Revenge of Bruticus

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers brand on multiple medias.

Moderator: Moderators

Revenge of Bruticus

Postby IronhideTFX » Fri May 15, 2020 9:23 pm

So here's a wee tidbit which i thought was interesting, at the end of the Revenge of Bruticus, Megatron destroys a replica Bruticus.

What i didn't realise, was he was a hologram.

After reading the script it stats that the Bruticus that is destroy is a hologram from Shockwaves projection device, and in the final scene with Megatron and Starscream are speaking of redemption, you can clearly see the device. Its a 35 year old detail on an episode i have watched countless times due to having the VHS as a kid, and i never noticed that detail.

Hoping it blows someone else away :D
IronhideTFX
Gestalt

Re: Revenge of Bruticus

Postby Leo_Convoy » Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 am

Just re-watched it.
Can't say I ever noticed that detail myself.
Also completely forgot about "Come in, Mega-BUM!" and cough-laughed a flake of sausage roll pastry into my sinus :lol:
Megatron - You are either LYING, or STUPID!
Starscream - I'M STUPID! I'M STUPID!
Leo_Convoy
Minibot

Re: Revenge of Bruticus

Postby Spike » Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 pm

I watched this one last night with my son. He laughed at Mega BUM and replayed it about ten times.
I knew it was a hologram but I had never noticed that onslaught took off his own backpack to make the device. They were fairly consistent with animating it too. Some blips but mostly there.

Which means the theee spots on his back, would usually be under the backpack. So not really as much of a weakness.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376
Spike
Headmaster City

Return to Transformers Cartoon, Comic and Movie Discussion