Top 10 of 2017

General talk about Transformers figures from any era.

Moderator: Moderators

Evil Decepticon

Top 10 of 2017

Postby Thatotherguy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Another year, another opportunity to reflect on all the cool new robots we acquired (and if you’re like me then there’s always more than expected).

Here’s a chance to look back and decide which 10 transformers were your absolute favourite of the year. They don’t have to have been released this year, just purchased by you during 2017.

Feel free to write a list/post pics/give a little summary.

TFNZ Administrator

Re: Top 10 of 2017

Postby Zippo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:20 am

(receives new toy, remove from packaging, put into storage tub, store storage tub)
- as a result, I don't think I have actually transformed a toy this year ...

Evil Decepticon

Postby Thatotherguy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:07 pm

10) TLK Oversized Meagtron

Not only did we finally get a movie Megatron design that looked great, but also a fantastic toy to represent it. The oversized version scales well with the beautiful Wei Jiang Evasion Prime which together make a great centrepiece for any movie collection.

9) TFCC Waraders

Waspinator in many different colours. Perfection!

8) Maketoys Cross Dimension Megatron

A very dynamic and very fun version of Megatron

7) Toy World's Cosmos

I didn't think I would want an MP Cosmos until I saw this. Fun to play with and slightly adorable

6) Fansproject Dai Z

Really like how this is essentially a 2 in 1 action figure and playset. Looks great as Dai Atlas and the play factor from the Core bots and multi-vehicle modes makes this a definite worth while purchase

5) Maketoys Cybertron Starscream

One of the best looking versions of Starscream given the MP treatment

4) MP Cheetor

Was happy that Cheetor finally got a toy that didn't completely suck. Not the biggest fan of beast mode, but robot mode more than makes up for it

3) MMC Tarn

I don't really follow IDW but Tarn one badass looking bot and MMC delivered a really enjoyable represntation of that character

2) FT Omega Supreme

This thing blew my mind and broke my wallet

1) Maketoys Cross Dimension Striker Noir

This was everything I wanted from a Transformer. Highly poseable, massive range of weapons, and looks fantastic

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:54 pm

My top 10 well top 9 my son picked one from this years lot o toys lol

its been a so so year for trasnformers none of these really stick out above the rest except cheetor

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:46 pm

In no particular order

Fansproject Dai Z (Dai Atlas)
I already had the Trianix Alpha version of the mold, and this version certainly benefits from some retooling and more unified colour scheme.

MMC Tyrantron (MTMTE/Lost Light IDW Megatron)
My current favourite Megatron figure I own.

Titans Return Full Tilt
This is the main reason I bought Trypticon. Full Tilt Rules!

Titans Return Triggerhappy
Best deluxe of Titans Return line.

Titans Return Gnaw
There is no such thing as "too many sharkticons"

Titans Return Pounce & Wingspan
Childhood favs are back (with essential pink highlights!)

Titans Return Shuffler
Adorable.

Sentinel Gigantic Action Scorponok
IT'S A GIGANTIC ARTICULATED SCORPONOK. Done.

MP GUNFACE MEGATRON
The best thing about MP Megatron is GUNFACE.

Fanstoy Grinder FT-08G (G2 colour MP Grimlock)
The original MP Grimlock design, tweaked to be less wibly and user friendly, with a more T-Rex shaped alt mode head and in G2 BLUE.

"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Headmaster City

Postby loismustdye » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Will add pics when I can, since the demise of photobucket I hate web host photo stuff with a vengeance, and it’s annoying on a tablet.
I’ve become a huge fan of the legend scale third party stuff, notsomuch the iron factory stuff though.
So in no particular order:

10. Fanstoys Koot. Just love this mold to bits, looks exactly how I wanted my vintage toy to look, and he as a target master

9. Mech planet hot soldiers sound wave. The sheer value represented by this toy reignited my interest, cheap, great fiddle value and looks great to boot

8. Mech planet hot soldier iron tin. This needs to be upscaled to deluxe size, see the #9 for the other reasons.

7. Mech planet hot soldiers bumblebee, yes he has a hollow back and and he’s a bit tall with a big guts but this is my favourite bee outside of MP.

6. Legends sharkticon, adorable, and finally a nice way to troop build sharkticons cheaply.

5. Takara legends Kup, looks good, and again.. targetmaster.

4. YM dirge. This is how the official MP seeker so should have been made, light years ahead of the MP11 mold of Thundercracker and sky warp.

3. DX9 war in pocket seekers. Great alt modes, and a new transformation to keep the seekers interesting, look great in both modes. Again needing an upscale to replace the chug toys.

2. Takara legends Misfire. Love the look, aside sfrom that I can’t place why i rAte him so well.

1. Hot soldiers ravage (bundled with bumblebee). So small an d simple, yet IMHO nails the ravage look almost perfectly.
no sig as photobucket nerfed it all
# of TF's: I don't have the patience to count them all
# of GIJoe: I've lost count

Gestalt

Postby Good_Riddance » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 pm

Finally (maybe) got the non photobucket pic hosting going... so heres my top 10. Obviously not too many of these were actually released in 2017 but its the first time I have really looked at third party offerings, so 2017 is my year of third party discovery I guess... Now I know what the fuss is about :lol:

And looking at it now I seem to have a soft spot for fans toys!

Return to General TF Toy Discussion