Dark of the Moon Reviews

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Heroic Autobot

Re: Dark of the Moon Reviews

Postby jalbert009 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Yeah that is a good review. Especially the part where 90% of TF battles were in the background and not shown like how were the group of autobots capptured and kept prisoner etc. They need to change the whole concept of the way they do things. I suggest a mini series that focus more on the Transformers with Lennox and Epps as the main human characters.

Faction Leader

Postby Meangreen » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 pm

I saw it, having gone in with low expectations I found it to be a better movie than ROTF. I'm not so bothered by name changes, inaccuracies and that sort of thing, plus, it's all been said already. My biggest complaint however (as with the preceding movies) was the lack of robot driven scenes and mechanical characterisation.

As for what I liked, most of it had to do with the storyline. I loved the decepticon takeover elements. I found it far more threatening and "real" than the turn-a-pyramid-into-a-laser-and-blow-up-the-sun plot we got last time. Sentinel's betrayal was pretty fresh, and Megatron's African safari and depression was good fun. The high body count was another plus, it really helped lend gravity to the situation. The editing was good and the action was as kinetic as ever.

Now I guess it's time to wait and see what Hasbro will do to keep the brand at this level of profitability.

Plus Barricade made it back out of limbo! Yay! Both he and Star Wars Shaak Ti get props from me for surviving death due to factors that could pretty much be seen as breaking the fourth wall. I like.

Heroic Autobot

Postby opcollector » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 pm

OMFG, that was freekin awesome.
So it's {ROTF} not as bad as shitting your pants?
Marginally. I honestly had to make a pro and con list to figure it out.

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:51 pm

just came back from seeing DOTM not really sure how i feel about the whole movie

it wasn't rubbish but it wasn't much better than ROTF in my oppinion

i will be watching it again as i have a habit of missing things out first time round

oh yeah i did happen to see the worlds best extra in the scien where sam is in the interview (company name eludes me) but its the one where he gets the job!

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Evil Decepticon

Postby GuanYu79 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 pm

The thing that is haunting me are names. Could some one please go through who the Transformers were in that movie as I can not seem to find them anywhere

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm

GuanYu79 wrote:The thing that is haunting me are names. Could some one please go through who the Transformers were in that movie as I can not seem to find them anywhere

i pondered on this myself

not sure on the wreakers but i'm sure one is called leadfoot? i think he is the red one with the bonnet belly (looks kinda chubbie)
the blue wreaker is topspin (i think)

the red autobot was mirage
the purple autobot is called Que
the little autobot (wheelies mate) is called brains
the convertable silver concept car is sideswipe (i think the mod here was more for his toy than the movie to remove some of the back kibble)

as for the rest i'm sure they are named during the movie

if there is any others your not sure give me a breif description and i'll let you know who their names are

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Headmaster City

Postby groverboy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:22 pm

buyaball wrote:
the red autobot was mirage

that wasn't mirage! His name was Dino!

I look forward to a purple repaint with black spots.

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:57 pm

buyaball wrote:the red autobot was mirage

Fail.

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:57 pm

mr_sooty wrote:
buyaball wrote:the red autobot was mirage

Fail.

i think that was alittle uncalled for mr_sooty maybe, a correction was all that was needed

i didn't fail

i was failed.......

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11270&p=159427&hilit=dotm+mirage#p159427

and i did not hear his name mentioned in the movie so could only revert back to the thread where the name was put to me

don't click this link...

Autobot Commander

Postby mr_sooty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:06 pm

buyaball wrote:i think that was alittle uncalled for mr_sooty maybe, a correction was all that was needed

Lighten up man, no offence intended. His name was mentioned in the movie though.

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Still haven't had a chance to see the film yet, but got a small bit of pondering done about Sentinel Prime that I hope those that have seen the movie might be able to confirm.

Since it's mentioned earlier that Leonard Nimoy is his voice actor, and after spending some time studying the Cyberverse Commander version of Sentinel Prime, I've just had a lightbulb moment.

Does Sentinal's head look like a robot version of Spock from the original Star Trek series?

- NKF
Crura Fish!

Headmaster City

Postby groverboy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 pm

I had hoped that it would after I learned that he was playing him. (Admittedly, this was outside the theatre)

It doesn't. Occassional feeling of a bit of an old man if anything at all. But really, I'd have gone absolutely bonkers over Sentinel if it did.

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:52 pm

mr_sooty wrote:
buyaball wrote:i think that was alittle uncalled for mr_sooty maybe, a correction was all that was needed

Lighten up man, no offence intended. His name was mentioned in the movie though.

i guess i missed the name dino with all the 3D affects etc...as always i need to watch movies twice to get it all

no offence taken its all good (A) , i just thought groverboy had a better way of letting me no my mistake (we all make them btw)

don't click this link...

Heroic Autobot

Postby lokomike » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am

Just watched it last night, I thought it was fantastic. I'm one that doesn't try to compare comics/cartoon series with movies too much as it is after-all a different monster. The only thing that bugged me a little was the couple of times scenes seemed to 'jump' and miss out some essential or at-least what would have been entertaining screen time. ie the Autobot capture. And things like BumbleeBee looking immaculate with a show room shine in car form and then battle damaged in his robot form. However this for me was easily the best of the trio, Sentinel was great and provided a unique plot twist, Shockwave was bad-ass and it was nice to see Starscream with a bigger part to play this time round. Now to play the game...eventually when I can afford it that is :P
Custom Transformers By Lokomike

like me on facebook... go on you know you want to... http://www.facebook.com/mike.mattlock.art

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:27 pm

groverboy wrote:I had hoped that it would after I learned that he was playing him. (Admittedly, this was outside the theatre)

It doesn't. Occassional feeling of a bit of an old man if anything at all. But really, I'd have gone absolutely bonkers over Sentinel if it did.

Must just be a feature of the Cyberverse Commander version then. Ah well, just a bit of wishful thinking - can't expect the toys and screen models to always match.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion