.....is tfnz dying?

If you have any questions regarding Transformers New Zealand, or would like to make a suggestion, please let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Faction Leader

Re: Icemans new collection

Postby iceman » Wed May 05, 2010 8:13 pm

I thought I had leaft this all behind...
regardless...haha nice, an innocent random question on an abandoned thread, gets a response,(which is lucky it did as i was giving a final check and late thank yous for any happy birthday messages, as you do out of common politeness) and that in turn gets twisted- to a minor extent for forgiveness and an apology and so forth....

SO.....

Firstly... nice site skin....funny how that happened, eh :D

and for the new members and old ones posting, funny how their return/debut coincided shortly after with my rocket i sent out ...that HAD to be done to stop there being the potential for the contemplating of the site being closed again due to quietness etc....

anyway, putting that aside,

Regards my collection. Of course I am very proud of it. And I am an extremely caring owner of everything I own, and to that extent, since i also spend alot I do like to show them off when I can, bringing back memories to people, giving them some old enjoyment, showing them what complete ones like, or whatever along those lines.
Who wouldn't. Compliments are always a big continuation booster (for pure total instance, I am sure sean -SB- gets a good smile each time a positive comments made as would anybody else who puts what they get out in the open.

Because of that feeling, I have approached the organisers of the armageddon expo with a proposal for a public display next year in auckland, and consequently, I have gained interest. Now we are just negotiating how we go about it, whether it works out or not who knows, its too early to know.. but the basic message is, since I am looking into things like that to get it out there, I am consequently not totally reliant on tfnz to have it on show.

As i said if people want it here, by all means, ill go to the hassle of photos etc,and if not, then it doesn't bother me the slightest bit...

The only benefit for ssnz i can see anyway would be, in whatever venture i do with it all, that tfnz would get a plugg.

At this time please note that i stress this reply in the realms of this particular thread, and no other threads or activites on this site. The only inputs i can give, in self evaluation...is that i will always remain 100% willing to give is the 'fake to original differences' advice that im now a very decent ace at, and of course buying/collecting/offering/sellers advice, which I can give by the truckload...ummmmm Thats about it.....

so again, up to all you guys, i shall take the honor posting it in yes, i shall take no offence in no.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby jiptravolta » Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 pm

iceman wrote:and for the new members and old ones posting, funny how their return/debut coincided shortly after with my rocket i sent out ...that HAD to be done to stop there being the potential for the contemplating of the site being closed again due to quietness etc....

i dont get this... :?
I was forgiving and keen to have you back Ice, but after this post im not so sure....an apology can do wonders, however you arrogance has once again shone thru :roll:

Also, try not to take credit for forum updates, since these had been planned for awhile and just had not been implemented

Headmaster City

Postby groverboy » Wed May 05, 2010 11:45 pm

iceman wrote:I thought I had leaft this all behind...

We thought you had too. Shame that you didn't and came back.

Autobot Commander

Postby Gravitron » Thu May 06, 2010 3:53 am

were you still thinking of having a booth at Armageddon?
Items for sale on TradeMe, check them out.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1153143
Hang out with me on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterGravitron

Faction Leader

Postby iceman » Thu May 06, 2010 1:22 pm

theres your answer s4turn, no updates/photos.

Evan, responding to your question, i havnt discussed with them a stool as such as i dont have anything for sale...but im not keen on sitting there all day myself haha and he was thinking some loose figures in the mix as well so i may ask at some stage if somebody wants to tag along. As i said still to early to know

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Thu May 06, 2010 6:34 pm

You're giving yourself way too much credit. Like Jip mentioned, and I am confident I told you that we were formulating plans to combat the spambot issue. And guess what? The plans came to form and we sorted that out. Sorry, but your tirade did not 'save' TFNZ. It was doing fine before you were here, and has been even better since you 'left'.

However, I do wonder what exactly you are still doing here, if you are so sure that this is a 'sinking ship'? Don't tell me you've decided you want to stay, cause you were so sure I was doing a terrible job at this site, and everyone was just 'ass-kissing' me.

Heed my advice, and take a hike. You are not welcome around here anymore. You've insulted a great many members of this community by your words of late.

Faction Leader

Postby iceman » Thu May 06, 2010 8:36 pm

never did say that i did "save' tfnz.

All you had to do in response to me saying whether members and admin wanted this particular thread to continue was yes or no, simple, regardless of the outcome i wouldnt mind.

Ironically, despite casting me out as the villian, you guys seem out to stir yourselves...and i aint guna buy the bait this time.

SO, ill say this.

TO ANY MEMBERS offended by any statements I have said recently that you may think were aimed straight at you, id like to say sorry if i implied they were. There is only a couple of members I dont see eye to eye with and its pretty clear who they are. So lets get that quite clear, i apologise to those whom i could of offended...which in a slight way is counterproductive as most of the people i talk to on here i have regular contact offsite with....

also, since i havn't really been on, who ever has done up the site, top job its mechanical running seems better than i remember.

I cant apologize for the thread that i bought up, was how i felt, and people are entitled to opinions... because it really was getting really quiet on here.. and i was really pissed off at the effort i took at photos and uploading and details of that giftset for general peoples interest just to have the whole thread turn into a sham... jip apologised for his oopsie though so im sweet as with him, so i shout out a special apology to him.

TFNZ Administrator

Postby Starscream NZ » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

No, but you have implied that I am incapable of handling this site and only with your brilliant ideas, or financial support, would TFNZ ever be 'successful'. I am not casting you as a villian, I am stating what you have said in the past, and valid as some of your points may have been, you approached that situation in the most detrimental of ways.

The reason I ask you to leave, is the fact that regardless of the 'is TFNZ dying' thread, you have been rude to other members of this forum and displayed a rather arrogant attitude. You said your self that you had counted yourself out of this community and didn't want a part of it, so, i'm holding you to your word.

Decepticon Warlord

Re: .....is tfnz dying?

Postby JimCamel » Fri May 07, 2010 12:46 pm

I've shifted the off topic posts from Iceman's collection thread to here. While I would rather have deleted them since I think that none of the messages are constructive, I don't support censorship.

I think everyone needs to just drop this, things were said, people were offended, but we're all adults so lets just let bygones be bygones. We're lucky here that we're a fairly tight knit community and don't have many problems that other forums have like people trolling and stuff, but if anything can bring down the forum it's infighting and petty-ness. I just ask for the sake of the forum everyone take the advice mothers everywhere give out, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
Wanna help? Check out my accessories want list.
The proud owner of all the US G1 Transformers :D

Headmaster City

Postby Spike » Sat May 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Can't we all just get along? Sometimes we just need to let things go. No offense meant to anyone.
Spike's want list
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12376

TFNZ Princess

Postby Mr_Ash » Sat May 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Spike wrote:Can't we all just get along? Sometimes we just need to let things go. No offense meant to anyone.

I agree with Spike. Is it possible for one of the admins to just delete/lock this thread and be done with it? It brings bad karma this thread
"..you get more classy every time."
"..you are a gentleman and a scholar."

Headmaster City

Postby groverboy » Sat May 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Mr Ash wrote:I agree with Spike. Is it possible for one of the admins to just delete/lock this thread and be done with it? It brings bad karma this thread

I don't beleive that will quash the onging issues that have come out of it though. It's already been evidenced that the effects aren't localised to this thread.

Can't just pretend it never happened.

Headmaster City

Postby green dragoon » Sat May 08, 2010 5:59 pm

groverboy wrote:
Mr Ash wrote:I agree with Spike. Is it possible for one of the admins to just delete/lock this thread and be done with it? It brings bad karma this thread

I don't beleive that will quash the onging issues that have come out of it though. It's already been evidenced that the effects aren't localised to this thread.

Can't just pretend it never happened.

agreed. the member in question's tyrad aganst SSNZ & TFNZ members was totally inappropriate and offensive and as long as the member in question continues to hang around the forum that tension in the air will never go away.

thats all i have to say about that.
The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A Tomahawk of Honesty in the Skull of Lies

Previous

Return to Site Questions and Suggestions