Why is TFNZ against "homophobia"?

If you have any questions regarding Transformers New Zealand, or would like to make a suggestion, please let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Faction Leader

Re: Why is TFNZ against "homophobia"?

Postby iceman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Starscream NZ wrote:Well, since I own and operate TFNZ, perhaps I should explain why I implemented that specific rule.

Essentially, i'll be repeating what Old Timer stated, this is a peaceful (usually) online forum. No one here is, or should be discriminated against due to their gender, sexuality, ethnic background etc. This is why this rule is in place, especially due to, as the comment states, the term 'gay' being used derogatively.

Children on this site must be at least 13 years of age or gain guardian consent for signing up. Given the generally open society we have here in NZ, most children know what homosexuality is, and that 'mum, dad and two kids' is no longer the norm of society, and the family dynamic is much broader than it was.

I'm sorry to hear that people in your state believe that the love between two people is something to campaign against and fear. However on this forum we do not tolerate intolerance. So if you want to go use terms such as gay, faggot, nigger etc, go right ahead - cause you'll be banned quick smart. :wink:

And, just for the record. Yes, I am gay. And i'm not the only one on this forum either :wink:

as a summed up answer that pretty much owned. This place is all about our love of Transformers, for everybody and neutral to all is the best way to do it,.....The same rules that roughly apply on this site is why i banned comments on my videos on youtube and never swore. keeps the piece all gooodddssss

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Dzeb wrote:
Oldschool78 wrote:
Devcon wrote: Hmm, please enlighten us with the reason why you were kicked from that other forum??

Yeah, I wanna here that story

Agreed.

That's between me and the people I have to avoid at BotCon.

Heroic Autobot

Postby IamLegendaryAntiHero » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Zippo wrote:Ok, he did ask a fair and reasonable question to which Old_Timer answered perfectly.

Yes, it seems that he did accuse all New Zealanders of being gay with his comment
Does it have something to do with the administrators living in New Zealand? I've only seen this country on a map so I don't know what goes on over there

.. but he is American.

Yes, it was a question. I'm not so selfish as to say everyone in this forum except me is gay based on something one person on the board said, administrator or forum member.

Pretender

Postby Antonio Handsome » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Even if everyone on this forum was gay, I don't really see the problem?

I truly don't understand the whole homophobic viewpoint.
i am great at signatures

Autobot Commander

Postby buyaball » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 pm

i think both the new member and the rest of us have to settle down now
i can see where both sides are comming from
lets just move on now there is more to life than picking on the new guy

yes his comments looked suspect (and maybe he has no tact in his threads/comments) but we all know our interpretation has been alittle off the beaten track at times too

i was the new guy one time and i was picked on too (remember,yeah different reasons but not so different when i look back)

i'm not swiching sides (i never took a side) just saying

it seams to me from my engine serches this guy gets picked on everywhere he goes (literaly)

lets see if we can change this from now on and be a little more accepting

all i am seeing here is a clash of cultures and we need to see past this

like he said he just wants to hang here abit till it cools down on tfcc
so lets let him do that!

don't click this link...

If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.

Previous

Return to Site Questions and Suggestions