TFNZ Signature/Avatar Guidelines - IMPORTANT

If you have any questions regarding Transformers New Zealand, or would like to make a suggestion, please let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

TFNZ Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9008
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland, NZ

TFNZ Signature/Avatar Guidelines - IMPORTANT

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri May 11, 2007 12:48 pm

This has been implemented due to the number of oversized signatures and avatars being used by many members. Also to help load times for other members who're on slower connections, and to avoid the screen being stretched by fat sigs.


Avatars

Cannot exceed the dimensions of 100x100px, prefer if you used 80x80px

Filesize MUST NOT exceed 100kb


Signatures

200x550px is the maximum size a sig may be. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a warning and a suspension of use of a sig.

A sig must also be no larger than 180kb




I understand that this will be a bit of a change for people, and i'm not expecting everyone to change instantly, so for those who ARE in violation of these new rules have until Friday 25 May 2007 to change your signature into the new size limits, or smaller. This rule applies to EVERY member of TFNZ, even my sig is too big by these new rules, so i'll be making a smaller replacement as well.


- Starscream NZ
Last edited by Starscream NZ on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Autobot Commander
User avatar
Posts: 4853
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Cuppa Tea Coast.

Postby mr_sooty » Fri May 11, 2007 4:19 pm

How do you figure out if it's too big or not?
Image

Headmaster City
User avatar
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: Palmy

Postby Old_Timer » Fri May 11, 2007 5:16 pm

Just check out the properties of the file. Should all be in there.

If you're really stuck, send it to me. I'll tell ya.

Your signature Mr Sooty is well within the limit at 488x165, and your avatar is exactly 100x100. You have no problem.
Last edited by Old_Timer on Fri May 11, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Durka Durka Durka!! Mohammed Jihad!!!!

No.of TF's in collection:32 (just a beginner)
Gender: Male
Fave quote: You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without falling over.

Gestalt
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland

Postby thehiflyer » Fri May 11, 2007 5:17 pm

mr_sooty wrote:How do you figure out if it's too big or not?


I second that,also,could someone post pics of those dimensions to clarify sizes?
Wants
Alts:Any
Robot Heroes:Bumblebee and whoever he comes with
Image

Targetmaster
User avatar
Posts: 751
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:19 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby LittleRobot » Fri May 11, 2007 5:20 pm

Damn anyone who dosn't have a 24inch widescreen to accommodate my new wide ass signature :P ..... which has now been amended.

Your one is 240x500 SSNZ... don't want you getting suspended :P

Size reference for others:

Image

Image
Image

TFNZ Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9008
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland, NZ

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri May 11, 2007 5:48 pm

LittleRobot wrote:Damn anyone who dosn't have a 24inch widescreen to accommodate my new wide ass signature :P ..... which has now been amended.

Your one is 240x500 SSNZ... don't want you getting suspended :P

Size reference for others:

Image

Image


Heheh, as I said before, I know my one is considered oversized, so I will be making a new one over the weekend. Thanks for showing people the sizes.

Decepticon Warlord
User avatar
Posts: 3490
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:52 pm
Location: North Shore, Browns Bay

Postby NKF » Fri May 11, 2007 6:42 pm

It might be a good idea to extend some guideles for attached photos as well. Only, more as a guideline for efficiency, not really as an enforceable rule like it is with the avatar and sig sizes.

Pics taken directly off digital cameras for example are often made at really high dimensions as to capture as much detail as possible. This unfortunately also makes them really huge in file size. Resizing them to whatever size that'll still convey the photo clearly but at a much reduced size is always good idea.

This reminds me of ye olde days where 20 meg hard drives were king (and that was huge for those who go even further back than I do!), and saving hard drive space was all you could think about. ;)

- NKF
Crura Fish!

TFNZ Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9008
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland, NZ

Postby Starscream NZ » Fri May 11, 2007 9:04 pm

NKF wrote:It might be a good idea to extend some guideles for attached photos as well. Only, more as a guideline for efficiency, not really as an enforceable rule like it is with the avatar and sig sizes.

Pics taken directly off digital cameras for example are often made at really high dimensions as to capture as much detail as possible. This unfortunately also makes them really huge in file size. Resizing them to whatever size that'll still convey the photo clearly but at a much reduced size is always good idea.

This reminds me of ye olde days where 20 meg hard drives were king (and that was huge for those who go even further back than I do!), and saving hard drive space was all you could think about. ;)

- NKF


Yeah, i'm definately looking into sorting out some sort of rule for that. Also, a "no quoting photo's" rule is in place, there's really no real point in seeing the same picture quoted 4-5times.

Faction Leader
User avatar
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Wellington

Postby Felix » Sat May 12, 2007 12:28 am

Wrong thread.
Image

Evil Decepticon
User avatar
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:36 am
Location: Auckland

Postby powersurge » Sun May 13, 2007 1:04 am

Well sadly I had to remove my Strong Bad sig (I did re-size to fit, but it looked, odd!), so I went with the "Blocked" message from the SBemail: From Work.
Image

TFNZ Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9008
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland, NZ

Postby Starscream NZ » Sun May 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Five days for you guys to change your signatures guys!

Targetmaster
User avatar
Posts: 751
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:19 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby LittleRobot » Sun May 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Starscream NZ wrote:Five days for you guys to change your signatures guys!


Including you.... again (500x220) :P :P
Image

Gestalt
User avatar
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Auckland New Zealand

Postby Gzzmos » Sun May 20, 2007 8:11 pm

hey im just tryng to update myself for these changes and all i get is

"The avatar image file size must be less than 6 KB"
Image

bar weep grana weep niny bong

TFNZ Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9008
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland, NZ

Postby Starscream NZ » Sun May 20, 2007 8:44 pm

LittleRobot wrote:
Starscream NZ wrote:Five days for you guys to change your signatures guys!


Including you.... again (500x220) :P :P



Whatchu' talkin bout, Willis? :wink:

TFNZ Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9008
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: North Shore, Auckland, NZ

Postby Starscream NZ » Sun May 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Gzzmos wrote:hey im just tryng to update myself for these changes and all i get is

"The avatar image file size must be less than 6 KB"



For that, I suggest uploading it to your photobucket account or another online source, not sure why that 6kb setting is there.

Next

Return to Site Questions and Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest