The Last Knight - Reviews, Questions/Answers, etc

Discuss the ever-changing and ever-popular Transformers cartoons - From Armada to Beast Wars to Zone, the 1986 movie to the upcoming 2007 Dreamworks movie. All talk of those Big 'Bots and 'Cons on the screen goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator

The Last Knight - Reviews, Questions/Answers, etc

Postby Zippo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:53 am

SPOILERS!

So I went and saw the 8.30pm screening and .. it was definitely a Michael Bay Transformers movie, with more humans than Transformers, a very loose plot thread and more questions than answers.
My biggest issue so far - all the potential toys that could have been made that won't be.

Are Hasbro finding it hard to take movie designs and turn them into toys?

More thoughts coming soon

Gestalt

Re: The Last Knight - Reviews, Questions/Answers, etc

Postby IronhideTFX » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Still not keen on Prime throwing round the whole "I'll kill you!" vibe. Hopefully thats out of his system.

Cogman was hilarious.

SPOILERS:

Did they say he is a Headmaster? briefly touched on it.

Seeing a proper combiner in action was great.

Unicron... when that was mentioned, i literally gasped out loud. Was such an awesome moment, and really won me over for the rest of the movie.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:25 pm

I feel the transformers prime vibe with unicron.

when it comes to the toys well most the characters that got toys got name drops, a few of the designs for the other characters look like older toys

It does bring up some intreasting things for the bumbleebee movie, will we see ironhide again, will starscream show himself again, how will the apparent last movie play out with everything that happened in the movie.

im glad they gave the decepticons more personality this time it helps alot, what was up with the topspin leadfoot twintwist cobbled together lol

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:07 am

Honestly. It was terrible.

Just a mess of scenes jumping all over the place. Bay really struggles to maintain a narrative flow I feel. For the first time in any transformers movie I wanted to just leave.

I'm very glad that others enjoyed it though.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

Minibot

Postby stylie_steve » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:33 am

I'm another one who thought this one was just bad. Not sure if I would say it was worse than rotf but close. So many pointless and unexplained things just happening and edited together to form some sort of narritive.

Why was megatron back to megatron and no longer galavtron? It seemed he was under quintessa control but that was never explained.

Baby dinobots? How and why? What was the point?

Bee explodes and reassembles no reason how and no point to the scene it just happened just because.

Conman, name dropped he's a headmaster but not once did he transform and show this power.

The knights? Weren't the dinobots the knights? Who are these other knights?

Where did the knight in the crashed ship in Chicago come from? Was he just chilling out injured in the shop since the battle of Chicago in dotm?

No point to Isabella and sqweeks. They didnt do anything!

Why build up the cons in a cool but blatant rip off of sucicide squad just to kill them a few minutes later?

Bee talks and primes ok? Didn't bee talk in tf1 making primes statement false?

Also did prime just forget what happened to cybertron in dotm?

Why did topspin have leadfoots head? Animater goof?

I could go on and on but yeah very little positives from this one!

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Awful, but I was expecting it to be. I don't understand why Spielberg would want his name on these narrative clusterfucks. And now we will never see Unicorn in bot mode, unless they write in the destruction of mankind. I really think it's time to leave this franchise alone, maybe revisit it in a decade. There's definitely fatigue showing in the franchise

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Subria » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:41 pm

That was awful. Just muck.

I admit it's a Michael Bay film - but some of his films are at least a little decent. 'splosions. Running. Slow motion 'splosions. Slow motion running. Ad infinitum. Sigh.

The amount of retconning in there was bordering on ridiculous, and for all that we ended up with the plot from the last four films (a device that can save the Transformers, but destroy Earth). Again.

Time for a reboot

This Moderator is no longer resident.

Gestalt

Postby Rodimus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:38 pm

jiptravolta wrote: And now we will never see Unicorn in bot mode, unless they write in the destruction of mankind.

I was rewatching prime and had a thought we could see unicron in bot mode in the form of a flashback or him using/posessing megatron

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Pretty damn incoherent.
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Return to Transformers Cartoon and Movie Discussion