prime 1.0 vehicle mode (prior to Beast Hunters)

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Faction Leader

Re: TF4 Movie Thread

Postby Oldschool78 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 pm

ooooh, i like the black car very nice

still gonna get a saleen though

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Wed May 29, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm really interested to see what direction they go with the main villain here. Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave/Shockwave/Fallen etc are all dead. That leaves Unicron and/or Galvatron. Unless they go another route of course.

**Edit***
http://www.slashfilm.com/first-look-two ... -the-cast/

There are also a couple of new autobots cars shown (doesn't say who they are however) - not sure about the colours of them through.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed May 29, 2013 9:00 pm

could we add spoilers into the headings of this just in case

here are some pictures

pssst i think this belongs in eather news or cartoon movie discussion tread as it is both news and movie discussion :D

Heroic Autobot

Postby wozzum » Wed May 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Optimus looks awesome. Definately going to have to go down a G2 lineup with Meg's and his goons killed off.
Cyclonus and Scourge would be awesome. Would be a bit strange if Leonard Nimoy came back to voice Galvatron (after doing Sentinel Prime).

*SPOILER ALERT*

Screenrant storyline rumor:
http://tinyurl.com/lusxva8

The talk of the disgraced "samurai" decepticon is interesting. I'm hoping they mean "ninja" and it's sixshot. Would be good to get some triple/multi changers in the movie (and toys of course).
"I think we seen th' last of ol' Starcreep alright. An' that's the first thing that's gone right all day."

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Wed May 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Probably Drift though.

First impression of OP: da hell is that?

But now I'm really digging it and am excited by what the botmode could look like. In fact, this, the Veyron and the Stingray make for a very interesting looking Autobot team. The Teams in the first three are a bit boring by comparison. Though the Twins were... not the greatest their altmodes were nice variety amongst the team of supercars.

These guys feel more dynamic and colourful. Hope the toys are nice.

Gestalt

Postby kevman12 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Ehhh... Horror! More robot version! Eh... Just how many versions of OP get? O.k. I get it that its a Bayformer but involving some D!@$# into Bayformers is just a Noooo... But then again I probably would buy it.

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 pm

wozzum wrote:Optimus looks awesome. Definately going to have to go down a G2 lineup with Meg's and his goons killed off.
Cyclonus and Scourge would be awesome. Would be a bit strange if Leonard Nimoy came back to voice Galvatron (after doing Sentinel Prime).

*SPOILER ALERT*

Screenrant storyline rumor:
http://tinyurl.com/lusxva8

The talk of the disgraced "samurai" decepticon is interesting. I'm hoping they mean "ninja" and it's sixshot. Would be good to get some triple/multi changers in the movie (and toys of course).

A bit more reading around on that rumour says that the "samurai" who was a disgraced decepticon and wants to be an Autobot is "Hound" (which seems a tad strange a choice).

All several rumours on about the Dinobots finally being in the movie - but then again Transformers movies always have Dinobot rumours.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Wed May 29, 2013 11:32 pm

from what i have heard the samri desgreased deceptecon is drift which fits in well with his past story... and the flashy dift racer type looking car

im picking the other one as blurr that car is fast that blue.... it screams blurr but hey when has bay stuck to g1 colours bb aside lol.

as for the laser prime robot mode makes the real diffrence if i bite on a toy is dependent on if its better then what i already have also with bb ...

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Wed May 29, 2013 11:51 pm

The speculation for these films are just silly really, the characters in the movie-verse are so vastly different to previous incarnations of the character just because a car has some similarities to a previous incarnation of a character has almost never worked out to be accurate. This isn't entirely bad, as this is it's own continuity. So the green car totally COULD be Hound. I'd personally like to see the Bugatti be Blurr, it could end up being Rodimus for all we know, or Warpath.

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 am

Ugh still clinging to the flames… I have incredibly low hopes for TF4.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Pretender

Postby Vestra » Thu May 30, 2013 12:54 am

That is one ugly fucking truck. Seriously. It took two movies for me to get used to the old one, which after the ROTF mold actually became one of my favorite figures and designs of all time and now this shit?

Not keen on it really, though I'm interested to see what those play out to be and what kind of toys I'll have to throw into a franchise that already has massive gaps. But they're such pretty robots with the sparklies and the potential realistic designs.

Dammit, I don't have the money for this shit.
Looking for various MP figures, swing me a pm if you have any for sale gentlemen.

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 am

Robot Names Of The Two New Transformers 4 Autobots Revealed

2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse is Drift; who may possibly be the “Samurai Bot”. (i thought Samurai Bot was a decepticon? and these are meant to be Autobots)?

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray is Slingshot. <<<< WTF?

also what's this a rusty old G1 optimus Prime...now everyone is saying is a dinobot (sorry makes no sense to me) well rumors are rumors i can create my own (except mine will be more like Hearsay) G1 optimus prime is so farked off whith the new movies he drove here all the way from the 80's and he is going to fight the new optimus prime to the death now that would be cool only if G1 prime won

images of new/old truck in link v

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ot-177577/

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Gestalt

Postby Chris » Thu May 30, 2013 11:00 am

buyaball wrote:Robot Names Of The Two New Transformers 4 Autobots Revealed

2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse is Drift; who may possibly be the “Samurai Bot”. (i thought Samurai Bot was a decepticon? and these are meant to be Autobots)?

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray is Slingshot. <<<< WTF?

also what's this a rusty old G1 optimus Prime...now everyone is saying is a dinobot (sorry makes no sense to me) well rumors are rumors i can create my own (except mine will be more like Hearsay) G1 optimus prime is so farked off whith the new movies he drove here all the way from the 80's and he is going to fight the new optimus prime to the death now that would be cool only if G1 prime won

images of new/old truck in link v

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ot-177577/

I think it's safe to say they are going to take "creative licence" with names/appearances and things aren't going to match G1 that much.

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 am

With all this information and set photos coming out i really want to get excited about it but the last two films were just so dredful I'm just too deflated to care.
I intend on seeing the movie when it comes out but will definately leave it a couple of weeks before i do just to deprive Bay of my dollars in its opening week.
I think ROTF/DOTM has turned me into a cynical asshole :D

I do look forward to seeing what they have planned for the toyline though.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion