The TFNZ Masterpiece Thread

If you have come across any news regarding the wide world of Transformers, post it here. Please do explain if it is confirmed news or just a rumour you have heard.

Moderator: Moderators

Autobot Commander

The TFNZ Masterpiece Thread

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:06 pm

All things MP! Couldn't find a thread so made one.

Anyway! Today we heard a G2 Sideswipe is in the works and I am super excited. I had one of these as a kid and loved it so much so getting and MP version blows my mind.

Also news is that a fans choice MP will be made from a selection of leaders. I suspect Star Saber will be it but I'd lived an RID Prime or Beast Wars Primal.

Really can't wait for these and the Datsun bros. Makes justifying non MP TF purchases all the more harder.

Targetmaster

Re: The TFNZ Masterpiece Thread

Postby RotorstormNP » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:08 pm

I was excited when I saw fan's choice poll, and this disappointed when I only recognised a couple of the characters. Understandable given it's TT rather than Hasbro.

I'm very keen to get into MP - MP10 looks cool, Prowl looks neat, Soundwave blows my mind. Bring on Shockwave!

Funny they said Fort Max as a choice...the other day I was thinking about MP Omega Supreme or MP Trypticon ;-P

Faction Leader

Postby Meangreen » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:17 pm

I second the notion that this masterpiece focus is making other TF purchases very hard to make.

I love G2 Sideswipe. There was one I remember sitting in a stationary store near my parents home for years when I was younger. I wish I'd bought it but this makes up for it.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:28 pm

My story is more sinister and regretable. As a little shitty kid I stole one along with a G2 Grimlock from The Toy Warehouse. I ended up paying for it but still... I was such an idiot for doing that.

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Some more good pics of Tiger Track and Smokescreen here
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ack/27572/

So much awesomeness. I wasn't too sure if I liked Sideswipe in yellow bit these pics affirm that it is excellent.

TFNZ News Crew

Postby omegaprime » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:21 pm

I hope to see fortmax lol.

I don't realy like smokescreen but I plan to get bluestreak and prowl, I have alternators smokescreen anyways lol

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:54 pm

G2 Sideswipe is the MP Sideswipe deco for me! I can skip all the others, but not G2 Sideswipe.
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Sounds like Jazz or Bee will be MP20.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ost9575787

Bee would be great but Jazz? That's a wet dream.

Edit: could also be Wheeljack! Damn, can't decide who I'd want more...

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Subria » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:17 pm

If they're going to do one, do something interesting.

Galvatron, Cyclonus, or the Triplechangers. I'd love to see the engineering in a MP Astrotrain or Blitzwing.

This Moderator is no longer resident.

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:26 pm

I hope MP20 is Bumblebee that would be pretty wizard. also then we could expect him lightly retool into cliffjumper.

none of my first choices are in the fan choice poll. but if i had to pick one i would go for optimus primal or powermaster Prime if it turns out to be neither i will skip it.

Im really waiting for Megatron to get a second looking but i would also really like to see a Blaster or Ironhide.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

Pretender

Postby Vestra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:22 am

I hope that Mp-20 announcement comes out soon as I'd really like to get an Art Feather 'bee but if theres an MP one in the works I might wait.

This line is indeed a giant wet dream. I had a G2 Sideswipe that I found in a school fair when I was a kid. It replaced the G1 Sideswipe I grew up with as my mother stood on that and never told me until I was 20. Most of my toys came from school fairs as we were pretty broke growing up so I learnt to treasure pretty much every find.

The G2 Sideswipe lasted me years. An awesome figure and an awesome memory. One of those fantastic customizers did an amazing job at repainting mp-12 into a G2 Sideswipe. I'll try find the picture:

The G2 Sideswipe:

He Also did the following:

Breakdown:

Tigertrack:

and finally, an amazing piece, Punch/Counterpunch:

All fantastically beautiful, click the names for links to the figures which are amazingly detailed. I just didn't want to flood this thread with images, I'll edit 'em out later maybe.

Stormbringer Customs for anyone who wants to see his other stuff. He does things like a G2 MP Grimlock, a bunch of prime stuff, MP seekers and some AMAZING Cartoon Detailed figures.

This line breaks my wallet but its more than worth it. I've managed three MP figures so far, all Takara and I'm more than happy with them. Not keen on the choices for the upcoming poll for an MP as I'd love to see an MP Fort Max but Jesus that thing would need to be huge or small and underwhelming. We'll see, some of those figures are neat but truthfully don't need to be pimped out just yet. Perhaps a couple but if you do Victory Saber you'd have to do all his other addon shit and it would either be a mission for Takara or for 3rd party makers alike.

Both good and bad news on that I guess. My wallet will feel the burn regardless.

It's a rough scaled MP Megatron I'm after. They need that shit badddddddd.

Still holding out for an MP Tracks or Inferno. My two favorite designs.
Looking for various MP figures, swing me a pm if you have any for sale gentlemen.

Faction Leader

Postby Meangreen » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:27 am

That looks like some nice custom paintwork.

I hope the actual G2 Sideswipe gets those touches of green too. They're very necessary when it comes to my memories of the toy. Since he seems comic inspired though I don't hold out hope.

Targetmaster

Postby RotorstormNP » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 pm

I like the Bee/Jazz/Jack idea! And I'd love to see MP Ironhide and Ratchet.

TFW2005 has this to say about MP-20:

"The biggest news is that Masterpiece 20 will be a concept car, a new design for the line. However Takara-Tomy were unable to reveal more at this time."

Autobot Commander

Postby Mr.Deflok » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:18 pm

By that reasoning it leaves Jazz and Wheeljack as prime suspects I think. Modifed Porsche and rare Lancia. Bee is stock-standard stuff and Mirage is a license they already have where MP20 purportedly is a license they only just acquired.

Whatever we get I don't mind. I'd like Megatron 2.0 but am happy with Autobot cars. Very happy.

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Muleac » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:24 pm

I might be seem greedy but I say they do all those choices they're given. Maybe its a ploy and they'll see which are the 3 most popular and do those.

Next

Return to Transformers News/Rumours Section