TFNZ is now hiring!

If you have any questions regarding Transformers New Zealand, or would like to make a suggestion, please let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Headmaster City

Re: TFNZ is now hiring!

Postby groverboy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 am

I'd have loved to offer up my assistance, but I just don't have the time.

Faction Leader

Postby noel0leon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

I will take it...
Although I don't know the way...
can I have somebody's sword, bow and axe?

But in all seriousness I would be keen for the post.

Reasons:
I reckon it'd be fun
Not too difficult/time consuming
A good excuse to write
I like transformers... (A) (D) (M) (P) (U)
do, or do not. There is no try

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 am

Okay, is there anyone else who is interested in being on the news team? Am looking to have two news reporters, as well as myself (who'll pretty much remain as just doing Hasbro updates)....

Gestalt

Postby Windbreaker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

I would be interested in a casual capacity. I have to prioritise my university studies (arts/science conjoint), but could squeeze in some reporting here and there.

I read TFNZ and various transformers news sites every day, and I usually check out sale catalogues once they are released online. Sightings reports seem to make up a lot of by TFNZ posts, and I've recently been thinking it would be a good idea to have something along the lines of a "first sightings" thread. Plus, I've always had a general interest in journalism and I took a journalism class at school.

I realise a casual position probably isn't what you're looking for. I suppose it also depends on how much work it ends up being and how much I enjoy doing it - I could give it a go for a few months and decide whether it would be better for me to drop down to a casual position. I'm keen to see updated news on the front page, so I'd be happy to be involved in some sort of capacity.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 am

That sounds more than fine to me, i'm not expecting anyone to sit at their computer for 10 hours a day waiting for the smallest bit of local news to appear. I'm happy to offer you and noel0leon the jobs, and we will get things working in the coming days.

What I will ask is whether both of you have a web-page programme such as dreamweaver and a ftp program to upload the news, as how it's currently done is it's updated as webpage - then re uploaded to tfnz.

Gestalt

Postby Windbreaker » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Neat-o! However, I don't have either of those types of programmes. Are there free versions that you can recommend?

Faction Leader

Postby iceman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:35 pm

i have many*emphasis* discs somewhere of that software.... however unusually for me i can not find them, s4turn should have them on hand,

which do you prefer cs3 or cs4??

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:50 pm

There are so many mods on this site. How did Onslaught86 manage to find and recruit all his minions to watch this forum?

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

IamLegendaryAntiHero wrote:There are so many mods on this site. How did Onslaught86 manage to find and recruit all his minions to watch this forum?

Onslaught86 is not the owner/operator of this website. I'm not too sure what you mean by 'minions' as everyone here acts together as a community, and no one here typically cares about 'status' or 'ranks'.

I'm beginning to feel some negative vibes from you. Is there something you'd like to get off your chest regarding TFNZ and it's management?

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Starscream NZ wrote:
IamLegendaryAntiHero wrote:There are so many mods on this site. How did Onslaught86 manage to find and recruit all his minions to watch this forum?

Onslaught86 is not the owner/operator of this website. I'm not too sure what you mean by 'minions' as everyone here acts together as a community, and no one here typically cares about 'status' or 'ranks'.

I'm beginning to feel some negative vibes from you. Is there something you'd like to get off your chest regarding TFNZ and it's management?

No. The minions thing was a joke, kind of like saying how someone is your partner in crime when it actually means best friend. I've got nothing to get off my chest about TFNZ, except that I was wondering if Onslaught86 was the owner of this website.

Decepticon Warlord

Postby NKF » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Not really helping here, but a bit of an observation: It's a bit of phenomena on any sort of social networking site like web forums where moderators status is available. See, moderators are generally appointed from a set of trusted regular posters. When the site traffic is at a low phase, the regulars will still be around. And being moderators, it does sometimes look like there's more cooks than customers. ;)

But pf course, TFNZ is an amiable bunch. 'tis nice here.

- NKF
Crura Fish!

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Subria » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Always here, always watching - at what must seem like odd hours to most of the board.

This Moderator is no longer resident.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:06 pm

we all tend to lead busy lives, and there were occasions when there would be no mods around for a few days, especially during last years spam attack. More mods simply meant there would always be someone around to keep things in line (which is rare, we are all a good bunch) and block, control the frequent dodgy spam posts at the time

Autobot Commander

Postby Gravitron » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 am

Subria wrote:Always here, always watching - at what must seem like odd hours to most of the board.

LOL, Night owls unite!

And yea. Spam is a bigger problem than disruptive members. Has your banana ball gone draw? (there's an in joke for ya)
Last edited by Gravitron on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Items for sale on TradeMe, check them out.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1153143
Hang out with me on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterGravitron

TFNZ Moderator

Postby Subria » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 am

Gravitron wrote:
Subria wrote:Always here, always watching - at what must seem like odd hours to most of the board.

LOL, Night owls unite!

Well strictly speaking, I'd be a Diurnal Owl. At least from hours I'm actually awake!

This Moderator is no longer resident.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Questions and Suggestions